What's new

The Worst Match ups for Kenshi thread!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Smoke definitely gives Kenshi problems from my experience as a Smoke player, especially once Smoke gets in and his smoke bomb is a good trade off :) and Scorp gives Kenshi LOTS of issues lol. I love using him against annoying Kenshi's

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
You must get beat by Smoke a lot.....

Sorry to tell you this but Smoke requires skill to play. His combos are easily blocked and his teleport is punishable by full combo. If you are not actively aware of your matchup and what they are capable of throwing out you lose. Just because someone plays Smoke, in NO way does that equal VERY rewarding win. I feel there is some bitterness because of matchup issues you personally have with Smoke, but don't insult the Smoke players out there that actually PLAY Smoke.

(sorry to be rude)
HAAH! u seriously made me laugh. There's nothing wrong in saying my opinion especially when it's not directed to u. Especially this insult part, and the way ur tryin to act as if ur mucho and imitating my style. Like seriously, insult? what are u 18? ....cry me a river it's a freakin game, and get over it! SMoke doesnt require a single skill to master, if u gonna keep on defending cause that's the only char u win with, then it's ur problem! hence in that case, Smoke stand still as a very easy rewarding char.

And now you entered into ur own trap...SMoke Combos are easily block? seriously :S do u even know the frame and hit advantages he has on his combos? or are u just saying any retarded theory? and WOW his teleport is punishable by full combos? are u that fail to do non whiffed safe teleports?

Apparently , those two stupid comments u posted proves that u play smoke blindly with the same tactic over and over...and actually this is smoke, nothing against you,everybody do the same. Which also prove that he's very rewarding and cake to master.

-His TC are very rewarding were u can Massively pressure. a char with bad Point blank AA can do anything when pressured with jump punch into his 3,d+1,2.
Smoke can even poke after wards, and the only escape are 2-3 frame inputs like njp ...AND THAT if u didnt jump kick throw or jump kick teleport after! so it's a complete advantage.

-His pokes are one of the fastest in the game

-Your saying that he doesn't have mix ups? he doesnt require!! in pressure against someone like kenshi, reptile, Sheeva...etc you can do GOD LIKE pressure in close with simple those three : 3,d+1,2 / a SIMPLE SWEEP / b+2,3. For god sake, the mind game of Sweep and wait for opponent to bait fail wake ups or rolls is VERY insane! u can simply med b+2,3 which stuffs some moves, or Teleport to safety .... like my god b+2,3~ whiff teleport for faster aggresive pressure by itself is Simple and VERY REWARDING in a lot of situations and against a lot of chars! so seriously , a char that have 2 main Target combos with one of the Best rewards and advantage on Hit and block!

-If opponent blocked teleport, then seriously ur an idiot for spamming it in the wrong time....and in that case u deserve it to be punished with full combos. Beside that, Teleport has COMPLETE + frame advantage on whiffing! makes him even more aggressive in offensive, the change of sides to cancel the input directions as well as follow up Pressure...for god sake, the bug/glitch/trap exploit were opponent roll away after knock down and smoke teleport whiff is HORRIBLE. it's the best thing ever for smoke, he completely nulls opponent moves on wake up and give smoke full advantage .... so seriously :S

-You cannot projectile game with SMoke due to teleport, Shake and smoke bombs....hence against chars like rep, kenshi...etc Smoke is upperhand period at both CLOSE RANGE and max range

-Instant Air teleport is AMAZING. it's one of the best frame traps in the game for wait and bait! it's so hard to catch smoke due to fast recovery as well smoke can have upper hand in baiting Moves, combos or even stuff to counter with ground shake.....smoke have like TONS of options after that, like OMG it's cake and bs.

-Last but not least. Tell me....wut other TACTIC/strategy do u use beside, getting in on opponent, 3,d+1,2 pressure...more pressure, quick air control with k/p~ teleport......1 hti smoke bomb connects for an easy 40% combo WITHOUT A SINGLE METER USAGE
like tell me, what other stuff u do? throw in pressure? mind game a little with sweep, b+2,3~ bomb, or AGAIN his regular Tc's?
Smoke has nothing beside this....like seriously, a brain dead zombie can play smoke and win.

