What's new

The Workout and Nutrition Thread!

Gerchap

Noob
Depends on the chick, I don't care about money, here's my checklist:
  1. Doesn't smoke
  2. Games (like real games, not candy crush)
  3. Has a fair bit of muscle (because I got a lotta and I don't want to be the one with the big biceps in the relationship)
  4. Has a sense of humor
  5. Doesn't drive a BMW (there's a special place in hell for those people)
See, chicks can be simple too :p

And, Great idea for a thread. Can we post recipes? Ima do it anyway.
Smart, very smart girl :) post meals or recipes. I prep usually for 3 days, I grill chicken breast and rice with veggies, mostly zucchini and broccoli, I do like salmon too

Gerchap

Noob
Just a lil breakfast
6 eggwhite
2 slices of toast
1/2 cup of oatmeal

About 460 calories
40 grams of protein
67 grams of carbs
5.5 grams of fat

To each it’s own right

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Bring it on baby. Haven’t tried one of those in so many years, in LA there are competitions two categories up to 185 pounds and 185+ But haven’t thought about it. I should tho just because
I’ve just started practicing and training. It’s good motivation to work out tbh.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Just a lil breakfast
6 eggwhite
2 slices of toast
1/2 cup of oatmeal

About 460 calories
40 grams of protein
67 grams of carbs
5.5 grams of fat

To each it’s own right
Now that is what I call a bodybuilding breakfast. Brings back so many memories :p

Salmon Recipe:
1/2 Red onion (sliced)
1 Lemon (to squeeze on the salmon)
1 piece of Ginger (grate it on top of the salmon)
2 tbl spoons of Olive Oil
salt and pepper (if you want)

Put all the salmon pieces in the oven and cook it all at the same time. I usually throw in veggies with olive oil and red onions in there as well.

It's simple but really tasty and if you're tired of chicken or turkey, it's a nice change.

aj1701

Noob
Weight lifting five days a week, twice with a trainer. Cadio 1hr three times a week.. trying to lose some weight, or at the very least not gain. :) Sitting at a desk all day for my job doesn't help.

My trainer didn't quite like some of the food I was eating, so I replaced one of the meals with this:
https://theproteinchef.co/4-ingredient-hot-cheetos-chicken-breast-strips-nuggets/

So we'll see if she's happier with that then the frozen LC I was eating.

Gerchap

Noob
Now that is what I call a bodybuilding breakfast. Brings back so many memories :p

Salmon Recipe:
1/2 Red onion (sliced)
1 Lemon (to squeeze on the salmon)
1 piece of Ginger (grate it on top of the salmon)
2 tbl spoons of Olive Oil
salt and pepper (if you want)

Put all the salmon pieces in the oven and cook it all at the same time. I usually throw in veggies with olive oil and red onions in there as well.

It's simple but really tasty and if you're tired of chicken or turkey, it's a nice change.
Salmon recipe looks good. I’ll try making it this next week thanks Vslayer

Gerchap

Noob
Weight lifting five days a week, twice with a trainer. Cadio 1hr three times a week.. trying to lose some weight, or at the very least not gain. :) Sitting at a desk all day for my job doesn't help.

My trainer didn't quite like some of the food I was eating, so I replaced one of the meals with this:
https://theproteinchef.co/4-ingredient-hot-cheetos-chicken-breast-strips-nuggets/

So we'll see if she's happier with that then the frozen LC I was eating.
Hot Cheeto chicken damn that must be good

Seems like a good routine man

aj1701

Noob
Hot Cheeto chicken damn that must be good

Seems like a good routine man
I only had it the one time so far; need to work on getting a more even coating to keep the Cheeto crumbs on the chicken, but it was pretty good. Nice and hot, if you like spicy food.

My weakness is my diet; my tastes are pretty much that of a six year old, so think chicken tenders, cheeseburgers, pizza and spagetti... so recipes for healthy foods along those lines would be appreciated!

Lift heavy, Eat a lot , build muscles first for about 6-8 months if your natural then cut go borderline calorie deficite and try to workout just as hard or 90%.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Do yoga. One of the best fucking things I've ever picked up. If you are like me you may not even realize how tight and stiff you are until you start stretching.

