What's new

The Workout and Nutrition Thread!

Wigy

There it is...
If you're eating out from McDonald's, dominos etc and switch up to cooking your own stuff in batch without getting too extreme being healthier is cheaper.

You don't need to eat organic and have lots of oily fish and grass fed beef to be healthy there's a middle ground.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yep, the fitness industry is just like any other it wants your money, but there are good and cheap alternatives you just need to do a tiny bit more digging and not go in the organic sections.

Food markets are best, since you're buying from the person producing the goods and it's cheaper and you know there ain't no weird shit in it.

Yep, the fitness industry is just like any other it wants your money, but there are good and cheap alternatives you just need to do a tiny bit more digging and not go in the organic sections.

Food markets are best, since you're buying from the person producing the goods and it's cheaper and you know there ain't no weird shit in it.
Haha I think the digging part is the problem, why spend 30 minutes trying to compare prices and find deals on your grocery list when there is a strip of food vendors on the street when you are walking to work offering you a million different things for 2.50 lol.

or you buy grocery’s and meal prep only to be thwarted by the infamous taco tuesday lol.

if shitty food wasn’t so convenient I think we would be a lot better off as a society.

It still comes down to having amazing discipline, people always seem to think the exercising part is the most difficult but once you get going it becomes easier and easier to the point it becomes something you like/want to do.

the irony is we can go to the gym and bang weights and run laps for 45 minutes to an hour and a half but don’t want to spend more than 10 minutes being in the grocery store/preparing food lol.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Haha I think the digging part is the problem, why spend 30 minutes trying to compare prices and find deals on your grocery list when there is a strip of food vendors on the street when you are walking to work offering you a million different things for 2.50 lol.

or you buy grocery’s and meal prep only to be thwarted by the infamous taco tuesday lol.

if shitty food wasn’t so convenient I think we would be a lot better off as a society.

It still comes down to having amazing discipline, people always seem to think the exercising part is the most difficult but once you get going it becomes easier and easier to the point it becomes something you like/want to do.

the irony is we can go to the gym and bang weights and run laps for 45 minutes to an hour and a half but don’t want to spend more than 10 minutes being in the grocery store/preparing food lol.
Exactly! When you come home from work and you're tired you don't wanna cook so you just get something already made. It's the weekend, I don't wanna make breakfast, etc., I think we just need to kick ourselves in the butt more when it comes to food.

Working out is super fun and definitely easier to get into the habit of doing than cooking good food. I think everyone wishes there would be a fast and easy way to eat healthy but that will never happen we just have to put some effort into it.

portent

Noob
I'm not advocating for fast food here, but I certainly (since I'm in this situation) understand why pre-prepared food exists.

You wake up and have a baby to change, feed and get ready for daycare, as well as an elementary schooler to feed, get ready for school, nevermind yourself.

After dropping both kids to their appropriate locations, you have to head to work yourself and put in a full day.

Following the full day, you have to pick up both kids, take them home, change and feed the baby, make sure the elementary school kid is fed, homework done, showered, and gets some playtime.

THEN you can make your own food. Hopefully that's before 9/10pm at that point.

It's in these moments when I fully understand why pre-prepared meals exist.

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
If you don't like cooking every meal and you don't mind eating the same 2 recipes for 2/3 days you can always cook in bulk. I do it for my daytime/work meals and it saves a lot of time.
I always make basic meals though, just proteine (meat or fish)+carbs (sweet potato/rice)+veggies+some kind of spice. It takes like 1 hour max every 3rd day. In the evening you can do some fancy cooking but that will take 1hr for one meal.

Another tip, although not for everyone, is to buy your grassfed meat from a local farmer. We used to buy a cow (butchered) with 2 families. Now we buy from another farm that sells 10kg/22lb packets for 110 euros. I think they give you about 6 differents beef cuts, so you don't have to eat the same all the time.
You'll need a good freezer if you want to buy bulk, but it is worth the investement.

I'm not advocating for fast food here, but I certainly (since I'm in this situation) understand why pre-prepared food exists.

