What's new

The Zoning Academy (Mortal Kombat X Edition)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What if NRS just made kp2 decent for us zoners, for people to buy them. Then nerf them to the ground ?
It would simply be an expected move. Nerfs to Pretty Lady, Acidic, and more nerfs to Sektor, but then Cyrax, Killer LF, Butcher LF, Tarkatan Alien get buffs. :DOGE

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Also just a notice, EX Spray in Acidic is definitely not +9 on block. We've been testing it point blank range and slight off range against Cassie regular Flip, EX Reptile Slide, regular Reptile Dash, etc, and it's more like +2-4 at best.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
btw anyone knows if there will be more patches ? Maybe they said smth on kombat cast ?
There probably will be some extra patches for some final adjustments to the game, probably make zoning useless, buff rushdown, and change literally nothing to lasher, at first I was okay with no changes to lasher, but now I'm getting worried. Since if he is left unchanged then he could get left behind and have green lantern/raven syndrome

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
There probably will be some extra patches for some final adjustments to the game, probably make zoning useless, buff rushdown, and change literally nothing to lasher, at first I was okay with no changes to lasher, but now I'm getting worried. Since if he is left unchanged then he could get left behind and have green lantern/raven syndrome
Lantern has a number of bad matchups, what are you talking about.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Lantern has a number of bad matchups, what are you talking about.
I'm talking about how he was very very good at the beginning, but as patches came out, and new characters came out, be got more and more outclassed and got nerfs through other people getting buffed. While everyone else was getting stronger, he remained the same and by the end of injustices life cycle there wasn't much reason to use him

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm talking about how he was very very good at the beginning, but as patches came out, and new characters came out, be got more and more outclassed and got nerfs through other people getting buffed. While everyone else was getting stronger, he remained the same and by the end of injustices life cycle there wasn't much reason to use him
You mean like, exactly what I said about Cyber Kano in May? :coffee:

Sektors zoning is soo strong , Normal missile is +33 on hit which grantees an up rocket which pretty much gives another missile and ex up rocket (homing missile) shuts down there options making them block , also it stops jumping aswell and his backdash is super good too.

Top 5 zoners imo

Acidic
-Can keep you out with +6(on hit) projectiles that do DOT.
-The Exdb2 is +9(on block) and sprays even more acid.
-I am yet to find a use for the IAdb2 because I feel it doesn't do a better job then db2 normally.
-Up3 makes it hard for the opponent to jump as well as db4 stopping runs.

Pretty Lady
- 8% projectiles.
-They have decent recovery and extremely hard to jump.
-The db3 is a bit shit for it takes a year to recover
-IAFB is shit (Do not use unless hard read) because it whiffs not matter what. It doesn't force a duck.
-db3(airborne) is really good!!
-I think bf2 and db3(airborne) control the most space with the occasional db3

HQT
-Good recovery
-decent damage
-read other posts

Summoner
-YAS
-after nerfs i think he has got worse in terms of zoning
-Stll decent. Read other posts

Pyromancer
-Perfect state
-Great fireballs
-read other posts

I agree that zoning is hated by all (including NRS). I do not advice it completely and its best to rushdown and 50/50 people to death . Escape when you can. Don't get too comfortable with the current state of zoning. I guarantee it will get nerfed
Actually summoners zoning is better now with the mindgames with delayed ex rune and in general ex rune still has enough block stun on block to give you another free rune
I'd pit him at no.2

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Sektors zoning is soo strong , Normal missile is +33 on hit which grantees an up rocket which pretty much gives another missile and ex up rocket (homing missile) shuts down there options making them block , also it stops jumping aswell and his backdash is super good too.
They can run, teleport, backdash, etc after rocket hits before UpRocket lands. They don't have to respect it.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Normally, I don't zone. Never have. Though I do and always have respected the playstyle, and have always defended it. And then, yesterday, there was this zoner I met. He has a suit. A skin mask. Makeup. A chainsaw. And he throws the fucking chainsaw. Never more have I seen more salt online. Never more have I gotten such easy wins and people calling me scrubs. A guy can get used to this.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Nope they can't run depending on where they're in the screen also Keep in mind that up rocket tracks
What? Lol. They can run at all times. Test it yourself. Put the cpu as Sektor, do Straight Rocket into UpMissile, Run on WU. You can Run, Teleport, Backdash, etc easily. It's not even hard and does not depend on distance.

