What's new

They Don't Call Me The Main Man For Nothing! - The Lobo General Discussion Thread.

Hook Charge's traveling distance is pretty identical to the range of trait pump shot. And there's no way in hell someone would let you just charge from any further and attempt to do something like Blanka Ball, whenever it's happened to me, i get bopped for not spacing my charge right.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
It does, but the timing is kinda weird. It is viable, though.
I think it's only at the beginning of a roll that he duck's highs. You'd have to time it just right to roll under something.
Mind you, I have had bullshit where I went to roll under batman's grappling hook, and I swear to shit it locked on and went downwards similar to the way it hits you in the air. Know what I mean?

Flagg

Noob
The biggest thing with lobo by far is being able to cancel his normals into czar toss. You can get big damage from b3 as well but usually requiring nuke shells and sometimes two bars.

I've started using him on a stick lately and some stuff is easier and also harder using a stick over a pad.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
The biggest thing with lobo by far is being able to cancel his normals into czar toss. You can get big damage from b3 as well but usually requiring nuke shells and sometimes two bars.

I've started using him on a stick lately and some stuff is easier and also harder using a stick over a pad.
Awh dude. I think I played you on XBL a couple of days ago :v
I think you sent me a message along the lines of "Battle of the 'Bos."
And I was all "Damn right."

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

Yeah definitely. D1~toss is god like. Wanna block my d1? Oh thanks for the 39%.

I was playing a few games online and found out that we now have a new meaty setup lol. End your combos with 21 xx trait load into immediate mb pump shot. They have to eat that 7% chip or get 28% done to them.

Can they not wake up and be invincible?

I'm away from my console atm, but they'll most likely wake up through the first shot and get hit by the second. I wouldn't go for it on characters with wakeups that hit from a distance/travel far like Cat Dash, Walking Corpse, or Zod Charge. I'll have to lab up the setup and see who can/can't deal with it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I was playing a few games online and found out that we now have a new meaty setup lol. End your combos with 21 xx trait load into immediate mb pump shot. They have to eat that 7% chip or get 28% done to them.
21 xx MB pump shot jails standing on block

Lobo's such a dirty bastard ;_;

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
I find it funny that you can do f21xxdf1MB. The initial combo shows him hit his opponent with the stock & then shoot him at point-blank range, but then you can cancel into his pump shot & MB it to fire it 2 more times. You're getting 3 shots out of a double-barreled shotgun! ;)

Reactions: RYX

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Why do you guys end your combos with 21 xx...
if you have a fresh reload (2 in the chamber) then end with F21 xx DB2 to use all the nuke shots.
If you don't have any loaded, it still does the same as ending with 21 xx...

J2, B2U1, 113 xx MB Toss, F21 xx DB2 53%

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
Personally, I like to do this following combo because it's relatively easy to land & gets you meaty damage (36%, I think):

0. 4 (Nuclear Shells)*
1. MB b3 (One-Shot)
2. ji2 (Space Kick)
3. 21 (Skull Rider)
4. xx (Special Move Combo Cancel)
5. db2 (Space Hook)

* = Not an actual part of the combo; it's only necessary to maximize damage output for the attack.

Why do you guys end your combos with 21 xx...

We're talking about ending in 21 xx trait load into MB Pump Shot because the pump shot ends up hitting the opponent meaty, dealing 7% chip damage. It's good, since it's semi guaranteed chip (they can wakeup through the first shot, and if they have a reversal that reaches far enough, it will hit you out of it. Otherwise, the first shot will go through the opponent and the second will hit them).

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Are pump shot meaties worth the meter?
I usually just save it for MB hook charge since it has armor and + on block

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Cage Redfield

is there a way to set up the same cross-up/non-cross up situation with Lobo without using meter?

because even d.1~hook charge requires meter for it ;_;

Are pump shot meaties worth the meter?
I usually just save it for MB hook charge since it has armor and + on block

I believe they're worth it, since you're only sacrificing a few extra %'s for trait loading instead of ending the combo, forcing the opponent to deal with a setup that does 7% chip - 28% or 16% (if they wakeup through the shot) if they try to reversal or just get hit by the shot for whatever reason. It's character specific, but this is really good to have if they don't expect it/don't have a wakeup that can stop you from shooting them.