You wake up and have a baby to change, feed and get ready for daycare, as well as an elementary schooler to feed, get ready for school, nevermind yourself.

After dropping both kids to their appropriate locations, you have to head to work yourself and put in a full day.

Following the full day, you have to pick up both kids, take them home, change and feed the baby, make sure the elementary school kid is fed, homework done, showered, and gets some playtime.

THEN you can make your own food. Hopefully that's before 9/10pm at that point.

It's in these moments when I fully understand why pre-prepared meals exist.
Fast food isn’t even my problem really, I was cursed with an insatiable sweet tooth and I’m assuming if my NEAT wasn’t so high and I didn’t work out I would be on my 600lb life.

also genetics probably has something to do with it too lol.

atleast fast food has some nutrients in it.

almost 0 benefit to eating candy besides true happiness of course.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Guys, CALORIES IN / CALORIES OUT

You don't need to eat super healthy. If your maintenance calories are 2500, you can eat 2000 calories of candy that you will lose weight. Watch the hodgetwins... they eat only fast food every single day and they're in shape. Why? They're in a caloric deficit and they eat a good amount protein.

To build muscle and get jacked = a good amount of protein
To lose wait and get ripped = caloric deficit

To get jacked and ripped = protein + caloric deficit

Wigy

There it is...

You don't need to eat super healthy. If your maintenance calories are 2500, you can eat 2000 calories of candy that you will lose wait.

I think literally everyone here knows that.

In terms of health and well-being and fuel to exercise there's more to it than this.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
[Edit]: I should have specified, the information below is purely for fast weight loss, and is not meant to be a long-term diet. It's not healthy or nutritious. It worked like crazy for me, but maybe talk to a doctor before following the nutrional advice of anyone from an online video game forum...

I started taking Muay Thai again after almost 20 years and eating right and have lost almost 1lb every 3 days; it's legit frightening how quickly I'm losing the weight. The holidays put a stop to it, of course, but now I'm getting back on track.

For me, the biggest things were just nutrition research and calorie counting. It's insane how inefficient exercise is for losing weight. Sure, it's healthy, but when it comes to weight loss, it's all about the almighty calorie.

Apparently 1lb of muscle burns about 5 times as much as 1lb of fat at rest, so I decided to start lifting weights. My apartment has a decent gym, so I printed out a good basic workout from the internet and got to work. I was shocked to see I needed to consume around 200 grams of protein per day (source). Based on my calorie limit of 1,300 calories per day, this seemed almost impossible. That is, until I started researching eggs.

I get most of my nutrition and health information from healthline.com. They post reasonable info with well-cited sources. Here are the main takeaways from my research:
  1. Raw eggs are fine to eat. Eating normal eggs raw, you have about a 1 in 10,000 chance of getting sick. Eating pasteurized eggs almost completely eliminates the risk. Eggland's Best is a good brand of pasteurized eggs.
  2. Most of the protein is in the white, and it must be cooked. Egg whites contain an enzyme that prevents your body from being able to absorb the protein, but cooking destroys this enzyme, so cook your egg whites. I like my eggs boiled or just cooked in a pan like an omelet. Easy and delicious.
  3. Almost all the actual nutrition is in the yolk, but it's destroyed through cooking, so you want to eat the yolk raw. The yolk also contains almost all of the calories. Cooked yolk is nothing but calories. Cholesterol is nothing to worry about. It's been blown out of proportion. You can eat as many yolks as you want and your bad cholesterol levels won't spike unless you're particularly sensitive.
  4. A single large egg white contains about 17 calories and 3.6 grams of protein. So, I would need 55 egg whites per day to hit my limit. However, that's only 935 calories. For a single meal. I'll usually cook 5 egg whites, so less than 100 calories.
So now, I lift weights Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I do 1 to 3 Muay Thai classes on Tuesday and Thursday. After each workout, I eat 5 cooked egg whites and a protein shake. I do cheat days on Wednesday and Saturday where I try to eat 3,000 calories (which is legit difficult now). This is to keep my body from "getting used to" my lowered calorie count, which causes it to stop being affected as much. I only eat the egg yolks on my cheat days to get their nutritional benefits. I just drop a few raw yolks into my protein shake. Amazon has these amazing "blender bottles" that are basically water bottles with a little metal coil ball inside. You put in your water, powder, and whatever else, and then just shake it and it mixes it up for you. I just use Target brand protein powder.

