What's new

They're after our Sonya

Dedlock

Noob
I've come across alot of posts rabidly demanding Sonya get nerfed.

Specifically targeting her damage output, her overhead low mix up and her energy rings.

I'm dreading netherrealm guts her in the next patch because thats their answer for everything.

Hopefully the dont nerf her , I dont feel like she's overpowered/ broken in this game. Her strings are very predictable. Just one combo that launches. She has no variety in strings , lacking good normals and her jump is very awkward no dive kick.

If they do nerf her then they have to give us her military stance overhead khartwheel back to insert it into her strings and give us more options.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
People need to move away from this nerf train where they either just want top tier characters nerfed to bottom tier, or they're worried their top tier main will be useless if it gets adjusted a bit.

Some things -will- get adjusted, NRS knows what. We do not. Everyone has the right to their opinions.

Sonya is my second main and I think she's a bit too strong. Adjusting the damage scaling on the b123 seems already a good move towards the balance of the character.

I think that the only nerf which needs to be done is to get rid of the Krushing Blow on her energy rings. With it there, she is close range, mix up character who actually outzones all the zoners in the game. Give her a KB that works with her combo strings instead so that she can do some kool KB kombos like the other close range characters can and make her weaker against opponents who can keep her at a distance.

Byites

Wilson
Her damage output is too high. I don’t care if you main Sonya or not. You have to be fair and unbiased when you look at the game. Iv been playing her nonstop coming from kung Lao and I think she would still be one of the best in the game easily even if she got a damage nerf. I will always say buff the low tiers before you nerf the high tiers. But I’m not a game dev so I don’t see it from their perspective. Let the game rock as it if for now for a few tournaments. The game is only out a few weeks.

xSkeletonSmasherx69

NOBODY CAN TRULY DEFEAT ME
I am not sure how much damage she does, but what does Sonic Fox say? Does he want her to be nerfed? Then so be it! NERF. NERF. NERF. NERF.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
All she needs is adjusting to her damage output and her b1 startup.
Oh and decrease the startup of her fatal blow if they don't increase the characters who have slow fb startups.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
The idea that you can't zone Sonya because you can get hit by a KB if the amplified version connects by itself is nonsense
Block every mid projectile or get hit by it early on. Its not like that kb can be used more than once in a match.
I doubt they'll remove it. They may give it more requirements but i'm sure sonya players will start complaining about that kb is too hard to achieve if that does occur in a patch.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
First Sub/Scorpion downplaying, then Geras downplaying (lolz), now Sonya. Is there no depths you people will not go?

Then again, maybe it makes perfect sense for someone with elite level offensive tools, pressure, and damage to have the best and fastest projectile in the game that hits mid on second hit (Kitana's for example is two highs when AMP), has a high damage KB attached simply for landing an AMP solo (when zoners themselves don't have such easy requirements), can be done in the air with AMP Diagonal slant, borderline zero recovery (best recovery in the game), can be cancelled, can be used for combos, and can shut down zoners forcing them to rush her down for her to mix them.

Yes, yes, nothing needs to be adjusted at all. Zonya is fine.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Alright so I'm getting unexpected likes so I just want to clear up that I'm saying it's nonsense that people think you can't zone Sonya because of her KB.
You spoke the truth we were afraid to speak.

You made them hear the truth they were afraid to hear.

You made us all acknowledge a truth that, while scary, we needed to acknowledge.

You are being rewarded for your courage, my friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Alright so I'm getting unexpected likes so I just want to clear up that I'm saying it's nonsense that people think you can't zone Sonya because of her KB.
Edit that posts because it reads so differently lol.

Though that's not the reason why it's difficult for zoners to zone Sonya, it's just one of the many multiple reasons why it's stupid. Her godlike offense (which is expected of Sonya anyway) shouldn't be supplemented with the best projectile in the game. That's how you create imbalance.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Edit that posts because it reads so differently lol.

Though that's not the reason why it's difficult for zoners to zone Sonya, it's just one of the many multiple reasons why it's stupid. Her godlike offense (which is expected of Sonya anyway) shouldn't be supplemented with the best projectile in the game. That's how you create imbalance.
You saw what you wanted to see! :DOGE

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I mean bruh I’ve been a Sonya main since cherny was selling frame data -8 days before release. I told you people she was dumb but everyone wanted to cry about scorpion instead. Well guess what buddy she’s def DUMB AF and she’s my main. Boy. The damage needs a nerf. And she doesn’t need a 7f projectile (feels like it) it needs to be slower. Other than that she’s FINE.

Dedlock

Noob
Her amplified energy ring killing blow is the only killing blow she can consistently get, and you guys want to take that away?

From what I'm reading basically let me summarise,
Nerf her energy rings both normal and amplified , make its start up slower therefore destroying her ring cancels.

Make her amplified energy rings hit high ( it was a mid in mkx as well) and remove her killing blow!

Next you'd like her only mix up string which isn't safe by the way to be made slower. So her only viable combo becomes a liability.

Next you'd like a big damage nerf bringing her down from 35% to 25% .

Edit

Forgot they wanted the start up for her killing blow to be made slower!

I dont think she'll have anything left.

What else anything else you'd liked to be gutted?

Last edited: