What's new

They're after our Sonya

Dedlock

Noob
Exactly, I hope they don't listen. Back in injustice it wasn't this bad. So many casuals have come out of no where and they want nerfs because they just don't know how to play defense. If you think Sonya is bad go and play agains Summoner Quan. Sonya is Black Adam light. I've never played against a single Sonya and thought this is broken. Broken is, there is nothing you can do. Against Geras, there are many situations where you can do nothing. Leave Scop, Sub, Sonya, alone and get better for christ's sake.
Thank you, it's not fair it's been less than fortnight and already they want Sonya gutted.

Her amplified energy ring killing blow is the only killing blow she can consistently get, and you guys want to take that away?
No, I'd like it to be replaced with a different one that she can consistently get which is accessed through her combo strings. She's a close up character and should have KB combos available to her like the other close up characters do. She should be weak from far away to compensate for how good she is when she gets in, so the ability to do 30+% damage (I forget what the actual damage of her KB is) from full screen, even if it's only once per match, is a tool she shouldn't have access to.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Jesus, you're a shining example of a scrub who's trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about. Her forward advancing launcher is a high. Which means she's actually a wiff punish character who also has a low option for an added mix up. You don't just rush in with Sonya like she's Jax. She's not actually a rush down character. You have to pay attention to your spacing.
If you don't main her, how can you possibly know how she works? im confused.

DarkSado

Noob
Also Baraka does more damage than Sonya and he has a half screen advancing 12 frame mid. Sonya has to work to get in. The casuals are just upset that they're getting clipped by the overhead. You get hit by Baraka in the corner, the round is basically over. You want to know how to counter Sonya... d3. She and Sub zero are good characters sure, but not on Erron/ Geras level. Scorpion is just a really solid character too.
Lol work to get in.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Sonya b1 is 9f startup thats forward advancing and it has no gap going into her overhead or low string.
I'm sure her b1 startup could be increased to like 11 frames and still be good to use while making it slightly easier to see.

Her damage is a bit much compared to a lot of other characters in the roster.
It should be toned down some.

Her projectile is fine. Probably one of the few high projectiles Shao Kahn can leap hammer over.

Baraka knows best by the way when it comes to gutting.

NRS are very bad at balancing their games , they always over nerf character untill they are not usable at mid to high level.

they have the wrong attitude about it , shey should give every one tools and stop over nerfing. make everyone dumb. its mortal kombat not minecraft.

you guys remember dead shot and aquaman ? we never saw them again in any tournements. remeber alien and tanya same goes for them? its ok to remove broken shit but to absulutly kill a character isnt

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I main Sonya and agree that she needs to be nerfed. I mostly want her damage toned down and extra recovery added onto rings, if they’re hell bent on keeping her 50/50 as is at least. Her 50/50 is dumb and doesn’t belong in this game tbh. If they nerf her 50/50 and her energy rings so she doesn’t just dominate all over the screen and mix you to death her damage is more acceptable.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
I hate the "don't nerf anyone just buff the rest" mentality. Like, okay, they overnerfed and nerfed wrong things in the past, but if you just buff anyone to the level the top tier characters are, you basically give everyone bullshit tools and go back on what you said the game was going to be.
MK11 is supposed to be neutral heavy and strategic. Most of the cast has a playstyle that reflects that. I'm much more comfortable with nerfing the outliers than turning it into MKX fiesta again.
A lot of content creators and high level players have said the same thing by now: the whole cast plays on one meta and the high tiers play on a meta of their own, which is considerably less about the neutral and more about huge damage numbers and mixups. I personally prefer a slower paced, more strategic meta.

GhosT

Noob
Just tone her damage down a little bit. Not kill her combos just drop the damage to be closer to other characters and let it play out. I mean we can all agree the damage is sort of silly when you consider all of her other amazing tools as well. Let's normalize the dammy a bit and let it rock. Normalize not nerf is the answer here imo

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Alright listen up. If you don't play Sonya, don't comment on what she needs. If you have not played a high level sonya, do not come in here and spit BS like "she's fine learn the mu" cuz im willing to bet you don't even know it and would get bopped. Almost every one of my what 24 hrs has been with Sonya. 300+ games and im telling u she needs to be adjusted.

-energy rings need to be around 17-19f , not 12.
-her damage needs to be cut from 50% t bar to 35-37 max. from her mix in the corner.

other that that she is fine. energy ring is -10 after blocking it from b14. learn your punish. its also a high so if you block b14, you can poke the ER but u have to be quick. It's not easy but it is doable.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
For the most part, this thread seems like it has a good head on its shoulders. Adjust the damage output. Maybe talk about rings.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Only characters that should see slight nerfs is maybe Geras and Erron Black. I don’t think they really need to be nerfed though. Just buff the lower tiers. Please please please do this. Otherwise it will just be lame tier shifting, then the next batch of characters will be complained about and the cycle will be an infinite that you can’t even breakaway from.

Jesus, you're a shining example of a scrub who's trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about. Her forward advancing launcher is a high. Which means she's actually a wiff punish character who also has a low option for an added mix up. You don't just rush in with Sonya like she's Jax. She's not actually a rush down character. You have to pay attention to your spacing.
Wow. You went weird and creepy fast. Good luck with all of that bullshit in your life, dude.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Alright listen up. If you don't play Sonya, don't comment on what she needs. If you have not played a high level sonya, do not come in here and spit BS like "she's fine learn the mu" cuz im willing to bet you don't even know it and would get bopped. Almost every one of my what 24 hrs has been with Sonya. 300+ games and im telling u she needs to be adjusted.