When I travel, I cook a bunch of boiled eggs and put them in Tupperware. I can then eat them while driving (discarding the yolks). Boiled eggs are also great to cook in a huge batch to last a few days. Ortega makes an amazing taco sauce that goes great on everything, from steak, to fish, to eggs (and yeah, even tacos). I like the hot kind, but they also make medium and mild. It's delicious, almost no calories, and not too high in sodium.

Finally, when I'm sick of eggs, I turn to my amazing Aroma rice cooker. It's legit one of the best purchases I have ever made. I'll throw in some wild rice, a can of Tyson white meat chicken, some frozen Sante Fe style vegetables, and chicken broth, and BAM, 45 minutes later I have some amazing food that will last for 4 or 5 nutritious and low-calorie meals.

For my workout routine, I use dumbbells to do a few types of lifts, and then just use the machines at my apartment gym to do whatever exercises they provide, like rows, curls, bench press, etc. I do 3 reps of every exercise, 8, 10, and 12. A full-body workout takes about 20 minutes. My wife was blown away at how quickly my arms got ripped. I hurt my wrist at Muay Thai and had to stop about a month ago, but am hoping to get started back this week.

Hope someone finds all this info helpful, but just let me know if you have any questions. You can use https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html to determine how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.

[edit] Remembered a few more thing:
  1. I only drink water, tea, and black coffee on non-cheat days. You don't want to drink your calories. Artificial zero-calorie drinks, like Diet Coke, can be worse for you than their sugary counterparts. Those artificial sweeteners can inhibit your body's ability to burn calories, not to mention other health issues the bring, so stay away. For infinite sources and studies on this, see this article: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/diet-soda-good-or-bad#weight-loss
  2. Dairy is your enemy. Stay away from milk, cream, cheese, and any other dairy products. They're all high-calorie. I'm a cheese fanatic, so I do like to splurge on cheat days. Otherwise, I stay clear. [Edit] I'm not saying dairy is unhealthy, I'm saying it's high-calorie. When it comes to losing weight, dairy is your enemy.
  3. Mustard is my condiment of choice (other than that Ortega taco sauce, and tabasco sauce). Almost no calories.
  4. Watch your sodium levels. Many tasty low-calorie foods are tasty because of high sodium levels. Too much sodium leads to many health issues.
  5. I take a multivitamin once per day. Egg whites contain almost zero nutrition other than protein.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
@karaokelove

There's a few things wrong with what you've said.

-numerous studies found no extra muscle growth or recovery past 1-1.5g/kg body mass in performance athletes doing weights. This is different in strongmen/bodybuilders etc as their boosted testosterone from steroids let's them process more protein.

-protein in cooked egg yolks are denatured and more easily digested which helps with uptake.
Boiling or poaching is preferable to frying as slow cooking leads to less oxidation of cholesterol and more retention of nutrients (not saying you got that wrong, just a bit of extra info)

-there has been no clinical evidence that shows diet soda has any effect on weightloss, people who drink soda regularly (diet or regular) just tend to eat less healthy.

-dairy can provide a lot of very useful nutrition, some that's tricky to get elsewhere. Cottage cheese is one of the best foods for gyming around. As long as you keep dairy consumption in general within caloric intake it's good.

Congratulations on the weightloss and gains though, sounds like you're doing well! Most of the stuff is the right idea.

Last edited:

You don't need to eat super healthy. If your maintenance calories are 2500, you can eat 2000 calories of candy that you will lose weight. Watch the hodgetwins... they eat only fast food every single day and they're in shape. Why? They're in a caloric deficit and they eat a good amount protein.

Eating only 2000 calories worth of candy would be impossible as that is only like 3 candy bars lmao.

