What's new

This game is ridiculously balanced

Rate the overall character balance for Injustice (v1.06)

• Total voters

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Why has no one raved about this yet? I have no freaking idea. But let's face it, the game is very well balanced. I WISH MK9 was half as balanced as Injustice is right now.

Now don't get me wrong. This game has it's retarded characters. The three stupidest characters in the game (in my opinion, of course) are:

MMH
Aquaman
Zod

And there is no denying that. And sure the game also has some very lopsided match-ups like:

MMH vs Green Arrow (8-2)
Aquaman vs Scorpion (8-2)
etc. etc.

But even so. The silliness doesn't just stop at the top three. You have characters like Killer Frost, Batgirl, Superman, Green Lantern, Black Adam, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. etc. that aren't too far behind at all. They are literally right there besides the leading characters.

Just think of how much a mess MK9 was with some of the top tiers. No one in Injustice holds a candle to Kabal. We're talking about a character with no even match-ups, for christ's sake. How stupid does that look and sound? How could someone possibly fathom or justify a character like that who exists as being okay? To make things worse, 80% of the cast could barely even fight the next character in line that was Kenshi. What an imbalanced train wreck.

At least the top three in Injustice have even match-ups. At least the top three in Injustice have some form of weakness. At least some "mid tiers" can give the top three in Injustice a run for their money.

And don't get me started on the bottom tier for MK:9. Gosh, they were terrible. Such complete wastes of space that you would turn the most innocent man into a ravaging salty demon with the sole purpose of uncovering the reason behind such character's uselessness. The bottom tier in this game? They still look pretty good to me and actually have a chance in tournament.

I mean, I may not like this game as much as I want to. But if there's something that I can always sit down and appreciate when talking about Injustice, it's the balance. And this is what NRS got right going forward from MK9. No other fighting game created by NRS can awe you with such stimulation on balance discussion like Injustice. It's something that will always put a smile on my face and make me go "Man, they definitely did a phenomenal job here." when looking at the character select screen.
I expected the replies to had some humor in them, but I don't see any so... WHO PAYS HIM TO TALK BULLSHIT THIS TIME?

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Sorry for asking this, but i am new to MK9...is Kabal really that OP? If all of the community agrees, why did they not nerf him?
Kabal's only true 5-5 MU is Kratos, with good fundamental, then master his NDC & his IAF, you're god lol.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Yeah it sucks in MK9 I had to struggle in tournaments with Kung Lao while alot of people were choosing top tier characters. At least in Injustice there is a pretty good balance so I don't have to worry about super lopsided matchups anymore

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Balanced games are boring as hell. Also, MK9 is far better than Injustice but Injustice is the new game to win money for so that's why it's being played, but it's trash.
i don't know that Kabal is still alive after MK9's story and has a TYM account.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah it sucks in MK9 I had to struggle in tournaments with Kung Lao while alot of people were choosing top tier characters. At least in Injustice there is a pretty good balance so I don't have to worry about super lopsided matchups anymore
So you just set your balls on a tee for everyone to mash

ggs King ggs :)

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
But even so. The silliness doesn't just stop at the top three. You have characters like Killer Frost, Batgirl, Superman, Green Lantern, Black Adam, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. etc. that aren't too far behind at all. They are literally right there besides the leading characters.

Out of curiosity, what would you do to Grundy or Cyborg to make that matchup better? I can't think of a way to change it without making Grundy OP or nerfing Cy to oblivion
No idea about either character since I don't play them but off the top of my head make MB rot or whatever it's called to give projectile immunity while it's up or just a few seconds.

Kabal was considered to have several losing and even matchups in October 2011. Give the game another year or so then the balance will become more apparent.

The only thing I will agree with is that current Injustice opinion balance is equal to Oct. 2011 MK9 balance, in that it will just be looked at down the road as laughably wrong. If I am wrong on this, that would be really sad.
during that time kung lao, cyrax were kenshi were not mentioned in pretty much most of the top 5 lists. it was something like jax, kabal, kitana, sonya etc.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!

King....

Man....

I can't even :p

Still love you King!

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
As a veteran crossover game player, the balance levels is staggering. Just think, this is compared to other crossover games I've played, consisting of: MvC2, MvC3, Dissidia(to my shame), and the entire Melee series. I mean, seriously, people complain about Superman, but people still played him and dealt with him, as opposed to Meta Knight, who was banned at one point, or Roll from MvC2, who was just.......why? Thank your lucky stars we don't have anything like that going on.