What's new

The way we should be playing Supergirl??

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Alright guys so check it. We all know Superbae gets low damage right? Or does she? See, the issue is that when you use ice breath in combos it scales badly. So what other options do you have? MB Krytponian Force. Now i know most people will say "bro this is impractical, it only links in the corner" Well, your're wrong. It actually can link midscreen and its not really that impractical at all. Not only that, but she also CAN play gapless. With the use of f2 in the neutral. It's not a mixup like b12, but it's still an incredible neutral tool. It goes just about the same distance but the difference? You can't poke her out of her breath on block from it even with 6f D1'S. I will upload separate vids showcasing more evidence that you cannot, but also i'll add more damage potential vids as well. With this, i think its safe to say we can bury the she has NO damage argument and try and play her differently. She may still need a safer string, but she def has ways to play that we can get better reward for the troubles.

@Awkward Sloth & @ Kandarr were the two that brought these concepts to the light. So thank them not me

Using KF Over IB Advantages
.Better Damage
.Beter Meterbuild
.Safer if respected on block as apposed to using ice breath

Important Notes:
-F2 x MB KF doesn't connect fully at certain range. It will connect up close and a few hairs away. At max range if they are hit with f2 they can block the tornado portion

-She gets free jump in if they trade from f2 breath counter poke attempt

Some combos utilizing this new potential:

**Keep in mind you can do DP twice for meter build in these combos as well.**

So there you go. If you say this has been known im calling bullcrap because all i have heard was she gets NO damage(myself included) and she has gaps all over the place and unviable trash. Plus if you knew all of this and didn't post it, it's not our fault. There's two ways i just showed she can negate both issues somewhat. Have fun.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
If you're right next to the opponent to punish them, yeah use 21. Whiff punishing with 21 isn't happening unless you're right next to them since 21 doesn't have the range B1/B12 has. So essentially unless they whiff in your face with something, or you block something unsafe when they're next to you, you won't reach them with 21.

And it's 20 more damage. From 280 to 300. Not sure how that qualifies as a significant difference. The meter build is cool though, anytime I land that I do the same. You also can get airthrows in, but iirc from when I labbed it sometimes you will accidentally grab them outta the air, lol.

F2 doesn't have a gap when canceled into breath, but it is slower. 12f vs 9f with B1. So again B1 is still better in footsies, also has more range.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
theres nothing "found" here. check the combo thread for the character and you'll find 2 videos posted over a month ago with 21 xx tornado combos lul

and F2 xx breath or anyhing breath without mbing it is never a real thing, theres no mixup so idk what thats all about either no matter how bad you are at punishing it. this thread is just for the sunfire and tweedy's to feel vindicated and some new supergirl players to catch up, no new way to play here

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

If you're right next to the opponent to punish them, yeah use 21. Whiff punishing with 21 isn't happening unless you're right next to them since 21 doesn't have the range B1/B12 has. So essentially unless they whiff in your face with something, or you block something unsafe when they're next to you, you won't reach them with 21.

And it's 20 more damage. From 280 to 300. Not sure how that qualifies as a significant difference. The meter build is cool though, anytime I land that I do the same. You also can get airthrows in, but iirc from when I labbed it sometimes you will accidentally grab them outta the air, lol.

F2 doesn't have a gap when canceled into breath, but it is slower. 12f vs 9f with B1. So again B1 is still better in footsies, also has more range.
I never mentioned 21 being good as whiff punish I said as a punish in general. I'm still seeing Supergirls punish with b12 ice breath or d1 ice breath. S2 is 8f so it's more than efficient to get the job done. I also said that i wasn't doing optimal stuff off the tornado ideas just showing it should be used instead of b12 ice breath punishes

B1 is 9f sure, but f2 is only 3f slower. Like I don't see how a 12f mid with just as good range as b1 is a bad thing. Especially considering everytime you do b12 xx breath you risk being poked out for a combo which we all moan about correct? Can't have everything right?

