What's new

This game is ridiculously balanced

Rate the overall character balance for Injustice (v1.06)

• Total voters
I agree. Its still early but there is way more characters being played than at this point in mk9. Of course the "stupid" characters still get the most exposure, but i honestly dont see nearly as many supermen, black adams, mmh, aquaman, etc. on tournament streams as i saw kabal, cyrax, kung lao, sonya and kenshi.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I agree. Its still early but there is way more characters being played than at this point in mk9. Of course the "stupid" characters still get the most exposure, but i honestly dont see nearly as many supermen, black adams, mmh, aquaman, etc. on tournament streams as i saw kabal, cyrax, kung lao, sonya and kenshi.
But there is not one character even close to Kabal on Injustice

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Certain match-ups are a pain in the ass (Batgirl vs Aquaman) but for the most part the roster is pretty balanced after the patch. I have no idea who the worst character is now, and whoever he or she is they'll still be good.

*cough cough* Cyborg/Grundy *cough cough*

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
Balanced games are boring as hell. Also, MK9 is far better than Injustice but Injustice is the new game to win money for so that's why it's being played, but it's trash.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't really see what weakness those 3 have.
It's not about weakness but match ups. They don't have weakness but they have a lot of even match ups and maybe a few losing match ups. In MK Kabal didn't have losing or even match ups, kenshi had a few even match ups and a lot of must win ones, same for Kung Lao

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I'm just going to say, I hope we're not done with the patches yet. There are problems that went unaddressed in general for no real identifiable reason (like the aforementioned grundy/cyborg, which is basically unacceptable to be left alone) and I don't think their rationale for why there are terrible matchups is all that good. I don't think we're actually that far out from a game where every character can reasonably perform in all their matches, but it will need some more time to breathe before we can say for certain. Hopefully we get one more touch-up in January or so.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm just going to say, I hope we're not done with the patches yet. There are problems that went unaddressed in general for no real identifiable reason (like the aforementioned grundy/cyborg, which is basically unacceptable to be left alone) and I don't think their rationale for why there are terrible matchups is all that good. I don't think we're actually that far out from a game where every character can reasonably perform in all their matches, but it will need some more time to breathe before we can say for certain. Hopefully we get one more touch-up in January or so.

Out of curiosity, what would you do to Grundy or Cyborg to make that matchup better? I can't think of a way to change it without making Grundy OP or nerfing Cy to oblivion

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Out of curiosity, what would you do to Grundy or Cyborg to make that matchup better? I can't think of a way to change it without making Grundy OP or nerfing Cy to oblivion
Not sure. I've tilted at the idea of Grundy's cleaver projectile crushing a la Zangief's green hand, but I honestly don't know enough about that match or either character to know whether that's a good idea. I've had a Grundy player tell me it would help (obviously), but I would also worry about what it might do to say, Green Arrow.

I was only using them as an example anyhow. It's not the only thing that still needs attention.