What's new

They're after our Sonya

Ardul

Noob
Only characters that should see slight nerfs is maybe Geras and Erron Black. I don’t think they really need to be nerfed though. Just buff the lower tiers. Please please please do this. Otherwise it will just be lame tier shifting, then the next batch of characters will be complained about and the cycle will be an infinite that you can’t even breakaway from.
THIS.

kcd117

Noob
Honestly, her dmg is way too high but that’s not even the worst part about her.

Her projectile is hands down the best in the game rn, I think the only character who can trade and win against her is Kano and only from a certain range. It needs adjusting.

Her D3 is super cheap. Low profiles pokes, fast startup, spammable as hell etc... it should be at least -9 on block imo.

Sonya wavedashing is insane. I hope nrs removes this shit from the game entirely, if it is supposed to be a slower paced, neutral based, thinking man’s game I don’t see how giving players movement with 0 risk makes sense.

The thing about sonya is that she is dominant from far with her projectiles, and when you finally close the gap you realize she is even better up close with her normals, 50/50 and insane dmg.

If she is already able to keep a lot of characters out for the whole match imagine when her drone shots variation comes out.

kcd117

Noob
So you basically want to take take all of her tools away. Thanks for your contribution, there's the door pal.
God I wish a low profiling fast recovery D3 and godlike fireball was all she had. I would pay big money for this version of the game that you are playing where her only good tools are that.

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
in the corner her b1,4xxringxxb1,2,3 does leed to good damage but the combo is very very hard to do...the window is very tight, so i personally think that if u are among the few people that can do that combo U deserve your damage, period.. and don't forget if u are late on the cancel you get lunched too....

i got one guy today who did that ring combo in the corner. he always mixed me up with her launcher string, i had to guess if the 2nd hit would be low or overhead, if i guess wrong: 50%+ damage every time, even without FB. i couldve ducked the ring more but still it was pretty crazy. he never failed to connect the combo though.

Dedlock

Noob
i got one guy today who did that ring combo in the corner. he always mixed me up with her launcher string, i had to guess if the 2nd hit would be low or overhead, if i guess wrong: 50%+ damage every time, even without FB. i couldve ducked the ring more but still it was pretty crazy. he never failed to connect the combo though.
Ring cancelling is difficult to execute and wastes a bar of meter.

xSkeletonSmasherx69

NOBODY CAN TRULY DEFEAT ME
The ring cancels are fine. The damage is the real issue. 50% is so fucking huge. I saw a scorpion fatal blow combo do 60%, but that was with 2 bars. 1 bar for 50% is a lot. Can someone tell me if that is with a krushing blow or what?

Dedlock

Noob
The ring cancels are fine. The damage is the real issue. 50% is so fucking huge. I saw a scorpion fatal blow combo do 60%, but that was with 2 bars. 1 bar for 50% is a lot. Can someone tell me if that is with a krushing blow or what?
its two bars if you want 50%, ring cancelling takes one bar.

Agilaz

It has begun
All this complaining about Sonya when: Liu Kang is Better; Baraka is better; Jax is arguably better. This is the biggest non issue character in the supposed S tier. There are only 2 character in S tier and they're Geras and Erron Black. That's it.

Like Kang has a stupid ass 9 frame advancing mid that leads to a plus 4 frame advantage which in and of itself is a 50/50. You want broken? That's broken. What's broken about a -14 launcher that starts high? Shut the fuck up about Sonya and learn to block high you fucking morons.
Tough talk coming from somebody who doesnt know how to block fatal blows.

Anyway, the downplaying in this thread is kinda stupid. Tip: the more defensive you get about your character, the more it shows she needs to be looked at.

We have no idea when the first patch is gonna be and ppl already pushing agendas, smh

xKMMx

Banned
I am a Sonya main and I would be fine with a damage nerf. Her damage output is ridiculous.

Just hoping the damage is all they mess around with :)
Id have to agree. I bounce around the forums and almost every where I go people are crying about her 50/50's and the energy rings. I think they should leave her tools alone because they aren't unfair or imp[ossible to deal with. BUt taking her damage down a bit would level some things out.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I’m still not understanding the fundamental design choice by Paulo to give this incredible rushdown, mixup character one of the best projectiles in the game AND include an air version of it just to put the cherry on top of this Goddess of Fuckery.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Okay, so after learning how to play sonya properly she has extremely glaring issues.
Yes, she has high damage and yes she has good mixups but do you know what she doesn't have? A good fucking mid.
Sonya's best mids are f+4 which is 0 on hit and does nothing for her. f+3 which is 18 frames(it low crushes which is good and is + but you can't spend the whole timing doing just f+3) and b+2 which is so problematic.