Yeah the air grab builds less meter than reg DP but sometimes you have to take a micro step back and do the DP's so you won't hit them out of the air.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I don't think people are using the environment like they should, either. I love using the environment to net damage

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
With this, i think its safe to say we can bury the she has NO damage argument and try and play her differently.
300 damage isn't exactly a whole new way to play Supergirl :(

This isn't burying the lack of damage point, it's reinforcing it.

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

300 damage isn't exactly a whole new way to play Supergirl :(
The title is in regards to everything. A different punish besides breath combos midscreen and f2 into breath. You guys wanted a way for her to be gapless there is one. That's honestly the main point. I really dunno what y'all expect for them to do for supergirl she'll never get superman damage and she won't get the beta plus frames back

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
The title is in regards to everything. A different punish besides breath combos midscreen and f2 into breath. You guys wanted a way for her to be gapless there is one. That's honestly the main point. I really dunno what y'all expect for them to do for supergirl she'll never get superman damage and she won't get the beta plus frames back
The problem is, b12 having a low for the second hit is the only thing that stops people from just walking backward (they have to block low). If you're using f2 instead, now they're free to be mobile and just whiff punish your single normal after breath doesn't come out.

This is much riskier for not much additional damage. And slower in a game where a lot of characters have pretty fast starters.

She still needs b12 to be fixed -- this is not a replacement.

x TeeJay o

The problem is, b12 having a low for the second hit is the only thing that stops people from just walking backward (they have to block low). If you're using f2 instead, now they're free to be mobile and just whiff punish you after breath doesn't come out.

This is much riskier for not much additional damage. And slower in a game where a lot of characters have pretty fast starters.

She still needs b12 to be fixed -- this is not a replacement.
Ya I know it's not a replacement, didn't necessarily say switch everything from b12. F2 is there though so I think You should use it. The damage regardless how you look at it is higher than what she gets from breath. If you use trait mb it's significantly higher. This doesn't make supergirl any better than we already originally thought she was, these are just options that are out there that could help whenever you play her. Why are ppl acting like I said holy balls supergirl is top 5 now haha lol ya know what lemmee add a question mark to the thread title so ppl dont get it twisted

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Ya I know it's not a replacement, didn't necessarily say switch everything from b12. F2 is there though so I think You should use it. The damage regardless how you look at it is higher than what she gets from breath. If you use trait mb it's significantly higher.
It's honestly not significantly higher than typical BnB into MB trait. The average non-zoning-based character in INJ2 is doing 40-50% on a touch for a bar.

I'm aware of it all. Except the right side glitch. That's annoying.

Yeah 21 as a punish is fine I guess. 1 frame faster and leads to tornado, but also a high and leads to only 20 more damage a little more meter building.

Lol at "you Supergirl players have explaining to do"

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
The Supergirl community has to be the worst community in the entire game.
Her & Wonder Woman I would say so. I mean some of the stuff is legit (not a lot) & the others is just people being discouraged by the stuff that they're being told. Then there's some who just like to do NRS politics.

x TeeJay o

I'm aware of it all. Except the right side glitch. That's annoying.

Yeah 21 as a punish is fine I guess. 1 frame faster and leads to tornado, but also a high and leads to only 20 more damage a little more meter building.

Lol at "you Supergirl players have explaining to do"
A little more damage is better than nothing and same with the meter. Also thst comment was for the ones who think she's like the worst character in the game. I've seen some of these dudes bitching about her play her and it's no wonder why they think she's bad they might need to look at themselves lol. She's a good mid tier character man that's all I'm saying.

A little more damage is better than nothing and same with the meter. Also thst comment was for the ones who think she's like the worst character in the game. I've seen some of these dudes bitching about her play her and it's no wonder why they think she's bad they might need to look at themselves lol. She's a good mid tier character man that's all I'm saying.
No I know. I've purposely tried to keep my opinions quiet because I don't want to be associated with those players. I fell into that a few times in the past.