What's new

The way we should be playing Supergirl??

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So I'm not mistaken, you guys would not mind her damage if she had safety correct? Say b12, b123 become safe on block fully. Would you then concede that she would be a viable character? Or does the gap have to go too?
Yes. I don't even care about her damage. For me personally if only B123 was safe that would be good enough for me. B12 being safe would be much better but some say that would be too good.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hooray! Supergirl players rejoice. We all have come to 1 agreement that we think the damage is fine, just pleaaaaaaseeee give us something safeeeeee thnx Lord Paulo
If they do change her damage, leave everything else the same. She doesn't need both. And I would much much MUCH more prefer B12 or at least B123 being -5 than having better damage.

So Supergirl players how would ya'll feel if 212 had increased range and is special cancel-able like other restands ex. Atrocitous and blue beetle.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I actually said that she needed more safety after like week 1 or 2.

I'd just change b123 & leave b12 as it is because it would make her mind game scheme a bit better. Players should be rewarded for making the right read. So let that stay.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Depends on the damage philisophy if the game imo. If characters are allowed to keep their 50% damage, she will need a bit more (she doesn't need to be doing 50% on a touch -- but 40% would be nice).

If the damage on the whole is scaled back, then as long as she's within the average range she should be ok.

She's highly meter dependent, so if she's going to have to spend meter to stay safe on block, she should at least do enough damage to make it worthwhile.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So Supergirl players how would ya'll feel if 212 had increased range and is special cancel-able like other restands ex. Atrocitous and blue beetle.
I don't think she needs it. Take away the gap in b12~special, slight decrease in damage scaling, and she'll be in a very good place.

Last edited:
I don't think she needs it. Take away the gap in b12~special, slight decrease in damage scaling, and she'll be in a very good place.
it wasnt about does she need it or not it was just a fun post what you think she could do with something like that. I agree she doesnt need it though just wondering.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Unfortunately the things in the video do not solve her core problems and the damage difference is not very significant. I don't think she can ever be considered a good character when she is so lacking in mixup and pressure while also being terribly unsafe at the same time. Her mobility, lasers, and range are all great, but that can only do so much.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Unfortunately the things in the video do not solve her core problems and the damage difference is not very significant. I don't think she can ever be considered a good character when she is so lacking in mixup and pressure while also being terribly unsafe at the same time. Her mobility, lasers, and range are all great, but that can only do so much.
We already concluded that we all believe she should be safe on something to help her out. Maybe remove the gap from b12 as well but not many ppl care about that most just want something safe at least

JDE

I'm using Harley. I have to check her frames. I think her fastest is 7f?
Harley has a 6 frame move. She can punish it. I don't remember if it's a low jab or standing. Either way, she's one of the characters who can punish it.

B12 cancelled into any special has a gap that 6f moves can punish. So it nullifies her b12 breath against a hood chunk of the cast
I think the gap might be larger. For example, I can punish b12 breathe with Cyborg's 12b2 EX PF and can do it fairly consistently. I still hate the matchup though lol

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
But is it safe on block? B12.
What if the supergirl catches on and just used b12. Is it my turn? Or can I throw a string out regardless?

JDE

But is it safe on block? B12.
What if the supergirl catches on and just used b12. Is it my turn? Or can I throw a string out regardless?
No, it's not safe on block. It is only against characters who don't have the fast enough normals, but not against Harley or others with 6 frame normals. Crimson Panther just mentioned that her standing 1 is what punishes. The moment that you block the 2nd hit of b12, you punish it.

Right, there's no stagger game with that. The only thing SG can do to punish an attempt to punish her gap or b12 stagger is b123. Which is d1 punishable and leads to a soft knockdown.

I can SOMETIMES get away with a couple b1 staggers but it's still not a real thing. Everything in her b1 series is punishable.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
supergirl is solid only thing she needs is b123 to be less negative no b12 breath gap would be nice but b123 to be less negative is all she needs

oh ana 212 being like +2 would also be nice but again ^

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
supergirl is solid only thing she needs is b123 to be less negative no b12 breath gap would be nice but b123 to be less negative is all she needs

oh ana 212 being like +2 would also be nice but again ^
No thanks on the +2 restand thing. Shed be pretty dumb in the corner. It's fine at 0

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
No thanks on the +2 restand thing. Shed be pretty dumb in the corner. It's fine at 0
they should do something with the string tho y give a useless restand it would be reasonable if she had a 6 frame poke but she doesnt. again b123 less negative is all she needs. im just starting conversation