Her b+2 string can be stuffed with the entire casts d+1 so she has to do b+2 into a mid special which are all punishable on block.
A lot of her REALLY good strings start off as a high literally you can be a prick and abare her all day upclose. She HAS to HIT you with d+1 to get her pressure started.

Also, i think her zoning could have a bit more recovery but her rushdown is fine.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
STOP THE DOWNPLAYING!

Sonya should not be the best zoner in the game, ESPECIALLY if she is already probably top 3 rushdown characters! And this is comping from someone who mains Sonya.

Her projectile should be toned down a bit, there’s no reason for her to outzone zoners, and the ring cancel mixups need to go.

She HAS to have a weakness to balance out the fact that she has INSANE rushdown, which can be fixed by making sure she doesn’t outzone zoners too.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Okay, so after learning how to play sonya properly she has extremely glaring issues.
Yes, she has high damage and yes she has good mixups but do you know what she doesn't have? A good fucking mid.
Sonya's best mids are f+4 which is 0 on hit and does nothing for her. f+3 which is 18 frames(it low crushes which is good and is + but you can't spend the whole timing doing just f+3) and b+2 which is so problematic.

Her b+2 string can be stuffed with the entire casts d+1 so she has to do b+2 into a mid special which are all punishable on block.
A lot of her REALLY good strings start off as a high literally you can be a prick and abare her all day upclose. She HAS to HIT you with d+1 to get her pressure started.

Also, i think her zoning could have a bit more recovery but her rushdown is fine.
I don’t really mind her weakness being her weak mids, especially considering her great D3. It does get infuriating though lol

EDIT: just a tip, I always input the rest of the F4 string, because it doesn’t come out on block, and if the opponent does not block, you get a good chunk of damage!

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I don’t really mind her weakness being her weak mids, especially considering her great D3. It does get infuriating though lol

EDIT: just a tip, I always input the rest of the F4 string, because it doesn’t come out on block, and if the opponent does not block, you get a good chunk of damage!
You're right about f+4 but it's essentially 0 on block and she doesn't get anything, That's the point i'm trying to make and even using hop as a reversal is strong against her because her better buttons are d+3/d+4. I'm just saying she has issues and she shouldnt' get destroyed because of them.

Dedlock

Noob
Being "hard to do" isn't an excuse for a character to keep their bullshit.
The game should be balanced at the highest level, and any high level player will do her corner combo consistently. Doesn't make her balanced if your regular online potato opponent can't perform her combos.
Ok then everybody should at a maximum be capped at 25% , regardless of how much execution the combo requires.

What applies to one applies to all.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Ok then everybody should at a maximum be capped at 25% , regardless of how much execution the combo requires.

What applies to one applies to all.
Nope, you're not even making sense.
Games should be balanced around the highest level, that's all.
If you want to be rewarded with an OP character for having good execution, you're in the wrong.
A pro player will be able to pull her high execution combos no sweat. If you think it's a problem that she can't be OP for being harder than the average character, either get better at the game or go play something easier.

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
Nope, you're not even making sense.
Games should be balanced around the highest level, that's all.
If you want to be rewarded with an OP character for having good execution, you're in the wrong.
A pro player will be able to pull her high execution combos no sweat. If you think it's a problem that she can't be OP for being harder than the average character, either get better at the game or go play something easier.
Dude i respect what you'r staying..the problem is i played nearly a thousand matches with sonya and i never dropped that corner combo BUT sonya Is shit at keeping someone cornered...
She DOESN'T have any good advancing mid or low except for her b3 Witch Is not scary at all really...her F3 doesnt have so much range and she doesnt have any cancel on hit...on top of that she sucks dealing with get ups, and Guess what? F3 on hit knocks the opponent down..
F4? again, not so good, It's not oppressive and DOESN'T help her game that much..
U HAVE to get in with sonya and even if u close the gap, they can Just mash d1 or any fast poke and stuff pretty much everything u do..
Just because She has damage in theory DOESN'T mean She Will be able to use it in every match or every time she puts u in the corner.. i've won so many matches and never even seen a corner at all...
By now people know all they need to do Is spam a poke and stay away from the corner to win aginst her....
fighting against someone who zones her out Is a pain and so Is fighting against someone with a good advancing staggerable string....
U are focusing on Just a small part of her game Plan not cosidering so many other things.. PEOPLE, GO PLAY SONYA A WEEK PLEASE THEN COME BACK IN HERE AND TALK WITH SOME EXPERIENCE PLEASE...THANK YOU

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Almost 400dmg meterless midscreen..... that has to be adjusted imo

And not having any really good mid doesn’t make her weak. Every character needs a weakness and that’s hers (and she is not alone on that front).

Her mixup is godlike, her projectile is godlike, she has a really good anti air that krushing blows for crazy damage, she has her ring KB that also does huge damage.