What's new

This Is A Hunt I've Longed For: Cheetah General Discussion

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
For the guy who said Cheetah beats both Darkseid AND Deadshot, I honestly don't believe it at all. Both those characters keep her out very, very easily, while Cheetah has to be absolutely calculated at every point of the match. You can't even jump Darkseid's beam...

Audit

Falls down too much
For the guy who said Cheetah beats both Darkseid AND Deadshot, I honestly don't believe it at all. Both those characters keep her out very, very easily, while Cheetah has to be absolutely calculated at every point of the match. You can't even jump Darkseid's beam...
I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like, so I still have some scrubby tenancies, but I think the Cheetah vs. Deadshot is super fun and in her favor. As long as you are on point blocking the low/OH string and know which gunshots are negative, it begins to feel like Deadshot has no tools to deal with her. Back him into the corner using pounce cancels under the gunshots, mixing in your standard duck, dash and blocking, and eventually you'll be on top of him to to knock him down and MBF3 his options, or even just bait his wakeup knee and punish. This character is not a problem for Cheetah, it just takes patience and the ability to gauge and manage the chip damage you are taking.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like, so I still have some scrubby tenancies, but I think the Cheetah vs. Deadshot is super fun and in her favor. As long as you are on point blocking the low/OH string and know which gunshots are negative, it begins to feel like Deadshot has no tools to deal with her. Back him into the corner using pounce cancels under the gunshots, mixing in your standard duck, dash and blocking, and eventually you'll be on top of him to to knock him down and MBF3 his options, or even just bait his wakeup knee and punish. This character is not a problem for Cheetah, it just takes patience and the ability to gauge and manage the chip damage you are taking.
I disagree. While it's generally not a problem for Cheetah to get in eventually, DS is actually a better character up close. So he beats her at every range on the screen. The other problem with Deadshot is late match chip damage. When you get down to critical health on both sides, DS is much more likely to win with more meter for clash and better chip damage.

kcd117

Noob
I still think she beats darkseid honestly, his zoning is overrated against cheetah, is not hard to get in if you have patience. I don't know tho, I never played one of these new meta darkseids, if he is really as strong as people are saying he is I might need to revisit the matchup to see what else he can do to cheetah. I don't think he wins this one just bc hes zoning is above average tho.

Now about deadshot I didn't say she beats him, I said that I don't think she loses it, and that I needed more time to explore that matchup. Anyway his zoning alone is not a good reason to say he beats cheetah, I feel like every character can get in on hardcore zoners in this game if you have the patience to do so.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
I just unlocked the casual mode ability predator crawl... why is this not a base ability? It would solve so many of Cheetahs issues, even if they needed the travel distance and took away the meter burn!

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I just unlocked the casual mode ability predator crawl... why is this not a base ability? It would solve so many of Cheetahs issues, even if they needed the travel distance and took away the meter burn!
She has a torpedo move aswell which is a similar deal. She just needs something for the opponent to think about with abit of range.

after a few weeks of playing cheetah she does good against deadshot and yes she can get in ... but darkseid ? she loses that forsure

cashthesehands

monster masher
after a few weeks of playing cheetah she does good against deadshot and yes she can get in ... but darkseid ? she loses that forsure
That one is really tough. The jump teleport ~ kick ~ stomp combo causes me alot of trouble. It'd be a much different story if pounce would low profile his standing laser.

cashthesehands

monster masher
You can usually anti-air that or walk away from him so it whiffs putting you back in the neutral.

I'm also part of team Deadshot and Darkseid are not bad.
Deadshot I at least understand the gameplan. Guess I just need to grind out the darkseid matchup a bit more.

kcd117

Noob
Walk away when he teleports. Jump away dive also can punish it for a full combo. For the lasers, it's actually easier than ds cannons, when he does the regular laser you can walk in, you can also dash in but unless you have the timing 100% down it is not worth it. If he does the air laser too high you can get 1 or 2 dashes, if he does it instant don't move, he is gonna land with another one. don't move after an ex one. If he releases the trait just pay attention and block it. Now for his traitless air mixups, cheetah doesn't have guess, his jump is floaty and she can just backdash or walk away and whiff punish depending on the range. One thing I didn't test is if he can jump to bait a backdash and instant air teleport into stomp and catch her before she can back dash away from his range again, I won't be playing for the next 5 days so if someone can try that I'd be thankful.

Walk away when he teleports. Jump away dive also can punish it for a full combo. For the lasers, it's actually easier than ds cannons, when he does the regular laser you can walk in, you can also dash in but unless you have the timing 100% down it is not worth it. If he does the air laser too high you can get 1 or 2 dashes, if he does it instant don't move, he is gonna land with another one. don't move after an ex one. If he releases the trait just pay attention and block it. Now for his traitless air mixups, cheetah doesn't have guess, his jump is floaty and she can just backdash or walk away and whiff punish depending on the range. One thing I didn't test is if he can jump to bait a backdash and instant air teleport into stomp and catch her before she can back dash away from his range again, I won't be playing for the next 5 days so if someone can try that I'd be thankful.
i want to see a cheetah player demonstrate how easy it is to get in on darkseid i feel this is nearly 6-4 7-3 darkseid.
She cant crouch lasers and her d2 whiffs a lot on his air teleport
once darkseid sees youre trying to get in you may run into constant zoning and darkseid always having a bar of meter to attack

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
i want to see a cheetah player demonstrate how easy it is to get in on darkseid i feel this is nearly 6-4 7-3 darkseid.
She cant crouch lasers and her d2 whiffs a lot on his air teleport
once darkseid sees youre trying to get in you may run into constant zoning and darkseid always having a bar of meter to attack
You can't low-profile Omega Beams but the recovery does allow a dash. Cheetah's dash is awesome, so he should really only be getting off about 3 or 4 beams before you're on that ass.

