What's new

This game is ridiculously balanced

Rate the overall character balance for Injustice (v1.06)

• Total voters

DarkPage

Noob
I'm guessing MMH's standing 3 beats the low ice arrow, the overhead ice arrow and GA's MB slide?

Considering those are pretty much Green Arrow's main ways of opening people up I could see this being a big factor.
wow if thats true, ive been playing that match-up all wrong

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Lol at this community still thinking Kabal, Kung Lao and Kenshi are still the top 3 in MK9.

Also, are you really gonna take the word of the guy that swore for months that Kenshi is overrated for months and out of nowhere probably had 16 Bit's gatling gun held to his head and made a video saying Kenshi goes completely even with Kabal?

Just something to think about.

But there is not one character even close to Kabal on Injustice
This mentality is why Kabal himself was practically untouched throughout the patches in MK9.

And it's why it'll happen again (and currently is happening with each and every patch concerning one single character) in Injustice.

It's up to you guys to figure out who it is, if you don't want that.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Still think Aqua loses go frost.
Still think zod loses to frost. I gotta play pig to finalize that decision.

But other than that, I'd have to agree. This game is pretty balanced and feels much more fun after the patch.
Aquaman-Frost IMO is 6-4 Frost, but I wouldn't fight a person on 5-5

However I feel Frost -Z0d is definitely 6-4 Frost, and I'm not even a candidate to say so.

To this date I don't really have a feel for the MU...
-I haven't downloaded the character and will not desecrate my harddrive by doing so.
-Didn't even realize his zod balls were overhead until what, last month?
-Still can't tell if the string where he looks like he's flailing his arms like a wimp who can't fight has a low in it or not.

Yet I can't see why it WOULDN'T be in Frost's advantage. Also online warrior Zods are too scarce to draw knowledge from, and are too silly to even use his trait once during the match(lol Iceberg, I love you), so the only knowledge I get out of those matches is information about how acquainted they are with my mother and how I'm 'cheating' by not letting them summon KT Smith.

As it stands, even one as ignorant in the MU as me can see who wears the pants in this relationship:

Zods who wish to prove me wrong, can:

My GT is my name.

"Kabal. We're talking about a character with no even match-ups, for christ's sake. How stupid does that look and sound? How could someone possibly fathom or justify a character like that who exists as being okay?" agreed

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Commenting on the Killer Frost matchup: Eh, I'd say it's even. Killer Frost doesn't really have anything that I'd write home about outside of what she always has, which, you know, works on most everyone. As for the trait setup, Iceberg isn't THAT great tool, since Zod can trait after a blocked Berg and still block the next one. Iceberg is also a free Zod Charge punish at about 3/4ths of the screen to boot. KF can no longer parry trait, which is whatevs, but KF has to respect the Wraith as Zod has to respect the vortex. Zods should be ending their traits in 123 Laser charge now, which is great wakeup bait, or Phantom Strike which leaves you too far away to Frostbite and gives free trait.

Basically what I'm saying is that Zod wins zoning and has several setups where he can get trait out just fine if you try to outzone him.

Still think Aqua loses go frost.
Still think zod loses to frost. I gotta play pig to finalize that decision.

But other than that, I'd have to agree. This game is pretty balanced and feels much more fun after the patch.

There is no way Aqua vs Frost is anything but 5-5. If being able to punish Aquaman = he lost, then he loses a lot of MU. Also, Aquaman doen't use FTD or low scoop in the mu so what is there to punish? Aqua punishes ice berg, does that mean its 6-4 Aqua? obviously not, because you don't need to use ice berg. See the comparison here? he doesn't need to be unsafe.

On topic..

I don't know that the top 3 really lose any MU, but they have a lot of MU that they can lose. A lot of their MU are 5-5 and some of those are on the fence of them actually losing as the game evolves.

My Character is not top 5. Super Man and Black Adam nerfed are still OP. The hell is My Motherfucking Ho doing bodying Green Arrow?

Ares 'World famous MC Hammer impersonator. (Cant touch this)
Aquaman 'Even more world famous MC Hammer impersonator. Can't touch this (white boy style)
Batman is just 'Who cares I'm so plus and positive I should have HIV'
Bat Girl 'Oh you guessed right?' . . . 'Do it again'
Bane's just "HERP-A-DERP-WAKEUPZ-WUZDAT?'
Black Adam 'Still gets away with murder, patch did nothing. He still Michael Jackson's Moonwalkers my pressure :('
Cat Woman ' Dat Hard Knock Down damage needs more nerfs '
Green Arrow 'I love that low hit box' 'Good Air-to-air damage' nerf pls all he needs is d1~arrow!
Green Lantern 'b1 into even lift bros' 'f3' what else do you need -> Non PROJECTILE MB MINI-gun.. of course <-
Hawkgirl: 'Macecharge MB and her corner damage and throw set ups? Too OP'
Wonder Woman: 'Quick lows, OTGs, and overheads? Obviously top 3 too strong stop her this patch did nothing'
Zatanna 'Reverses my Inputs and has frame traps, cross ups on knock down but she's slow so she's obviously ass. 8%-13% CURVABLE projectile' OP BITCH!
Flash 'FLASH SUCKS NOW GUYS HE CAN ONLY HIT FOR MID 30's off of mids, overheads, lows, trait combos, we lost 5% damage on average. Flash is now ass.. amirite?
Nightwing 'He's too god damn plus? What has two good stances? WTF is this, this is NRS one stance must be useless chicken AIDS while one is stronk. nerf pls'
MMH 'He's fine. Overlook him'
Lobo 'LOOK AT THAT DAMAGE! Too bad he can get in much easier and has more set ups. But patch did nothing. Lobo bottom 3'
Joker 'Lives up to name. What a joke and waste of character. Teeth loops what a myth Qwark28 knows nothing of anything.
Sinestro 'Typical COD Mentality. jUST Camping
Zod - KNEEL

Rest of cast needs more testing....