I started taking Muay Thai again after almost 20 years and eating right and have lost almost 1lb every 3 days; it's legit frightening how quickly I'm losing the weight. The holidays put a stop to it, of course, but now I'm getting back on track.

For me, the biggest things were just nutrition research and calorie counting. It's insane how inefficient exercise is for losing weight. Sure, it's healthy, but when it comes to weight loss, it's all about the almighty calorie.

Apparently 1lb of muscle burns about 5 times as much as 1lb of fat at rest, so I decided to start lifting weights. My apartment has a decent gym, so I printed out a good basic workout from the internet and got to work. I was shocked to see I needed to consume around 200 grams of protein per day. Based on my calorie limit of 1,300 calories per day, this seemed almost impossible. That is, until I started researching eggs.

I get most of my nutrition and health information from healthline.com. They post reasonable info with well-cited sources. Here are the main takeaways from my research:
  1. Raw eggs are fine to eat. Eating normal eggs raw, you have about a 1 in 10,000 chance of getting sick. Eating pasteurized eggs almost completely eliminates the risk. Eggland's Best is a good brand of pasteurized eggs.
  2. Almost all the protein is in the white, and it must be cooked. Egg whites contain an enzyme that prevents your body from being able to absorb the protein, but cooking destroys this enzyme, so cook your egg whites. I like my eggs boiled or just cooked in a pan like an omelet. Easy and delicious.
  3. Almost all the actual nutrition is in the yolk, but it's destroyed through cooking, so you want to eat the yolk raw. The yolk also contains almost all of the calories. Cooked yolk is nothing but calories. Cholesterol is nothing to worry about. It's been blown out of proportion. You can eat as many yolks as you want and your bad cholesterol levels won't spike unless you're particularly sensitive.
  4. A single large egg white contains about 17 calories and 3.6 grams of protein. So, I would need 55 egg whites per day to hit my limit. However, that's only 935 calories. For a single meal. I'll usually cook 5 egg whites, so less than 100 calories.
So now, I lift weights Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I do 3 Muay Thai classes on Tuesday and Thursday. After each workout, I eat 5 cooked egg whites and a protein shake. I do cheat days on Wednesday and Saturday where I try to eat 3,000 calories (which is legit difficult now). This is to keep my body from "getting used to" my lowered calorie count, which causes it to stop being affected as much. I only eat the egg yolks on my cheat days to get their nutritional benefits. I just drop a few raw yolks into my protein shake. Amazon has these amazing "blender bottles" that are basically water bottles with a little metal coil ball inside. You put in your water, powder, and whatever else, and then just shake it and it mixes it up for you. I just use Target brand protein powder.

When I travel, I cook a bunch of boiled eggs and put them in Tupperware. I can then eat them while driving (discarding the yolks). Boiled eggs are also great to cook in a huge batch to last a few days. Ortega makes an amazing taco sauce that goes great on everything, from steak, to fish, to eggs (and yeah, even tacos). I like the hot kind, but they also make medium and mild. It's delicious, almost no calories, and not too high in sodium.

Finally, when I'm sick of eggs, I turn to my amazing Aroma rice cooker. It's legit one of the best purchases I have ever made. I'll throw in some wild rice, a can of Tyson white meat chicken, some frozen Sante Fe style vegetables, and chicken broth, and BAM, 45 minutes later I have some amazing food that will last for 4 or 5 nutritious and low-calorie meals.

For my workout routine, I use dumbbells to do a few types of lifts, and then just use the machines at my apartment gym to do whatever exercises they provide, like rows, curls, bench press, etc. I do 3 reps of every exercise, 8, 10, and 12. A full-body workout takes about 20 minutes. My wife was blown away at how quickly my arms got ripped. I hurt my wrist at Muay Thai and had to stop about a month ago, but am hoping to get started back this week.

Hope someone finds all this info helpful, but just let me know if you have any questions. You can use https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html to determine how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.