Beside the fact that smoke as well as other chars (like Kung, raiden) are REALLY rewarding online, due to their fast frame inputs and the hardness of the ability to react to those online.....smoke in nature is one of the best! a diffenate tier whore from the top class. Smoke bad matchups are seriously SO FEW compared to other chars....so rewarding to learn 1 or 2 tactics and become one of the top chars in my opinion :S
to conclude, SMoke excel at max range, Amazing pressure game, Amazing Air control, Good mind games and finally traps and set ups with whiff teleport for constant momentum flow.

Have i been beaten by a lot of smokes? pfft, ofcourse....and they were all professional ones as well, online or offline. though, trust me...dont think ur the shit and act/reply as if ur on behalf of all other smokes...trust me, ur no match for my experience. Also, i main smoke :S ?

so before u reply next time, learn your char first...know what ur talking about PRECISELY , and then act....not those childish "I just wanna reply" Things....and seriously, insult?

(Am srry if i was rude....as well as i dont care bout u nor ur replies ) so dont bother replying cause am not gonna waste my time on useless Non experienced fighting game talks.

SZSR

Noob
You don't know what you are talking about,you can easily beat noobs at Mk using Smoke and using mediocre Smoke tactics, but experienced users know what Smoke can do, and know exactly when and how to punish an aggressive Smoke. If it wasn't for Shake and :en Shake, i'd get bodied every day by amazing Liu Kangs, Raidens, Kung Laos, Kabals and Reptiles.

Kenshi isn't great against Smoke because of his Teleport Punch but if you took that out, Smoke would definitely have problems getting in to crossup Kenshi in the first place.

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
HAAH! u seriously made me laugh. There's nothing wrong in saying my opinion especially when it's not directed to u. Especially this insult part, and the way ur tryin to act as if ur mucho and imitating my style. Like seriously, insult? what are u 18? ....cry me a river it's a freakin game, and get over it! SMoke doesnt require a single skill to master, if u gonna keep on defending cause that's the only char u win with, then it's ur problem! hence in that case, Smoke stand still as a very easy rewarding char.

And now you entered into ur own trap...SMoke Combos are easily block? seriously :S do u even know the frame and hit advantages he has on his combos? or are u just saying any retarded theory? and WOW his teleport is punishable by full combos? are u that fail to do non whiffed safe teleports?

Apparently , those two stupid comments u posted proves that u play smoke blindly with the same tactic over and over...and actually this is smoke, nothing against you,everybody do the same. Which also prove that he's very rewarding and cake to master.

-His TC are very rewarding were u can Massively pressure. a char with bad Point blank AA can do anything when pressured with jump punch into his 3,d+1,2.
Smoke can even poke after wards, and the only escape are 2-3 frame inputs like njp ...AND THAT if u didnt jump kick throw or jump kick teleport after! so it's a complete advantage.

-His pokes are one of the fastest in the game

-Your saying that he doesn't have mix ups? he doesnt require!! in pressure against someone like kenshi, reptile, Sheeva...etc you can do GOD LIKE pressure in close with simple those three : 3,d+1,2 / a SIMPLE SWEEP / b+2,3. For god sake, the mind game of Sweep and wait for opponent to bait fail wake ups or rolls is VERY insane! u can simply med b+2,3 which stuffs some moves, or Teleport to safety .... like my god b+2,3~ whiff teleport for faster aggresive pressure by itself is Simple and VERY REWARDING in a lot of situations and against a lot of chars! so seriously , a char that have 2 main Target combos with one of the Best rewards and advantage on Hit and block!

-If opponent blocked teleport, then seriously ur an idiot for spamming it in the wrong time....and in that case u deserve it to be punished with full combos. Beside that, Teleport has COMPLETE + frame advantage on whiffing! makes him even more aggressive in offensive, the change of sides to cancel the input directions as well as follow up Pressure...for god sake, the bug/glitch/trap exploit were opponent roll away after knock down and smoke teleport whiff is HORRIBLE. it's the best thing ever for smoke, he completely nulls opponent moves on wake up and give smoke full advantage .... so seriously :S

-You cannot projectile game with SMoke due to teleport, Shake and smoke bombs....hence against chars like rep, kenshi...etc Smoke is upperhand period at both CLOSE RANGE and max range

-Instant Air teleport is AMAZING. it's one of the best frame traps in the game for wait and bait! it's so hard to catch smoke due to fast recovery as well smoke can have upper hand in baiting Moves, combos or even stuff to counter with ground shake.....smoke have like TONS of options after that, like OMG it's cake and bs.

