What's new

The World Has No More Room For Monsters: Swamp Thing General Discussion

I mean, the main use for the 1 follow up I see would be when you have then under your trait(so they cant jump) and you dont want to give them the option to use a wakeup attack , sure you are only +1 but the range you are at should be used to your advantage too , take a step back and let them whiff their d1 if you think they are going to mash then punish with your advancing f2 or b2 strings.
Yeah thats like its one use. If you have them in the corner with trait out. I still think its silly that you sacrifice damage for a restand that doesn't really allow you to pressure. You have to guess what they want to do. Firestorm's restand gives him a guaranteed check. You can't jump or press buttons against firestorm if he restands you in the corner.

Yeah thats like its one use. If you have them in the corner with trait out. I still think its silly that you sacrifice damage for a restand that doesn't really allow you to pressure. You have to guess what they want to do. Firestorm's restand gives him a guaranteed check. You can't jump or press buttons against firestorm if he restands you in the corner.
yea, thats unfortunately the nature or fighting games and diverse casts some people are just gonna get better tools than others. alot of characters dont have many good + on block moves in this game, even with meter , but swamp thing does.

I think its more productive in the early stages to look at what is STRONG about a character and optimize that first. Nobody has a d3 or a f2 that is as strong as his. HELL go ask the darkseid players if they would want swamp things b2 , that poor bastard is dying for an good mid.

basically, the game isnt even a month old. lets all calm down on whats wrong right now with ST and focus on what really matters, and thats making sure M2kDave and the other DS players have plenty to cry about when NRS releases that first anti zoner patch lololol ;p

Does b223 f23 not work on female characters?
So I did a lot of experimentation with this and it does not work on the small body females (Canary, Catwoman, Harley) but does work on Ivy and Wonder Woman. I don't think it works on Firestorm or Blue Beetle either but I can't remember exactly.

And does anyone feel like NRS designed Swamp Thing to be almost a purely grounded character? Outside of combos, I feel like he just doesn't get as much of out his jumping attacks as a lot of the rest of the cast and I'd just as rather not jump and use f223 for reliable pressure.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
So I did a lot of experimentation with this and it does not work on the small body females (Canary, Catwoman, Harley) but does work on Ivy and Wonder Woman. I don't think it works on Firestorm or Blue Beetle either but I can't remember exactly.
I figured this was the case. I can connect like 8/10 times on Superman but have not hit it once on Supergirl. Anyone know good meterless damage for the small chars? Atm I am defaulting to like b223xxbb which isn't much.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
And does anyone feel like NRS designed Swamp Thing to be almost a purely grounded character? Outside of combos, I feel like he just doesn't get as much of out his jumping attacks as a lot of the rest of the cast and I'd just as rather not jump and use f223 for reliable pressure.
His jumps are definitely weird. I've been using jump tree for anti air to air. If hit right you can get a d2xxdb3 11xxdf1 combo. J1 has some crossup potential off a db3 reset.

His jumps are definitely weird. I've been using jump tree for anti air to air. If hit right you can get a d2xxdb3 11xxdf1 combo. J1 has some crossup potential off a db3 reset.
His j3 also crosses up right? And in this game does d2 scale your combo a ton harder than other normals like it did in the first game?

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
His j3 also crosses up right? And in this game does d2 scale your combo a ton harder than other normals like it did in the first game?
J3 can cross up but from my experience it can be wonky and tricky to convert off of. J1 leads nicely into B223 or B232 whatever. Not sure on the d2 scaling, but d2xxdb3 is like the only way to really get damage reliably off a J3.

J3 can cross up but from my experience it can be wonky and tricky to convert off of. J1 leads nicely into B223 or B232 whatever. Not sure on the d2 scaling, but d2xxdb3 is like the only way to really get damage reliably off a J3.
I think I've been trying to do j3 into f23, db3 and getting decent distance off of it. Will look into the d2 and seeing how it feels.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
So the more I play him the more I realize his entire gameplan is about getting them in the corner with trait and shitting in their mouth. df2 (2), mb df1, f21, all reverse position so its not hard. Once in the corner d2xxdf2 is god, just watch for ansy wakeup attacks and mbf3/b3. He's got some dirt but I wonder how good he will be when people learn his tricks.

So the more I play him the more I realize his entire gameplan is about getting them in the corner with trait and shitting in their mouth. df2 (2), mb df1, f21, all reverse position so its not hard. Once in the corner d2xxdf2 is god, just watch for ansy wakeup attacks and mbf3/b3. He's got some dirt but I wonder how good he will be when people learn his tricks.
Is his BF3 MB armored?

Also...I love Swampy, but as other people have pointed out you really need another character to supplement him.

I've been scoping Green Latern -- any others people have been using? New to NRS games, bear with me.

Last edited:

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Nah mb bf3 isn't armored but it will low profile some stuff.

Welp the Deadshot mu seems pretty hopeless..

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Okay so I'm having a small issue, would like advice:

Are there really any invincible wake-ups? Because from me testing my set-up I can't find a single one :/

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
The more I use Swamp, the more it seems to me that he is lackluster in everything. Might be the worst character in the game....I truly hope someone makes me change my mind.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Is there any reason to block high against this character?
I mean if they don't block high they will get chopped up with f233 and b2323. Until people realize you can backdash the last hit of both...but then that opens up getting hit with low log.