What's new

The Zoning Academy (Mortal Kombat X Edition)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't think Balanced is that bad anymore. He's not top tier or anything but I think he is allowed to play now. Kenshi has some pretty decent normals, push is good, ex push is fucking dank, slash is alright, teleflurry is buns but is a great combo ender and not a bad thing for distance whiff punishes or to throw out every once in a while, stamina changes are massive for him, he can kind of get off the ground for free, he hits like a truck, ex rk losing armor sucks but a safe launcher with decent range is another thing for an opponent to think about when they want to get in your shit.

Idk as weird as it may seem because of how bad he was before, he might actually be pretty good now... I'm gonna play some Balanced for a week or so before moving back to my main if I don't like him.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
...and Kitana best footies based zoner.
You might be right. F2 has great range now -- better than Mileena's b12 even. Lift in Royal Storm has always been a great tool, and with the reduced recovery on butt on whiff, it's a decent escape method now. Not MK9 good, but still better than pre-patch. Her damage was untouched while others were hit pretty hard on top of Mournful getting a glaive damage increase.

She's looking really good right now. :)

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I don't think Balanced is that bad anymore. He's not top tier or anything but I think he is allowed to play now. Kenshi has some pretty decent normals, push is good, ex push is fucking dank, slash is alright, teleflurry is buns but is a great combo ender and not a bad thing for distance whiff punishes or to throw out every once in a while, stamina changes are massive for him, he can kind of get off the ground for free, he hits like a truck, ex rk losing armor sucks but a safe launcher with decent range is another thing for an opponent to think about when they want to get in your shit.

Idk as weird as it may seem because of how bad he was before, he might actually be pretty good now... I'm gonna play some Balanced for a week or so before moving back to my main if I don't like him.
It has started...

https://twitter.com/EGPWonderChef/status/783409908649603072

thlityoursloat

kick kick
They could've just fixed his main issues (TF recovery, OH slash hit advantage) instead of try to smother those issues with pure QoL buffs... but whatever, time will tell.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Yep, he's hopeless without EX rising karma. His s1 is better but it doesn't regulate every jump in consistently like EX rising karma.
Move along, folks, I'm going back to Tremor, he's got some sick buffs.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
We must summon @Pig Of The Hut. What are your early thoughts on Kenshi?

By the way, I believe Crystalline has become worse, but Aftershock has become better.

I will announce my new main and the best zoning character of the game after further testing.
With the new meta of the game im beginning to think Metallic is really good

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Kenshi's weird lol. I have no idea what to think. EX BF2 with multiple hits of armor is now a real solid get-off-me move however I had to resist every temptation to ex rising karma, losing that reliable AA definitely hurt him. EX OH slash didn't do much imo, only decent for ending rounds. Overall I think people that are interested in picking up Kenshi should be patient and wait a bit to see how he really is. He's overall place in the hierarchy of MKX is murky right now (perhaps more than any other character) and it'll take a bit to see how good or bad he is.