1. I only drink water, tea, and black coffee on non-cheat days. You don't want to drink your calories. Artificial zero-calorie drinks, like Diet Coke, can be worse for you than their sugary counterparts. Those artificial sweeteners can inhibit your body's ability to burn calories, not to mention other health issues the bring, so stay away.
  2. Dairy is your enemy. Stay away from milk, cream, cheese, and any other dairy products. They're all high-calorie. I'm a cheese fanatic, so I do like to splurge on cheat days. Otherwise, I stay clear.
  3. Mustard is my condiment of choice (other than that Ortega taco sauce, and tabasco sauce). Almost no calories.
  4. Watch your sodium levels. Many tasty low-calorie foods are tasty because of high sodium levels. Too much sodium leads to many health issues.
1300? Good lord! I don’t think I could manage that without passing out.

You’re an animal man, good job on the weight loss, I also indulged too much on the holiday season stretch and am trying to get back into it.

I try between 1600 and 1850, but man 1300? Sheesh.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'

Apparently 1lb of muscle burns about 5 times as much as 1lb of fat at rest, so I decided to start lifting weights. My apartment has a decent gym, so I printed out a good basic workout from the internet and got to work. I was shocked to see I needed to consume around 200 grams of protein per day. Based on my calorie limit of 1,300 calories per day, this seemed almost impossible. That is, until I started researching eggs.

2. Almost all the protein is in the white, and it must be cooked. Egg whites contain an enzyme that prevents your body from being able to absorb the protein, but cooking destroys this enzyme, so cook your egg whites. I like my eggs boiled or just cooked in a pan like an omelet. Easy and delicious.
So now, I lift weights Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I do 3 Muay Thai classes on Tuesday and Thursday. After each workout, I eat 5 cooked egg whites and a protein shake. I do cheat days on Wednesday and Saturday where I try to eat 3,000 calories (which is legit difficult now). This is to keep my body from "getting used to" my lowered calorie count, which causes it to stop being affected as much. I only eat the egg yolks on my cheat days to get their nutritional benefits. I just drop a few raw yolks into my protein shake. Amazon has these amazing "blender bottles" that are basically water bottles with a little metal coil ball inside. You put in your water, powder, and whatever else, and then just shake it and it mixes it up for you. I just use Target brand protein powder.

1. I only drink water, tea, and black coffee on non-cheat days. You don't want to drink your calories. Artificial zero-calorie drinks, like Diet Coke, can be worse for you than their sugary counterparts. Those artificial sweeteners can inhibit your body's ability to burn calories, not to mention other health issues the bring, so stay away.
  2. Dairy is your enemy. Stay away from milk, cream, cheese, and any other dairy products. They're all high-calorie. I'm a cheese fanatic, so I do like to splurge on cheat days. Otherwise, I stay clear.
Good write up but a few things:

Artificial sweeteners are no problem bro

Dairy is not that bad unless you have problem with lactose. And its high calories if youre eating whole milk. Most of the times I get the 0 fat milk.

Sodium is also not a problem unless you have a health problem with it or you're about to do a bodybuilding show lmao

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah getting motivated and eating foods that give you natural energy I find difficult as well, especially when I'm down. I just want to sleep.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah getting motivated and eating foods that give you natural energy I find difficult as well, especially when I'm down. I just want to sleep.
I like to mix 1\4 or 1\2 of a 5-hour energy shot into my protein shakes. Makes them taste a little fruity and definitely adds a substantial bump of energy. I buy cases of 5 hour energy on Amazon; much cheaper than buying at gas stations or Target.

Wigy

There it is...
This seems an obvious and idiotic suggestion but try to increase your water consumption. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes in terms of just feeling more awake. Water consumption and fibre are my two biggest things for how much energetic I feel.

Don't get reliant on caffeine or supplements, fix it at the source.

My daily intake of fluids is about 5-6 litres. If you get your sodium/potassium intake right with lots of water everything ticks over way better.

Obviously diet and sleeping properly are the biggest factors but those two are underestimated

-that being said, I'm 118 kilos and 6 5" and gym for an hour a day so you will need to adjust your water intake appropriately.

MKF30

This seems an obvious and idiotic suggestion but try to increase your water consumption. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes in terms of just feeling more awake. Water consumption and fibre are my two biggest things for how much energetic I feel.