This guy has a great channel with a million videos of different routines with convenient timings and variety.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I went from 190 to 165 this year which I'm really happy about. Still have a long ways to go but I'm happy with my progress. Too retarded to know how to put pictures on here but iv come a decent way.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I am very lucky because all of my college classes are in the same building as my gym so I get to work out easily every day. And the further I get in my program and the more second nature body mechanics become I get better at it. Just being in a caloric deficit, eating a lot of protein, not a lot of carbs at all, and lifting weights like 10-12 hrs a week across 5 or 6 days is all I needed to completely change my body comp.

I hate when people try to make it more complicated than it is because it discourages overweight people from taking back control of their life. And I hate stupid fad diets and workouts because then people give up when they dont meet realistic goals. "Dieting" in general is stupid because shitty food should be the exception, not eating healthy.

Wigy

There it is...
Elbow pains from skullcrushers? Anyone got advice?

I got to 50kgs on barbell and I can do it fine for reps but I just get a pain in my elbows.

Plateaued at 150kg bench for a while, tried negative benching and a lot more dumbbell work... Not sure what new things to mix in

I got to 50kgs on barbell and I can do it fine for reps but I just get a pain in my elbows.

Plateaued at 150kg bench for a while, tried negative benching and a lot more dumbbell work... Not sure what new things to mix in
white egg shell supplements made a huge deal for me its about 15$ canadian , i had no effect untill 25 days , i took it every single day witout missing. i strongly recommend.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If it's just joint pain I'd try using ice before you go to the gym that day, and if it's really terrible using ibuprofen when you get home from the gym. Just because your muscles can handle the weight doesn't mean your joints like it ya know? Won't be AS effective but I know some people like compression garments.

Wigy

There it is...
If it's just joint pain I'd try using ice before you go to the gym that day, and if it's really terrible using ibuprofen when you get home from the gym. Just because your muscles can handle the weight doesn't mean your joints like it ya know? Won't be AS effective but I know some people like compression garments.
I get this just wondering if people had the same issues and sorted with some kind of exercise training.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I get this just wondering if people had the same issues and sorted with some kind of exercise training.
You sound like you already know what you're doing if you're at the point to be lifting pretty heavy. I guess maybe something obvious like warming up more maybe? On arm days I always do tricep pull downs on the cable machine, close grip bench press, and dips before I do anything overhead, that helps me a little

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Anyone know good energy foods that are natural, without caffeine that are healthy?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You remind me of two celebs. With the longer hair like a younger Fabio. If you cut it youd remind me of the actor in Drive. I forget his name at the moment.

I have noticed for month now I've been eating oatmeal with bananas and blue berries, I feel more energetic than usual. Past week and half though been eating cake, pie, cookies, etc due to the holidays.

I find almonds being pretty good to snack on as oppose to chips or something.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So I'm starting to take my dad to the gym. Hes 56 and has never really lifted weights but has regularly mountain biked forever so hes in good shape and his quads and calves are godly, especially for his age.

If any of you guys are older or know anything about it, is there anything y'all do differently than when you were young or any special precautions or tips I should know about?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

Skullcrushers are well known to cause elbow pain. Perhaps try less weight, a different exercise or just don't go as deep with the rep into your elbows.

Look into lying overhead tricep extensions or a similar exercise. Sometimes they are labeled as the same thing but the big differences is that you bring the weight behind your head, as opposed to "skull crushing". I feel like it's more of a general tricep stretch but it's a good workout and I don't get the elbow pain that I get from doing skull crushers.

https://weighttraining.guide/exercises/lying-barbell-triceps-extension/

Wigy

There it is...
Skullcrushers are well known to cause elbow pain. Perhaps try less weight, a different exercise or just don't go as deep with the rep into your elbows.

Look into lying overhead tricep extensions or a similar exercise. Sometimes they are labeled as the same thing but the big differences is that you bring the weight behind your head, as opposed to "skull crushing". I feel like it's more of a general tricep stretch but it's a good workout and I don't get the elbow pain that I get from doing skull crushers.

https://weighttraining.guide/exercises/lying-barbell-triceps-extension/
I've tried both variations and both hurt. Basically just doing higher reps lower weight with cable work and close grip benching. Mucho annoying.