What's new

The TYM Awards 2017

9_Lives

Noob
I just click ignore on anyone I don't like. I think if everyone here did that this place would be a lot better, and there'd be a much smaller list of awards lol.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Huge transition in programming staff from Midway to NRS in house. NRS even existing as a company was kind of unprecedented at the time, so that first baby was definitely stitched together ugly.
yeah, definitely, no doubt about that. I wish it had better coding, though :(
Also, don't forget the cut content of MK9 (playable bosses, brutalities, etc)

Cerbero

Always down for games.
This happens once a year? i’m new here.

Also the other thread is actually funny, this one is just pathetic, more like an excuse to attack whoever you don’t like.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
@JBeezYBabY if @TopTierBarry wants to play me he can, the only one ducking is him tbh. Online is good now, even across countries usually, if he has a ps4 and and ethernet cable him and his pals can add me, get bodied free and il post it, otherwise hes the one whose ducking.
Lmfao I see you as bad at tech as you are at the game. Have you actually ever tried to connect to someone in Australia from where you are? I have, I know you haven't or you wouldn't have made a post this stupid. Australia to west coast America is at least a couple of hundred ping. Then the fact that you're east coast? It's significantly worse, and always unstable. You think the winner of bullshit lag city set means anything? You didn't challenge my online Koth's you challenged my LOCALS, so, either come to these locals and prove, or sit back down boy cause you done. You can't skip on your own challenge, duck the matches like that, and still talk shit. You doing too much. Either see me where it counts you fuckboi or stop tagging me and running your lips about how well you would do in a match you refusing to actually sit.

A true lurker would have said nothing, so you've already disqualified yourself.

They're out there though, waiting in the shadows for their time to come into the light. For a select few, that time will never come, and only they can possibly be best lurker.
(silently points to himself while in the shadows)

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Im just gonna end it here and now, i guess i have a different view on what a top player is. I think its someone who does well consistently and gives other top players a run for their money, beats them in tourney etc. The few times they do go offline they do well, anyways to anyone who views it differently i respect it, and can see where you are coming from im not gonna argue it any further because we consider, top player differently, and to the guy who said 1billion it was 1 million aktually.
On a side note @TopTierBarry yah id free you and ur aussie friends up.
Good response and I agree. I just think results are what really matters and offline is the real deal. I do think online carries weight to an extent but still not offline. Also I wasn’t kidding about the old threads. Seriously. Some community figures have posted proof they can be just as shitty as anyone else lol. Tempted to make a thread on Monday blowing up the community tbh. I’ve thought about it before but I’m reallllly tempted to now. I’d have links to old threads and exact pages and shit

Best thread nomination: My future “ ‘TYM is a cesspool’ community blowup thread”

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
A. The Forum

• best thread: Lots of good ones to pick from but TopTierBarry’s tier list thread is definitely up there. Perfect example of a dude who has no idea what he’s talking about spending 2 minutes in practice mode with each character and being like “Well I only did a standing 1 and checked one special moves but their attack stats are pretty good so top 5.”
  • worst thread: Fred Marvel’s Green Lantern buff thread, because he was there to talk about what buffs GL needed, even though everyone save like 1 person on a specific subject disagreed with him needing buffs at all. Cue him thinking GL needing buffs was a fact and at that point you might as well just leave.
  • funniest thread: Batman v Cheetah is a 9-1, no contest.
  • best quote: Probably something @Invincible Salads said that makes you rethink whether you’re playing the same game as him.
B. NRS Scene

• player of the year: Dragon of course
  • newcomer of the year: No clue because I did not follow the scene much his year, was out of the game for a while
  • upset of the year: Rip no idea
  • best match: Probably something at EVO idk man I’m trying my best here
  • funniest moment/popoff: Madzin’s popoff, that one I did get lol.
C. TYM Member Awards

• best contributions: Anybody who makes a Combo Thread and sticks to it. I once made a Joker Combo Thread and abandoned it day 1, don’t be like that.
  • friendly and helpful: @JBeezYBabY , he started with that LGBT thread that ended up leaving everyone confused, but he took everyone’s reaction to it well and he’s been pretty wholesome ever since. Also @Espio , just in general really. Good guides, good posts, good reasoning. Everything you need to be a good poster really.
  • funniest member: @Braindead . Game arrives on PC and he’s like “hey imma post again” and proceeds to make me feel how we ever survived without him.
  • most annoying member: @neveradestroyer for being a bad troll, @B. Shazzy for making the same joke 90 times and then switching to another joke to make 90 other times.
  • worst downplayer: Fred Marvel for obvious reasons. The Scarecrow community is an honorable mention though.
  • worst upplayer: @SaSSolino , because he was willing to derail every thread on TYM to make sure people knew Supergirl was top 5 from day 1 lmao. Honorable mention is me, because I’m the only Raiden player who thinks he’s not complete dogshit lol

i will close this thread in 2 weeks or something and then edit the template from the opening post and fill it with the results.

it seems so far that @Espio will be the contributor of the year and shazzy the funniest lul

trufenix

bye felicia
yeah, definitely, no doubt about that. I wish it had better coding, though :(
Also, don't forget the cut content of MK9 (playable bosses, brutalities, etc)
It would not surprise me to learn that's how a lot of their games are. We love the games, but there's no guarantee these guys are actual genius intellect programmers. I've worked on smaller dev staffs that have failed and it gets ugly pretty quick, I can't imagine how much bubble gum and duct tape is involved in a big one.