Once you get in, just d3, which low-profiles his wakeup Knee. He has no option but to block. Once he's respecting d3, you've basically won, since you can now mix in jump pressure, db1, f23, 12(throw), and other tools.

As others have said, when he teleports, just walk away or d2. Even with his trait mixup, I just always assume he's going for the big damage and react accordingly. If he doesn't, at worst I eat 100 or so damage and now he has no trait. At best, I full-combo punish him for trying to mix.

I want to get in more games vs @Eldriken to see if I'm missing anything (he stomped me hard last time we played, pun intended!), but I think I've started to figure it out since then.

You can't low-profile Omega Beams but the recovery does allow a dash. Cheetah's dash is awesome, so he should really only be getting off about 3 or 4 beams before you're on that ass.

Once you get in, just d3, which low-profiles his wakeup Knee. He has no option but to block. Once he's respecting d3, you've basically won, since you can now mix in jump pressure, db1, f23, 12(throw), and other tools.

As others have said, when he teleports, just walk away or d2. Even with his trait mixup, I just always assume he's going for the big damage and react accordingly. If he doesn't, at worst I eat 100 or so damage and now he has no trait. At best, I full-combo punish him for trying to mix.

I want to get in more games vs @Eldriken to see if I'm missing anything (he stomped me hard last time we played, pun intended!), but I think I've started to figure it out since then.
yeah thats pretty much how i play now ive only been playing PL's darkseid to go off but its not easy for me to get in you can d2 a majority of her lunge attacks on reaction and ex lasers stops her full screen
i wonder if adding armor to lunge someway would help

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
yeah thats pretty much how i play now ive only been playing PL's darkseid to go off but its not easy for me to get in you can d2 a majority of her lunge attacks on reaction and ex lasers stops her full screen
i wonder if adding armor to lunge someway would help
Armor on lunge would be a bit too nuts, I think.

kcd117

Noob
Again, getting outzoned is no excuse to label matchups 6/4 or 7/3 in this game. Every character can get in if you know how to use your tools properly. Cheetah has amazing mobility, if you say you lost bc you couldn't get in the whole match than you are doing something wrong, and if you are trying to d2 antiair stuff that's not right on top of your head you are also doing something. She can crouch lasers, every character can. Her oki is pretty scary against him as well, and without trait on screen there's not much he can do after you get in d3 range.

Honestly I feel like NRS nailed zoning in this game, 95% of the cast has reliable ways of getting in and staying in. Spamming gets you killed, and being impatient gets you killed, is not like the broken run mechanic and advancing armor of mkx where you simply can't keep anybody out but it's also not like in injustice where you had to move like a turtle to get past a barrage of ia zod balls. If you wanna try to get in like it's MKX you are gonna loose, and if you wanna try to zone like it's injustice you are also gonna loose. Every complaint I've seen so far from cheetah players about getting zoned out, aside some from the batman matchup, are honestly more of a player thing than a character fault.

Armor on lunge would be a bit too nuts, I think.
Bit too much like cyborgs grappling armor or catwomans full screen lunge with armor that combos or wonderwomans armored shoulder bane etc? can she even make her wakeups safe? or she didnt need that either lol
still gonna play her but shes bottom mid to me and buffs are not far fetched for me to think about.
#cheetahboyz

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Bit too much like cyborgs grappling armor or catwomans full screen lunge with armor that combos or wonderwomans armored shoulder bane etc? can she even make her wakeups safe? or she didnt need that either lol
still gonna play her but shes bottom mid to me and buffs are not far fetched for me to think about.
#cheetahboyz
Well Catwoman's doesn't have armor on wakeup (the armor actually takes a while to kick in) and none of the others lead to a full-combo on hit. So yeah, I'd say it would be a bit much considering her current tools. Delayed wakeup is always an option. She can also back-dash as a wakeup, and her backdash is phenomenal.

Osty

Noob
Just figured out that you can d3 through a darkseids armored f3. Thinking this is possibly a glitch. I can't see this being intended. I did it like 3 times in a ranked match to someone.... poor guy. Thought I would pass this info on. Against darkseids you can d3 his wakeup knee and the armor. Pretty wild to maintain pressure as his options become very limited.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I will actually start looking into her D3 more tomorrow... It might be the new Wonder Woman D3 when it comes to its low-profiling properties but we'll see.

Today I found out that you can actually D3 under Supergirl's B12~breathe which shouldn't be possible since it's an 8F gap and you need a 7F move to interrupt it (D1 does) but my guess is that D3 actually low profiles the special.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
As for the Deadshot MU, surprisingly I don't think it's that bad... I think he wins but she has a lot of options actually.
- good dash and walkspeed
- she can do lunge reads to his low rifle, multihitting shots and mid shots.
- lunge actually low profiles his mid fulscreen shot at max distance, which means you can hold down lunge and react to either mid shot or low rifle and then let it go. Lunge into j1/3 will punish low rifle, it won't punish mid shot but then you're in.
-after command grab on hit I like to walk forward into D1 to stuff his wake-up and once he respects that I can go for more options or MB F3 is an easier and more rewarding option.

GroovyMango

Bullseye
I've done a lot of thinking about Cheetah (and a lot of playing too) and I've come to this conclusion about her.

Cheetah has a lot of strengths and a lot of weaknesses, I don't think she's top tier af but I don't think she's bad at all. I feel like no matter what match up you go up against in this game, Cheetah has the tools to win them all. Between every type of mixup, great mobility, good oki and damage, Cheetah needs to only outplay her opponent, more than play the match up 100%.

Given all the different ways she can potentially open people up, it allows her to be played in so many different ways, which means no two cheetah matchups will be similar!! We have a good character in our hands here guys, lets show everyone how godlike she is :3