-Last but not least. Tell me....wut other TACTIC/strategy do u use beside, getting in on opponent, 3,d+1,2 pressure...more pressure, quick air control with k/p~ teleport......1 hti smoke bomb connects for an easy 40% combo WITHOUT A SINGLE METER USAGE
like tell me, what other stuff u do? throw in pressure? mind game a little with sweep, b+2,3~ bomb, or AGAIN his regular Tc's?
Smoke has nothing beside this....like seriously, a brain dead zombie can play smoke and win.

Beside the fact that smoke as well as other chars (like Kung, raiden) are REALLY rewarding online, due to their fast frame inputs and the hardness of the ability to react to those online.....smoke in nature is one of the best! a diffenate tier whore from the top class. Smoke bad matchups are seriously SO FEW compared to other chars....so rewarding to learn 1 or 2 tactics and become one of the top chars in my opinion :S
to conclude, SMoke excel at max range, Amazing pressure game, Amazing Air control, Good mind games and finally traps and set ups with whiff teleport for constant momentum flow.

Have i been beaten by a lot of smokes? pfft, ofcourse....and they were all professional ones as well, online or offline. though, trust me...dont think ur the shit and act/reply as if ur on behalf of all other smokes...trust me, ur no match for my experience. Also, i main smoke :S ?

so before u reply next time, learn your char first...know what ur talking about PRECISELY , and then act....not those childish "I just wanna reply" Things....and seriously, insult?

(Am srry if i was rude....as well as i dont care bout u nor ur replies ) so dont bother replying cause am not gonna waste my time on useless Non experienced fighting game talks.
You seriously come off as a bit of a prick..... you make a blanket statement about Smoke players not needing "any" skill to master their character........I mean... wtf did you think was going to happen? That no one would say anything to counter that? I'm not sure if you're serious are just trolling really really hard...

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
So I'm assuming Raiden does well in this matchup. Cause my day 1 Raiden was mauling the few Kenshis I played. Seems like the teleport is good enough to help him get in and if the Kenshi doesn't predict it and throw out a perfectly timed move you get a free jump in punch.

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
So I'm assuming Raiden does well in this matchup. Cause my day 1 Raiden was mauling the few Kenshis I played. Seems like the teleport is good enough to help him get in and if the Kenshi doesn't predict it and throw out a perfectly timed move you get a free jump in punch.
I can't speak for other Kenshi's but both Teleport and Superman are pretty damn aggravating.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Actually u wont believe it, but well timed RK can stuff both :) Especially superman....which is good.
though in general, this is a very annoying matchup for Kenshi to be honest....but i've seen worst than this for sure!
again, the chars which will always dominate the Market (Kung, Raiden, Lui ,Cage, Sub, Kabal,Kitana, Shang,smoke). Kenshi has very few good matchups so far from wut i've seen/ played and tried.

so inconclusion, chars that can easily put kenshi into massive pressure and that it's not kenshi's favor on high level play:
-Lui ( 5.5 lui fav), Shang( 7 shang fav), Kabal (5.5 or 6 kabal fav),Kung( 7 kung fav), raiden(6 raiden fav), Sektor(5.5 sektor fav), Smoke(6 smoke fav), mileena (6 mel fav), Sonya (6 sonya fav), Skarlet ( 6 skarlet fav)

In conclusion, chars that kenshi can fairly beat or fair 5- 5:
-Scorpion, Noob, Kano , baraka, Sheeva, Cyrax, jade, Stryker,cage (yea, i would put him 5 - 5 or 5.5 cage favor worst case cenario), Quanchi, Ermac , Sindel, Night wolf ,Jax(could be a little annoying to be honest...but i will leave it as 5 - 5 for now)

and this is just my opinion for now! something to keep me aware. doesnt mean it's correct at all! but that's how i feel it so far from the matches i played (online or offline).