-energy rings need to be around 17-19f , not 12.
-her damage needs to be cut from 50% t bar to 35-37 max. from her mix in the corner.

other that that she is fine. energy ring is -10 after blocking it from b14. learn your punish. its also a high so if you block b14, you can poke the ER but u have to be quick. It's not easy but it is doable.
I guess i should keep my mouth close since i don't play Sonya in MK11. Lol carry on people.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I've come across alot of posts rabidly demanding Sonya get nerfed.

Specifically targeting her damage output, her overhead low mix up and her energy rings.

I'm dreading netherrealm guts her in the next patch because thats their answer for everything.

Hopefully the dont nerf her , I dont feel like she's overpowered/ broken in this game. Her strings are very predictable. Just one combo that launches. She has no variety in strings , lacking good normals and her jump is very awkward no dive kick.

If they do nerf her then they have to give us her military stance overhead khartwheel back to insert it into her strings and give us more options.
So you know I'm against Nerfs over buffs unless it's meta breaking.

This game is focused on neutral and conditioning to open up your opponent. Many characters can't combo from both lows and Overheads instead if they are lucky enough to have a low and an Overhead one is a knockdown or it can't combo and is usually unsafe and used for conditioning.

Her energy ring cancel allowing her to combo off her low and go from Overhead to low or low to overhead, low to low, and some if them get 50%. Considering they are in the corner that one mix-up takes the match. I don't feel it's fair or intended to have a cancel that allows multiple mixups.

She would still be top tier without it, in fact I prefer no holds barred with the counters.

So if she got a Nerf I think she should lose the capability to cancel from low to overhead or any other mix from her energy ring cancel. She should be unsafe off her Overhead that leads to damage and have to condition like most other characters do to get them in combo.
A damage Nerf may not be needed after that.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Her amplified energy ring killing blow is the only killing blow she can consistently get, and you guys want to take that away?

From what I'm reading basically let me summarise,
Nerf her energy rings both normal and amplified , make its start up slower therefore destroying her ring cancels.

Make her amplified energy rings hit high ( it was a mid in mkx as well) and remove her killing blow!

Next you'd like her only mix up string which isn't safe by the way to be made slower. So her only viable combo becomes a liability.

Next you'd like a big damage nerf bringing her down from 35% to 25% .

Edit

Forgot they wanted the start up for her killing blow to be made slower!

I dont think she'll have anything left.

What else anything else you'd liked to be gutted?
No, if you add recovery to her rings, like actual recovery, you can still keep the cancel combos. The KB damage needs to be toned down, as it's higher than mostly everyone's projectile hit damage. From Sonya. Compare Deadshot's straight gunshot to Sonya's. Compare actual zoners projectile's to Sonya's. It almost appears like they made a mistake with how strong it is. Do you really think offensive rush powerhouse Sonya Blade should be able to machine gun Rings faster than anyone in the game's projectiles and recovery near instantly? Is your answer to this question truly "yes she should"?

Her projectile should be a check, not godlike. I mean if you would have told me "[Insert bet] that Sonya would have the fastest, best recovery, best projectile in the game and keep all her other facets in tact" I would have lost any bet offered.

Everything else can stay imo (maybe slight damage reduction from corner combos to be in line with the actual MK11 game). But to defend Sonya's version of Zonya? Be better than this.

Dedlock

Noob
No, if you add recovery to her rings, like actual recovery, you can still keep the cancel combos. The KB damage needs to be toned down, as it's higher than mostly everyone's projectile hit damage. From Sonya. Compare Deadshot's straight gunshot to Sonya's. Compare actual zoners projectile's to Sonya's. It almost appears like they made a mistake with how strong it is. Do you really think offensive rush powerhouse Sonya Blade should be able to machine gun Rings faster than anyone in the game's projectiles and recovery near instantly? Is your answer to this question truly "yes she should"?

Her projectile should be a check, not godlike. I mean if you would have told me "[Insert bet] that Sonya would have the fastest, best recovery, best projectile in the game and keep all her other facets in tact" I would have lost any bet offered.

Everything else can stay imo (maybe slight damage reduction from corner combos to be in line with the actual MK11 game). But to defend Sonya's version of Zonya? Be better than this.
Did you play demolition Sonya in mkx ? We've lost all that so giving her a beefed up energy ring for the first time in mk history is fine by me. I've been a long time Sonya fan and I'm happy they've atleast made an effort to expand the usefulness of her energy rings in this game and show us its true potential.

Furthermore without a teleport or dive kick or transport tool, the energy rings are a good tool to find a way to get in.

But you know I'll live, aleast I managed to experience this Sonya before they proceed to gut her.

I wish she they compensate by strengthening her normals and give her more moves like restoring her military stance overhead khartwheel and bring back her leg grab.

why toning down her damage she does 400 for two bars that isnt broke. when you have character like kitana who does 300 dmg and its safe meeterless. im not crying about kitana im just saying stop complaining if its not broken