What's new

The way we should be playing Supergirl??

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Lmao I've played wound, forever king,treypound etc. I use it a lot. I lost to wound cus aqua shits on her had nothing to do with the gaps or f2 in neutral. I lost to FK cus he's a better player and made the better reads. He didn't mop me. Every game was super close and I mean really close. Dude I never said f2 was a replacement i said maybe we should use it against 6fmers to avoid the gap. If you're gonna do b12 xx breath any fucking way why not do f2? Nobody really gets hit by the low in b12 anymore anyways. Most are already ducking to duck lasers. And why is it that we aren't good if we aren't "known". There's a ton of ppl I play against that are really good players just because they aren't scar and sonic fox famous doesn't mean anything.

And i don't get half of this communities logic either. Like, you had this character with

112 +7
Extended breath hold +1
212(restand) +1 on hit
F23 air grab +1 on block

Wanna know what they did with this? Cry about her getting low damage. Seriously I don't know what you want this character to be. If they take the gap out of b12 and make b123 safe it still wouldn't be enough for em cus you'd just hear the damage bullshit
I said that they could either make b123 -6 & keep the B12 gap the way it is because that actually leaves a mind game scheme open.

"112 +7"
"F23 +1 on block"

LMAO!

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I didn't play the beta so I don't know who whined about her low damage. Wouldn't say 1 word about her if she stayed how she was in the beta.

Seriously +7? Fuck...
Yes bro lmao. 112 was plus 7. She could do anything she wanted in the beta. She had the same damage she had right now too. They over nerfed her, but I just think it's funny that I keep seeing "safety is her issue" when she had that before and they moaned about damage

Tweedy

Noob
Supergirl's b12 and b2 1+3 are true 50/50s. The drawback is that they're both unsafe and she gets low damage. If b12 breath were gapless and minus 1, along with Superman's damage, idk how she would = Superman. She'd be better than Superman. Not even gonna mention her superior jump ins and anti airs, low profiling.

If you want to lose those extra tools for Superman's damage and safety, what are we doing? Making every character the same? Superman is a much better character right now. That doesn't mean that we should just give her what he has. Be more creative with your buffs suggestions.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Supergirl's b12 and b2 1+3 are true 50/50s. The drawback is that they're both unsafe and she gets low damage. If b12 breath were gapless and minus 1, along with Superman's damage, idk how she would = Superman. She'd be better than Superman. Not even gonna mention her superior jump ins and anti airs, low profiling.

If you want to lose those extra tools for Superman's damage and safety, what are we doing? Making every character the same? Superman is a much better character right now. That doesn't mean that we should just give her what he has. Be more creative with your buffs suggestions.
He was being sarcastic.

Thus the similarities to Superman and references to pieces of male anatomy

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Supergirl's b12 and b2 1+3 are true 50/50s.
B12 and B2 1+3 by themselves aren't 50/50s. She can make it tricky by staggering but they aren't true 50/50s, unless maybe the B2 whiffs, in which case it's a little harder to react to.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Supergirl is older and stronger than Superman. Therefore her damage should eclipse his. Makes no sense how weak she is compared to him. She's a Kryptonian.

"So then considering she's a human without powers or powerful gadgets, should Catwoman have no winning matchups?"

Yes.

"Swamp Thing will move from bottom tier to top in an instant."

And?

"But then almost every character would beat Harley."

That's fine.

"But Batman will have a contingency plan to win every match up"

He does already.

"But this is a competitive fighting game, and going by the lore to judge character strengths and match ups is silly and asanine-"

LALALALALALALALALICANTHEARYOULALALALALALABUFFSUPERGIRLLALALALALALA

Tweedy

Noob
He blocked like 70/30. Idk if he was fuzzying and messing it up a lot, or if i'm just bad at guessing. He was definitely getting hit enough to where idk how it could be called a reaction. Either way an 18/21 frame mix gets harder in real games. Especially considering it's not a special off of a specific part of a string like Atro's puddle. You can't ever be ready to fuzzy it mid game.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
He blocked like 70/30. Idk if he was fuzzying and messing it up a lot, or if i'm just bad at guessing. He was definitely getting hit enough to where idk how it could be called a reaction. Either way an 18/21 frame mix gets harder in real games. Especially considering it's not a special off of a specific part of a string like Atro's puddle. You can't ever be ready to fuzzy it mid game.
Yep just like you can't punish breath 100% of the time mid game. I'm just about done caring about this for real lol. Just dumb at this point. Not when you have air dash, lasers, 112, . You think differently while playing versus sitting in practice AND KNOWING what you're trying to block. Fuck out of here

HeroesNZ

Lol just block low and react to B2. There were a couple B2 1+3s I definitely blocked. I'll post the video and let you guys decide for yourself, bearing in mind the 140 ms ping.

Tweedy

Noob
Lol just block low and react to B2. There were a couple B2 1+3s I definitely blocked. I'll post the video and let you guys decide for yourself, bearing in mind the 140 ms ping.
Yeah but it's not a mid string mix up. Mid game you're not gonna just sit there fuzzying like that. The fact that we were in an isolated situation like that and you still got hit quite a few times says a lot imo.

Tweedy

Noob
Plus there were a lot of goofy situations where I would mess up and get throw or raw b3, or he would do 11 bounce cancel for some reason with Superman. It was just an odd test lol. He definitely blocked more than I thought he would considering the ping.

HeroesNZ

Yeah but it's not a mid string mix up. Mid game you're not gonna just sit there fuzzying like that. The fact that we were in an isolated situation like that and you still got hit quite a few times says a lot imo.
Lol I fucked up, do you have the recording?

Anyway like I said, by themselves they aren't true 50/50s which was my point in the first place, but I never said it wasn't a good mixup/pressure tool regardless, especially when you mix in throws.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
IMO Supergirl doesn't need 'buffs', so much as she just needs 'tweaks'. Also, I do fine with her current damage, and I do 540 to Superman without Meter if I've got trait and an elephant in the background.

What buff they SHOULD do is give her her justice league animated costume or at least a blue top with blue skirt and longer hair. Let's not pretend these aren't problems that should also be addressed.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Nevermind I did one myself. 90 seconds of blocking so you know I'm not memorising anything and this is first try. Even messed up a couple times:

Call me what you want but don't call me a bullshitter lul
Impressive, so you're reacting to the first hit of the animation, I suppose in that way it isn't a "true" 50/50 in the strictest sense. Though practice mode is one thing where 100% of your cognitive focus is on that one thing and a real fight where your focus is on 100 different possibilities.

The fact you got punished even a few times when 100% of your focus was into blocking it goes to show that it wouldn't be possible in a real fight, especially with the threat of throw.

HeroesNZ

The fact you got punished even a few times when 100% of your focus was into blocking it goes to show that it wouldn't be possible in a real fight, especially with the threat of throw.
Not really, when I get knocked down by SG my focus is on blocking anyway. It's definitely possible in a real fight, and tbh the risk reward is in your favor depending on the character.

I play Superman so if I can increase my chances of blocking correctly that gives me an advantage since if she goes for B2 1+3 I take 460 off her for a bar as opposed to whatever pittance she takes off me. And even if you're fuzzying you can still react to and interrupt/punish B12