What? Lol. They can run at all times. Test it yourself. Put the cpu as Sektor, do Straight Rocket into UpMissile, Run on WU. You can Run, Teleport, Backdash, etc easily. It's not even hard and does not depend on distance.
Do it full screen , hit them with rocket then do up rocket and they have to take it.

I hope you're not confusing with rocket on BLOCK I'm strictly talking about normal missile ON HIT

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Do it full screen , hit them with rocket then do up rocket and they have to take it.

I hope you're not confusing with rocket on BLOCK I'm strictly talking about normal missile ON HIT
You're running to slow. I can run even with F/T. A simple way of seeing it is set Scorpion to WU teleport. He will Tele before UpMissile lands because it isn't a jail.

You're running to slow. I can run even with F/T. A simple way of seeing it is set Scorpion to WU teleport. He will Tele before UpMissile lands because it isn't a jail.
My bad , but you can still hit them midway through there run cuz you can control where they drop

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
My bad , but you can still hit them midway through there run cuz you can control where they drop
Yea you have to make a read and they do too. If you think they'll run place it in front and full combo, if you think they'll projectile or stand place it on top, stuff like that. It's still really good. One of the best trade projectiles in the game too lol.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Im starting to think that pretty lady have better zoning than alien . Alien is better as a character overall .

gibster13

A fan of fans
Top 7 zoners IMO
UPDATED (not in order)

Acidic
-I am yet to find a use for the IAdb2 because I feel it doesn't do a better job then db2 normally.

Pretty Lady
- 8% projectiles.
-IAFB is shit (Do not use unless hardread) because it whiffs not matter what. It doesn't force a duck.

HQT
-Good recovery
-decent damage
-read other posts

Summoner
-YAS

Pyromancer
-Perfect state
-Great fireballs 7%
-read other posts

Mileena
-IAS are insane and at some space lead to a full covert 6%
-sai have food recovery and decent hit box 6%
-low have quick start up and a strange hit box 6%
-rolls
-*ethereal* can Tele back making her hard to catch

Sektor
-straight rocket is quick even after the nerfs 8%
-up rockets have insane hit stun at +40 6%
-ex straight rocket covers a ton of space
-ex up rockets track for days !!

I agree that zoning is hated by all (including NRS). I do not advice it completely and its best to rushdown and 50/50 people to death . Escape when you can. Don't get too comfortable with the current state of zoning. I guarantee it will get nerfed

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Top 7 zoners IMO
UPDATED (not in order)

Acidic

Pretty Lady
- 8% projectiles.
-IAFB is shit (Do not use unless hardread) because it whiffs not matter what. It doesn't force a duck.

HQT
-Good recovery
-decent damage
-read other posts

Summoner
-YAS

Pyromancer
-Perfect state
-Great fireballs 7%
-read other posts

Mileena
-IAS are insane and at some space lead to a full covert 6%
-sai have food recovery and decent hit box 6%
-low have quick start up and a strange hit box 6%
-rolls
-*ethereal* can Tele back making her hard to catch

Sektor
-straight rocket is quick even after the nerfs 8%
-up rockets have insane hit stun at +40 6%
-ex straight rocket covers a ton of space
-ex up rockets track for days !!

Hide these posts so scrubs cannot ruin them

gibster13

A fan of fans
Hide these posts so scrubs cannot ruin them
True but if they get nerfed, they get nerfed. It is inevitable unfortunately. I think only acidic will be touched because some ppl think Sektor is bad and other think pretty lady is even worse. One can only hope ;-;