Don't get reliant on caffeine or supplements, fix it at the source.

My daily intake of fluids is about 5-6 litres. If you get your sodium/potassium intake right with lots of water everything ticks over way better.

Obviously diet and sleeping properly are the biggest factors but those two are underestimated

-that being said, I'm 118 kilos and 6 5" and gym for an hour a day so you will need to adjust your water intake appropriately.
I have noticed that when I drink more water, sparkling ice or juice I definitely feel a bit more energized and also less hungry when I drink water a lot(mostly during the summer I'll intake more than the winter) Lot of people have told me both in person and on here to eat more fruits as they give you energy naturally. I have no issues with sugar, however I definitely agree about the caffeine I stay away from it and have for years. Since 2007 actually when I was diagnosed with anxiety but thankfully it's gotten better over the years, I still have it and it's kind of something tough to control but it can be adapted to in a way. So that being said I stay clear from anything with caffeine in it or energy drinks etc.

Thanks for the advice, one of my bigger challenges is pizza I love it lol but I'm not a big eater. I'm a very slow eater which doctors tell me is a good thing and I only eat it a few days a week. Obviously I'm trying to cut out chips and things with high sat fat. Then there's genetics.

I like to mix 1\4 or 1\2 of a 5-hour energy shot into my protein shakes. Makes them taste a little fruity and definitely adds a substantial bump of energy. I buy cases of 5 hour energy on Amazon; much cheaper than buying at gas stations or Target.
oh wow that's probably big energy I bet lol. I know of those little 5 hour energy shots/drinks, I used to work for target we sold them in a little bundle. I stay away from those with a 30 foot pole, I have anxiety sometimes when I get it can be bad lol so my doc told me years ago stay away from it because caff can make you super jittery and that's the last thing I need lol. But I'm glad it works for you, my mom drinks a lot of coffee and always complaining about palpatations, I keep telling her to lay off the caffeine as that can cause that. Even when I drink tea, I make sure it has super little amount or none at all. I'm like super paranoid with that stuff. But protein shakes I've heard of mixed with fruits give you energy, I just don't know how healthy they are for you? I see these little jugs of protein powder. Was always curious. I've seen youtubers who work out a lot drink them before or after a workout. I only work out a few days a week, nothing too crazy. My house also has 2 flights of stairs and I'm always going up and down I swear that alone gives me a work out lol. But yeah I get food pantry sometimes on amazon, definitely have better deals than the stores that's for sure. Perhaps I'll look into the protein shakes with fruits option. As long as it won't make me jittery I'll definitely try it out. I love blueberries, strawberries, bananas, apples and pineapple especially for preferred fruits. I love watermelon as well but that's only seasonal, I wish it was year around.

MKF30

If you're eating out from McDonald's, dominos etc and switch up to cooking your own stuff in batch without getting too extreme being healthier is cheaper.

You don't need to eat organic and have lots of oily fish and grass fed beef to be healthy there's a middle ground.
Yeah like those two guys on YT the Hodgetwins lol, they literally eat whatever they hell they want to eat and look fit but they work out a lot. You've probably heard of them, they also do comedy skits but food reviews at fast food joints often in their vids. Then you have guys like Joey's World Tour well he doesn't exactly work out that much but I believe he did lose some weight.

Joeysworldtour lol

Hodgetwins aka Twinmuscle

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
I decided to go Kosher back August 2019 (more of a lifestyle choice rather that diet) and have been jump roping for 45 minutes everyday. I highly recommend jump roping if you don't feel like running around the block or finding a treadmill. Also I drink a gallon of water excluding when working out, so like when I'm at work or at home.

Last edited:
Yeah like those two guys on YT the Hodgetwins lol, they literally eat whatever they hell they want to eat and look fit but they work out a lot. You've probably heard of them, they also do comedy skits but food reviews at fast food joints often in their vids. Then you have guys like Joey's World Tour well he doesn't exactly work out that much but I believe he did lose some weight.