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
There is no way Aqua vs Frost is anything but 5-5. If being able to punish Aquaman = he lost, then he loses a lot of MU. Also, Aquaman doen't use FTD or low scoop in the mu so what is there to punish? Aqua punishes ice berg, does that mean its 6-4 Aqua? obviously not, because you don't need to use ice berg. See the comparison here? he doesn't need to be unsafe.

On topic..

I don't know that the top 3 really lose any MU, but they have a lot of MU that they can lose. A lot of their MU are 5-5 and some of those are on the fence of them actually losing as the game evolves.
Who does MMH come close to losing to? Batman?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
My Character is not top 5. Super Man and Black Adam nerfed are still OP. The hell is My Motherfucking Ho doing bodying Green Arrow?

Ares 'World famous MC Hammer impersonator. (Cant touch this)
Aquaman 'Even more world famous MC Hammer impersonator. Can't touch this (white boy style)
Batman is just 'Who cares I'm so plus and positive I should have HIV'
Bat Girl 'Oh you guessed right?' . . . 'Do it again'
Bane's just "HERP-A-DERP-WAKEUPZ-WUZDAT?'
Black Adam 'Still gets away with murder, patch did nothing. He still Michael Jackson's Moonwalkers my pressure :('
Cat Woman ' Dat Hard Knock Down damage needs more nerfs '
Green Arrow 'I love that low hit box' 'Good Air-to-air damage' nerf pls all he needs is d1~arrow!
Green Lantern 'b1 into even lift bros' 'f3' what else do you need -> Non PROJECTILE MB MINI-gun.. of course <-
Hawkgirl: 'Macecharge MB and her corner damage and throw set ups? Too OP'
Wonder Woman: 'Quick lows, OTGs, and overheads? Obviously top 3 too strong stop her this patch did nothing'
Zatanna 'Reverses my Inputs and has frame traps, cross ups on knock down but she's slow so she's obviously ass. 8%-13% CURVABLE projectile' OP BITCH!
Flash 'FLASH SUCKS NOW GUYS HE CAN ONLY HIT FOR MID 30's off of mids, overheads, lows, trait combos, we lost 5% damage on average. Flash is now ass.. amirite?
Nightwing 'He's too god damn plus? What has two good stances? WTF is this, this is NRS one stance must be useless chicken AIDS while one is stronk. nerf pls'
MMH 'He's fine. Overlook him'
Lobo 'LOOK AT THAT DAMAGE! Too bad he can get in much easier and has more set ups. But patch did nothing. Lobo bottom 3'
Joker 'Lives up to name. What a joke and waste of character. Teeth loops what a myth Qwark28 knows nothing of anything.
Sinestro 'Typical COD Mentality. jUST Camping
Zod - KNEEL

Rest of cast needs more testing....
nerf everything, leave nothing

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I dont see how.
I think it's 5-5 now, but it was actually better before the teleport change.

Staff: NW's options are faster than MMH for zoning, and up close he eats up his normals pretty badly. (Besides f2 since this can beat his staff normals, similar to Catwoman b3.) If MMH's trait usage is on point, he can do well against staff at a specific spot on screen, but once it's gone NW has control of the match again.

In escrima it was great before, since spark was a big threat. He could dash cancel out of them to safely bait teleports and punish them, but the buff to the hitbox made that significantly more difficult. After a blocked teleport NW's b2 cancels open up a large amount of options, and MMH has to respect them since it will chase his backdash. MMH still controls the air well, and can hold a lead against NW better than most, which is a problem NW has anyway. It's an interesting matchup, but MMH is one of the strong characters I'd rather fight the most as NW, since his options are so good.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Aquaman-Frost IMO is 6-4 Frost, but I wouldn't fight a person on 5-5

However I feel Frost -Z0d is definitely 6-4 Frost, and I'm not even a candidate to say so.

To this date I don't really have a feel for the MU...
-I haven't downloaded the character and will not desecrate my harddrive by doing so.
-Didn't even realize his zod balls were overhead until what, last month?
-Still can't tell if the string where he looks like he's flailing his arms like a wimp who can't fight has a low in it or not.

Yet I can't see why it WOULDN'T be in Frost's advantage. Also online warrior Zods are too scarce to draw knowledge from, and are too silly to even use his trait once during the match(lol Iceberg, I love you), so the only knowledge I get out of those matches is information about how acquainted they are with my mother and how I'm 'cheating' by not letting them summon KT Smith.

As it stands, even one as ignorant in the MU as me can see who wears the pants in this relationship:

Zods who wish to prove me wrong, can:

My GT is my name.
I firmly believe it's at minimum 5-5 xKhaoTik

Ill play both of u this week

Rickyraws if u wrote a book is read it, but it, tour it w you. You're my fav poster

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Kabal was considered to have several losing and even matchups in October 2011. Give the game another year or so then the balance will become more apparent.

The only thing I will agree with is that current Injustice opinion balance is equal to Oct. 2011 MK9 balance, in that it will just be looked at down the road as laughably wrong. If I am wrong on this, that would be really sad.

but REO you play Martianman of course you think the game is balanced

i dont know much about MK history but im pretty sure this is at least a lot more balanced than mk9/previous mks.

doesn't make it nearly as balanced as games from capcom, arcsys, skullgirls, etcetc