What's new

This game is ridiculously balanced

Rate the overall character balance for Injustice (v1.06)

• Total voters
Yes this game definitely feels much much more balanced than that piece of shit game MK9.

I've been maining Cyborg for about a month now and I feel like he has gotten much better since the balance patch, I love his trait now and his GH is so much easier to do. Poor Grundy players haven't got a prayer. I have beaten plenty of Supermans and Black Adams since the patch dropped and I'm loving it because those were tough matchups.

Also.. Shazam and Lobo are more difficult to zone out and Joker is a little more challenging than before. Bane and Doomsday buffs make them very tough matchups for Cyborg.

9/10 for me. Only FG I own that is this balanced is VF5S.

Kevlang

Noob
This makes me want a balance patch for MK9 even more. Clearly, NRS is capable of creating a balanced game, and MK9 should still be getting attention from NRS. They're still generating revenue MK9 from the Komplete Edition and PC release.

A Smoke player, I would be perfectly happy with losing Smoke Bomb resets if it meant that the roster was balanced.

To justify their time spent on balance patches, NRS could release another 2-4 DLC characters and Skin Packs.

What DLC characters? Assuming they want to reserve the MK4-7 cast for MK X, there are still several appealing choices...

Cyber Smoke
Chameleon
Khameleon
Shinnok
Fujin
Sareena

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I'm totally in agreement with OP in this case.

As for bad matchups, thats the fun of having two or three characters. I'm working on secondaries all the time and its half the reason I still play the game. Hell in GGXX I ended up learning every character and winning tournaments with four different people!

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
Besides completely disagreeing with this joke/troll thread, 'I have had a question for all the testers for quite some time' I acquired this game almost two weeks before release. The first time it was inserted a friend and myself [neither of which are rookies to fg's] played each of the characters in training mode and we clearly knew how complete BS Superman was and Aquaman who is Very strong still (altho we did not see the magic of Black Adam) anyway My question TO THE TESTERS which is out of curiosity is= DID YOU NOT USE SUPERMAN IN TOURNAMENT PLAY AMONGST EACH OTHER BECAUSE OF THE PUBLICS RESPONSE AND IT WOULD HAVE HURT THE GAMES IMAGE? OR WAS THIER LIKE SOME PACKED OR SOMETHING? I really do not expect the truth or anyone to commit media suicide yet I am curios of your response.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Still think Aqua loses go frost.
Still think zod loses to frost. I gotta play pig to finalize that decision.

But other than that, I'd have to agree. This game is pretty balanced and feels much more fun after the patch.

Yes.
Yes.
and Yes.

Hopefully if and when this game is ported to XbOne and Ps4 (5-6 more months?) we get a final patch to hold us until mk10.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
id rate it a 7. there are a few matchups in this game that are really fucked up but every character at the core is strong. i just feel that in the previous patch, there were a few characters (although strong by general game standards) were not very good compared to the rest of the cast but we'll see how it goes. i also feel there is a lot people dont know about this game and they would write off bad matchups right away. overall, i think its for the most part relatively balanced but not great.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Yeah...it's safe to say this is a pretty balanced game (except for HawkGirl's two HORRENDOUS MU's). I made a status update a few days ago saying "I don't miss MK9...at all", which is odd for me because I am an MK purist and was somewhat reluctant to get into Injustice (thank you, Selina Kyle).

This game just "feels" more balanced...there are no MU's that seem un-winnable...where as MK just "felt" bad in some MU's. I actually don't understand it when people say this game is boring or isn't fun...I used to hate it in like the first week but then once I convinced myself there were no dash cancels and no block button...totally fell in love. Plus my three mains (Catwoman, HawkGirl, and Killer Frost) keep the game so fresh for me.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
The universal options are what makes it feel balanced to me. Still a bit early to tell overall.
Yes. This! When the game was first released, I felt it was more balanced than MK9 right from the get go considering EVERYONE had a MB B3 and F3. That was such an issue for characters in MK9....some had buckets of armor, Kenshi, and some didn't even have an ounce, Sindel.

The balance in Injustice is, on the whole, pretty decent. There are certainly some very lop-sided matchups, but there aren't any characters that blatantly dominate everyone else.

On an individual scale, some characters like Hawkgirl are atrociously balanced (she can go toe-to-toe with some of the best, but has a handful of utterly awful MUs), but given that these characters are skewed towards the lower end of the tier list rather than the higher end, it doesn't affect the game as negatively.

I mean, the balance isn't anywhere near the level of, say, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but it's certainly solid.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I mean, the balance isn't anywhere near the level of, say, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but it's certainly solid.
Really? I don't play TTT2 but I see it played all the time at the local arcade and it seems like I always see the same 6 characters or so. Especially the dude with the mechanical arm.

I'm guessing MMH's standing 3 beats the low ice arrow, the overhead ice arrow and GA's MB slide?

Considering those are pretty much Green Arrow's main ways of opening people up I could see this being a big factor.