What's new

They Don't Call Me The Main Man For Nothing! - The Lobo General Discussion Thread.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Who here considers themselves a Lobo loyalist? My clan mates play very solid Lobos, but they're not loyalists to the character.

I need to grind this MU with the best. Someone who mains LOBO and understands the character like no other. Who would that be?

Whoever you are...I'm calling out to you...desperately. Add NRF_Rude on PSN. Will play long sets. Will use headset if necessary.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Who here considers themselves a Lobo loyalist? My clan mates play very solid Lobos, but they're not loyalists to the character.

I need to grind this MU with the best. Someone who mains LOBO and understands the character like no other. Who would that be?

Whoever you are...I'm calling out to you...desperately. Add NRF_Rude on PSN. Will play long sets. Will use headset if necessary.

I'll send you an add when I get on.
PSN is DarrienEven

Might not be on later tonight though.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Fantastic. I'm a patient man. We'll find time when we find time.

drywall

Noob
Is it known that batman can parry hook charge?

I've been using high pump shots as an anti air but it isn't reliable in some situations.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Is it known that batman can parry hook charge?

I've been using high pump shots as an anti air but it isn't reliable in some situations.
Yea, parry is ridiculous. a distanced low Space Hook stops Batty's wake up options. Close, f+3 covers everything and of course, b+1 beats the parry, but not the slide. Hell, I've Czar tossed him out of a wake up slide kick. Not on purpose, though.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
How do I do more than 20% with every string starting with 1 whiffing and without throwing out naked Czar Toss's???
21~low shot/2~low shot mixup, 3~hook charge/3~low chain, 12~toss/21~toss/1~toss/2~toss tick throw setups, pre emptive j1 air to air, mb pump shot... just a few things. When you hit with a d1, you get enrough advantage to go for b1 or 2.

Last edited:
Superman poked me out of a tick throw... We traded, so is this possible or is my eyes lying to me?

(I tried the D1~ Toss, I wanna know if you can get poked out of other tick throws)

thatgoon24

Morphio24
21~low shot/2~low shot mixup, 3~hook charge/3~low chain, 12~toss/21~toss/1~toss/2~toss tick throw setups, pre emptive j1 air to air, mb pump shot... just a few things. When you hit with a d1, you get enrough advantage to go for b1 or 2.
3 hookcharge/low chain is less than 15%, 12 toss, 1 whiffs and I get poked out, 21-toss i get like 10% of the time cause no one blocks the overhead, toss whiffs and i get punished, 1-toss 1 whiffs, what are 2~toss throw setups? How are you getting +19 frames from a d1 to not get poked out of the 25 frame b2 overhead?

3 hookcharge/low chain is less than 15%, 12 toss, 1 whiffs and I get poked out, 21-toss i get like 10% of the time cause no one blocks the overhead, toss whiffs and i get punished, 1-toss 1 whiffs, what are 2~toss throw setups? How are you getting +19 frames from a d1 to not get poked out of the 25 frame b2 overhead?
he said that if you land a D1, you can get a B1 or a standing 2.

Standing 2 on block leads into many options; you can do 2 xx hook charge MB for an overhead option that lets you remain at + and if it hits, sets up your oki game. 2 xx trait low shot for a low that leads into a full combo (it's punishable though). And 2 xx Czar Toss, which leads to another full combo if you have the bar to spend. Then, when the opponent is used to these mix-ups, you use 21. Your mix-up goes from mid~low/overhead/grab to mid~overhead/low/overhead/grab. As for 12, I go for this when the opponent whiffs something from a distance and I have enough time to at least pressure them after their recovery.

Tick throws are mainly used when you've gotten the opponent scared of your mix-up options from 2 xx overhead or low or 21 xx overhead or low. They aren't your primary pressure options.

He didn't say D1 has enough advantage for B2. To be honest, big damage doesn't even matter, just condition your opponent on knockdown then go for meaty toss. 2~toss is a tick throw that works like the other ones. Nuke shells let you extend 21/2~Low shot, and you always have the option to hook charge. Y'know you can use your mix ups and not try to go for unconditioned tosses.

You shouldn't be complaining about anything.

thatgoon24

Morphio24
he said that if you land a D1, you can get a B1 or a standing 2.

Standing 2 on block leads into many options; you can do 2 xx hook charge MB for an overhead option that lets you remain at + and if it hits, sets up your oki game. 2 xx trait low shot for a low that leads into a full combo (it's punishable though). And 2 xx Czar Toss, which leads to another full combo if you have the bar to spend. Then, when the opponent is used to these mix-ups, you use 21. Your mix-up goes from mid~low/overhead/grab to mid~overhead/low/overhead/grab. As for 12, I go for this when the opponent whiffs something from a distance and I have enough time to at least pressure them after their recovery.

Tick throws are mainly used when you've gotten the opponent scared of your mix-up options from 2 xx overhead or low or 21 xx overhead or low. They aren't your primary pressure options.
Ohhh standing 2 alright. 2 xx Czar Toss only works on block? This all sounds good but 2 is 12 frames so how do I punish for big damage?

Ohhh standing 2 alright. 2 xx Czar Toss only works on block? This all sounds good but 2 is 12 frames so how do I punish for big damage?
Yes, 2 xx Toss is a tick throw string, like 12 xx Toss. If you want a fast string that leads to a full combo, your best options are 113 and D1 xx trait low shot. Standing 1 starts up at 7 frames, D1 at 6. There's also b12 xx MB B3 (which does a TON of damage if you have trait shells), with B1 starting at around 9 frames.

thatgoon24

Morphio24
He didn't say D1 has enough advantage for B2. To be honest, big damage doesn't even matter, just condition your opponent on knockdown then go for meaty toss. 2~toss is a tick throw that works like the other ones. Nuke shells let you extend 21/2~Low shot, and you always have the option to hook charge. Y'know you can use your mix ups and not try to go for unconditioned tosses.

You shouldn't be complaining about anything.
Ughhhhh its not complaining. Im asking how I can fix the problems im having with Lobo.