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
Actually u wont believe it, but well timed RK can stuff both :) Especially superman....which is good.
though in general, this is a very annoying matchup for Kenshi to be honest....but i've seen worst than this for sure!
again, the chars which will always dominate the Market (Kung, Raiden, Lui ,Cage, Sub, Kabal,Kitana, Shang,smoke). Kenshi has very few good matchups so far from wut i've seen/ played and tried.

so inconclusion, chars that can easily put kenshi into massive pressure and that it's not kenshi's favor on high level play:
-Lui ( 5.5 lui fav), Shang( 7 shang fav), Kabal (5.5 or 6 kabal fav),Kung( 7 kung fav), raiden(6 raiden fav), Sektor(5.5 sektor fav), Smoke(6 smoke fav), mileena (6 mel fav), Sonya (6 sonya fav), Skarlet ( 6 skarlet fav)

In conclusion, chars that kenshi can fairly beat or fair 5- 5:
-Scorpion, Noob, Kano , baraka, Sheeva, Cyrax, jade, Stryker,cage (yea, i would put him 5 - 5 or 5.5 cage favor worst case cenario), Quanchi, Ermac , Sindel, Night wolf ,Jax(could be a little annoying to be honest...but i will leave it as 5 - 5 for now)

and this is just my opinion for now! something to keep me aware. doesnt mean it's correct at all! but that's how i feel it so far from the matches i played (online or offline).
It seems to be a fairly well thought out opinion, I agree with a lot of what you said. I played a high level Kung Lao at a tournament recently.....the moment he gets in you are going to have a bitch of a time getting him out. He will frequently clear Rising Karma all together. Your best bet is to look for an opening and probably TK ram him. Cross ups and dive kicks all day with that bastard.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hmm im going out on a limb here and saying worst matchups for kenshi is ANYONE WHO DOES CROSS UPS lol. Seriously do any of his wakeups stop cross ups? Good lord

Please don't say db 1 because thats a fail against all cross ups

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hmm im going out on a limb here and saying worst matchups for kenshi is ANYONE WHO DOES CROSS UPS lol. Seriously do any of his wakeups stop cross ups? Good lord

Please don't say db 1 because thats a fail against all cross ups
haha, yo sexy!
hmm he does have a bad wake up game. though like reptile....so am used to it. In fact, kenshi wake up is way better compared to rep. As a simple way to kill cross over, good players have good amount of options:

-First off, on sweep distance knock downs. kenshi can do a LATE! EX rk or even regular, which does catch cross up and in general pressure. it needs a good well timed reactions though...and to be honest, fairly doable as well

-A simple d+1 or d+3 to change the hit box

-NJP (depends though...will not go through details unless someone really wanted this)

-the final and yet the simplest, and i've seen about so Few people who professionally use it beside me...a simple dash! yes....a simple dash under

beside that, this is kenshi's major weakness. though his other attributes are better, Air control, projectile game, zoning, frame traps, good footsies and finally not a bad combo ability at all (specifically toward corner)

also for the people who say EX is only good on wake up. kenshi's wake up are Horrible on point blank and sweep distance hit box! beside that, his EX are amazing to be used in a LOT of situation (can give details if people are interested, or simply wait for the tutorial that i shall upload soon)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've found Kenshi is weak against people in his face, like a lot. The one character I've found you can turtle against him and be pretty safe against is Scorpion. Kenshi tries to zone, burn his ass all day.

M

MayorMcJustin

When I was playing as Kenshi Sektor Scorpion and Noob gave me the most issues. Noob and Sektor because of ranged attacks. Scorpion because of hellfire and spear.
playing against noob is a tossup. its more of who can lame out full screen attacks faster. its the best option against him

How the hell are you suppose to win against Noob? I can't reflect anything back, and trading shadow men with Noob is straight suicide.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
We need to get a REAL matchup thread going, or fix this one up. Kenshi doen't just roll over and die when somebody is in his face. Everybody has a way to get somebody off of them. Poke more. You don't base a char's strengths off of moves like spin, armor dash, and elbow alone. Last I checked, D3 to overhead, another D3 or throw seems to work still.

