What's new

The Zoning Academy (Mortal Kombat X Edition)

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Has the state of zoning improved at all in MKXL?
Nothing big as of yet,

Acidic and Sektor are looking great tbqh.

Recently spent more time playing Mileena after Tremor's nerfs, I'm in love with her :p

NHDR

Noob
Just curious. What happened to Jacqui as a good zoner? Her projectile has good chip and her walkspeed is fast. What am I missing?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just curious. What happened to Jacqui as a good zoner? Her projectile has good chip and her walkspeed is fast. What am I missing?
The fact that anyone can get in on her relatively easy. Jacqui was never a good projectile zoner. Her gun is used more as a counter poke tool. You never have to eat machine gun chip because you can neutral duck it. Very few projectile trades are in jacqui's favour.

Her walk speed is great, but she lacks the range and speed on her normals to effectively play footsies against half the cast.

Her up close frame traps, pressure and damage are what makes her ok.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
With patch notes and no prior playtime, just literally the best on paper, who is looking like the strongest in the game?
Mournful?
Piercing?
Pyro?
Cybernetic?

Lokheit

Noob
With patch notes and no prior playtime, just literally the best on paper, who is looking like the strongest in the game?
Mournful?
Piercing?
Pyro?
Cybernetic?
Sektor got less recovery, more blockstun and more pushback on his regular rockets and he was already decent, I'd add him to the conversation.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah? I could see that. The whole meta with HQT was read a low laser and run in. Nerfs to stamina might benefit him more than a few other zoners.
Balanced might actually be pretty good. Teleflurry is pretty fast and it knocks back far and will take away a runner's stamina. The whiff recovery is still bad, but slash and push are pretty good now.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I think Quan and pyro are the best

Quan
Has always been a good zoner but the old meta didn't suit him. With puggles it's easy to stop any form of run

Pyro
Doesn't 8% on fireballs and her tele has also been buffed

Hqt
Speed is insane

Not satisfied with balanced kenshi. I still think being -43 on whiff is too much (bf3)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think Quan and pyro are the best

Quan
Has always been a good zoner but the old meta didn't suit him. With puggles it's easy to stop any form of run

Pyro
Doesn't 8% on fireballs and her tele has also been buffed

Hqt
Speed is insane

Not satisfied with balanced kenshi. I still think being -43 on whiff is too much (bf3)
I thought Pyro had much bigger problems that a slight damage buff can't cover? What makes you think she'd be a top tier zoner now?

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Yes Pyro Pro is godlike now. She will be counter picked by Royal Storm EVERY TIME. With the changes to Kitana I'd call HQT best zoner, Sektor best counter zoner, and Kitana best footies based zoner.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I thought Pyro had much bigger problems that a slight damage buff can't cover? What makes you think she'd be a top tier zoner now?
The damage on her fireballs is a lot more substantial than at first glance.

Full screen she is at dominance, as well as her buffed tele recovery quite noticeably quicker (around 5f)

She can be countered probs by sektor.

Her air fireball makes it simple to just jump over the opponents fireballs

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The damage on her fireballs is a lot more substantial than at first glance.

Full screen she is at dominance, as well as her buffed tele recovery quite noticeably quicker (around 5f)

She can be countered probs by sektor.

Her air fireball makes it simple to just jump over the opponents fireballs
I hear ya lol, but I respectfully disagree.