Joeysworldtour lol

Hodgetwins aka Twinmuscle
Lol if you look at a lot of their videos man they are actually very disciplined, often times not getting fries and sharing the same sandwich lol.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
@MKF30 Then yeah, you should stay away from 5-hour energy. They're safer than energy drinks, but it's still a super-concentrated blast of caffeine. I try not to rely on them, and even when I do take one, I only take 1/4 or 1/2 of a bottle at a time.

If you're interested in shakes, pick up some Target protein powder for like $20 and one of those Blender Bottles from Amazon for $10. $30 investment and will last you a good while. I don't put anything in my shake except the occasional raw egg yolk or tiny bit of 5-hour energy. I get the chocolate version and it actually tastes pretty good, almost like thick chocolate milk. If you decide to start doing fruits and other stuff, then you'll need a legit blender.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
1300? Good lord! I don’t think I could manage that without passing out.

You’re an animal man, good job on the weight loss, I also indulged too much on the holiday season stretch and am trying to get back into it.

I try between 1600 and 1850, but man 1300? Sheesh.
I had to work my way down to it, but once I figured out what foods to eat, it actually became pretty easy. There are some days where around 9pm I'll realize I've only had 500 calories so far. I usually skip breakfast, so I don't eat my first meal until around 1pm. If I get hungry before that, though, I'll go ahead and eat a high-protein low-calorie meal, like 5 egg whites (85 calories and very filling). High-protein meals keep you feeling full for longer. I also love Progresso Light Chicken Noodle Soup. It tastes really good and it's only 120 calories per can. You could eat 10 cans and still be under your normal calorie intake for the day (though your sodium levels would be off the charts). Canned pink salmon is also really good, crazy healthy, and not too expensive. Tuna is cheaper but not nearly as tasty. I don't eat salads or many veggies, honestly. Can't remember the last time I ate fruit. I take a multivitamin to fill in the nutritional gaps.

MKF30

Lol if you look at a lot of their videos man they are actually very disciplined, often times not getting fries and sharing the same sandwich lol.
Indeed, though they like their fastfood perhaps more compared to some other health workout channels on YT but it's all good. I mean it's like someone said it's all about moderation really. I think we all love fastfood but once in a blue once a month or something isn't bad. Everytime I go into this one BK I like, which is once every few months. I see the same guy who's really fat he barely fits in the seating table, he's always there. He tends to do lots of lotto and walks with a cane. My mom for example has no discipline or control if I buy her M&Ms lol. She's been on weight watchers and lost 80 lbs in the past 8 years or so she struggles with it so if I get candy here and there for myself or carry it around, I have to be careful haha.

@MKF30 Then yeah, you should stay away from 5-hour energy. They're safer than energy drinks, but it's still a super-concentrated blast of caffeine. I try not to rely on them, and even when I do take one, I only take 1/4 or 1/2 of a bottle at a time.

If you're interested in shakes, pick up some Target protein powder for like $20 and one of those Blender Bottles from Amazon for $10. $30 investment and will last you a good while. I don't put anything in my shake except the occasional raw egg yolk or tiny bit of 5-hour energy. I get the chocolate version and it actually tastes pretty good, almost like thick chocolate milk. If you decide to start doing fruits and other stuff, then you'll need a legit blender.
Yeah lol. For sure, my friend used to drink the red bulls back in high school to help keep him up and I knew this other guy who used to drink beers with red bulls which they say is bad because that's an upper with a downer lol. I'd never do that. I mean if it works for you, great man. I have heard they do help some people get through the day. I have to weight my natural energy options like I've gotten the Gatorade energy chews which have no caffeine in them believe it or not. I used to pop a few at my last job because I was running around all over the place.

The protein helps build muscle and the other stuff for energy, right? That sounds like a good idea. Eww raw egg lol. I'd probably gag if I tried getting that down. I like cooked egg and egg whites though. lol thanks for the tip, yeah amazon has some amazing deals. Yeah, I have a blender that isn't a problem. Do you recommend drinking it before or after a workout? Because I've noticed different work out youtubers drink it different times, some before others after. Does it matter?