Anybody that SERIOUSLY plays this char, please post up matchups w/your own experiences (offline only please)

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
after watching the money matches I'd say that Pig of the Hut character would be a tough match as kenshi...=P

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Dont worry Nori, i am on it...you shall see it in the coming days. hopefully u will enjoy it too.

hmm , i know this is not related. but here's me playin with my clan friend Silent...warm up before Evo. the last 3 matches i played with Kenshi, and he was using Ermac. If you wanna have an idea about the matchup, take a look at it.

Please be aware this is Online....Offline Kenshi is WAAAY better, especially in this matchup

the matches with kenshi starts at (Hour 1, min 33, second 05)

http://www.twitch.tv/s1lent1/b/291069182

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Ty Ashenar

Sage: hmmm , i dont think u played a good kenshi on that case. or i bet this kenshi was still not familiar with kenshi's abilities or yours.
the matchup is pretty 5 - 5. Kenshi is superb at far away and pressure. Noob is superb far away only, though faster projectile and turtler safer than kenshi.

so it's like a tit for tat! both of them from full screen depends on who execute at the right time as well as the correct punishment. What makes Kenshi better at distances is that he got armor, unlike Noob. and once kenshi reach noob in close, Noob doesnt have a lot of answers at all but to escape. giving kenshi upperhand throughout the whole match.
also, Absorb plays a MAJOR role in this match!

in the other case (Noob saibot), a good turtler. if he started the Projectile war, kenshi will be forced to either use meter, or try to approach untill kenshi either reach close or flip the situation into Kenshi taking zone control instead. in such case, it could be annoying for kenshi if they are not familiar on what to do/ counter exactly.

i would even like to give this as slightly kenshi favor, but for now, i will go for 5 - 5.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I pretty much agree with teef on that noob match I see kenshi having to burn meter to exchange in a projectile war with noob that noob started up. just to lock him down on the next trade off.

I dont know what u guys are talking about..... kabal and sindel is the only bad match up I could think of. Kenshi rapes scorpion and sector. I would say Kenshi is safe against any charackter.

as of today based on all my offline fights with him

kenshi vs
cage 6-4
noob 5-5
sub 6-4
rain 6-4
kitana 6-4 ( this matchup is 7-3 if the kitana player does not know how to IAF )
raiden 4-6
cyrax 5-5
smoke 5-5
kabal 4-6
reptile 5-5

many people think scorpion is a bad matchup for kenshi. . . i personally do not think he is but i have yet to fight a good scorpion so i can not talk about that matchup

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
I dont know what u guys are talking about..... kabal and sindel is the only bad match up I could think of. Kenshi rapes scorpion and sector. I would say Kenshi is safe against any charackter.
Kabl is 5 - 5 actually after further work. kenshi rape kabal? Nope...u simply playin horrible ones in such case (no offense please)
as for sindel. Also nope! this is pure hand kenshi Favor. he shuts her wake up game easily, pressure Easily. so in close range she's horrible. If she decided to turtle and fireball, then she completely Lost it!
the only way for kenshi to beat sindel is for sindel to go offensive and Successfully get close safely while pressuring kenshi.

Sindel matchup is 6- 4 kenshi favor

Sector vs kenshi is either 5- 5 or slightly Sektor favor due to a lot of reasons! sektor controls zone like Kenshi, and can punish kenshi's Zone game easily due to teleport and fast projectiles as well as many other reasons . Due to his mix ups and combo ability, it makes Sektor great at pressure. Kenshi will have hard time in surviving untill sektor do mistakes , kenshi catch sektor in a bait, or sektor goes off from kenshi.

this match is very annoying and tough on kenshi

If u think kenshi rapes scorpion, again i dont think u played against good scorpions...match 6 - 4 scorpion favor for sure or can go for 5.5 - 4.5 scorp.
All what scorpion has to do is full throttle pressure. pure guess game.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
So far, (I'm only going to speak based on experience) I see one of Kenshi's bad matchups being Raiden. I don't even think KL is a bad matchup. I also think he beats Reptile, he has all the tools to keep him out and he also has tools to get Reptile (pick your favorite rushdown char) off of him. Raiden's issue is his teleport and that alone, not even Superman. His teleport makes you do moves you didn't mean to do (I've done F2 SO many times and B2 comes out for some reason). Or I try to Shoulder and Reflect comes out, THAT is fun stuff!