What's new

The TYM Awards 2017

"NRS SCENE ON FIRE BECAUSE TWEETS AND HURT FEELINGS" thread was god tier in a kinda "so bad its good" wat.

Shazzy isn't funny.

The "worst downplayer" should be a 100-way tie consisting of the entire Supergirl subforum.

Dragon is player of the year.

Best match is still Whiteboi vs King at CEO

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
C. TYM Member Awards
  • friendly and helpful: @JBeezYBabY , he started with that LGBT thread that ended up leaving everyone confused, but he took everyone’s reaction to it well and he’s been pretty wholesome ever since.
I mean, I'm gay as fuck. I don't think there's any confusion on THAT lol. But thank you so much for the awesome mention. Makes my lil gay heart warm. Awwwww :l:qtl:D:qtr:r

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Whatever I said turned out true though.
Let's be real though, you can't go "I told you so" when pre-buff Supergirl wasn't as dominant
I mean, I'm gay as fuck. I don't think there's any confusion on THAT lol. But thank you so much for the awesome mention. Makes my lil gay heart warm. Awwwww :l:qtl:D:qtr:r
Well it wasn't that anyone was confused about that, it was more that everyone was like "who the hell cares" in that thread. Some were a bit too heavy about not caring, but in the end it was just that we're all fighting game players and the only thing that really matters is whether you're nice/a douche, or good/bad as a player.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Let's be real though, you can't go "I told you so" when pre-buff Supergirl wasn't as dominant

Well it wasn't that anyone was confused about that, it was more that everyone was like "who the hell cares" in that thread. Some were a bit too heavy about not caring, but in the end it was just that we're all fighting game players and the only thing that really matters is whether you're nice/a douche, or good/bad as a player.
Uncle JBeezY was just fuggin' wit' ya ;) I knew what u meant. And TRUST, I knew I would get that reaction from some people. I live life like that. Some people are gonna love or hate you. If they love me, awesome! Give me a HUG! If people hate me, I don't waste my time trying to understand why, because that's there problem not mine!

I'm just thankful that on this site I have been embraced more than hated by simply just being me. And that's RIGHTEOUS :l:qtl:D:qtr:r

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
where the fuck is my vote? im the freaking oracle remember i guess that the ninja turtles will be dlc i need a got damn award lol. plus i like to engage with people and stick my head in places they dont belong.

A. The Forum

• best thread: Lots of good ones to pick from but TopTierBarry’s tier list thread is definitely up there. Perfect example of a dude who has no idea what he’s talking about spending 2 minutes in practice mode with each character and being like “Well I only did a standing 1 and checked one special moves but their attack stats are pretty good so top 5.”
  • worst thread: Fred Marvel’s Green Lantern buff thread, because he was there to talk about what buffs GL needed, even though everyone save like 1 person on a specific subject disagreed with him needing buffs at all. Cue him thinking GL needing buffs was a fact and at that point you might as well just leave.
  • funniest thread: Batman v Cheetah is a 9-1, no contest.
  • best quote: Probably something @Invincible Salads said that makes you rethink whether you’re playing the same game as him.
B. NRS Scene

• player of the year: Dragon of course
  • newcomer of the year: No clue because I did not follow the scene much his year, was out of the game for a while
  • upset of the year: Rip no idea
  • best match: Probably something at EVO idk man I’m trying my best here
  • funniest moment/popoff: Madzin’s popoff, that one I did get lol.
C. TYM Member Awards

• best contributions: Anybody who makes a Combo Thread and sticks to it. I once made a Joker Combo Thread and abandoned it day 1, don’t be like that.
  • friendly and helpful: @JBeezYBabY , he started with that LGBT thread that ended up leaving everyone confused, but he took everyone’s reaction to it well and he’s been pretty wholesome ever since. Also @Espio , just in general really. Good guides, good posts, good reasoning. Everything you need to be a good poster really.
  • funniest member: @Braindead . Game arrives on PC and he’s like “hey imma post again” and proceeds to make me feel how we ever survived without him.
  • most annoying member: @neveradestroyer for being a bad troll, @B. Shazzy for making the same joke 90 times and then switching to another joke to make 90 other times.
  • worst downplayer: Fred Marvel for obvious reasons. The Scarecrow community is an honorable mention though.
  • worst upplayer: @SaSSolino , because he was willing to derail every thread on TYM to make sure people knew Supergirl was top 5 from day 1 lmao. Honorable mention is me, because I’m the only Raiden player who thinks he’s not complete dogshit lol
nice!
regarding best newcomer, look for yammini matches @viennality!
that was unexpected and amazing

Cerbero

Always down for games.
"NRS SCENE ON FIRE BECAUSE TWEETS AND HURT FEELINGS" thread was god tier in a kinda "so bad its good" wat.

Shazzy isn't funny.

The "worst downplayer" should be a 100-way tie consisting of the entire Supergirl subforum.

It was more pathetic actually, that thread only hurt our cause/ relationship with the Devs. It couldn’t be a good thing for us.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

Shazzy isn't funny.

Yo for real somebody please give the “King of clickbait” award to Storms and give Pig the award for “Most diaper changes needed over a single tweet” lol.

Goes without say I’m with everyone trying to get you the “Best noob” award, @JBeezYBabY, but even if you wind up the runner-up to anyone else I hope you know in your gay little heart you at least won the “Most fashionable Sub-Zero” award free lol.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yo for real somebody please give the “King of clickbait” award to Storms and give Pig the award for “Most diaper changes needed over a single tweet” lol.

Goes without say I’m with everyone trying to get you the “Best noob” award, @JBeezYBabY, but even if you wind up the runner-up to anyone else I hope you know in your gay little heart you at least won the “Most fashionable Sub-Zero” award free lol.
HAHAHAH! I mean....THEM DIMPLES! How come nobody sees that Sub Zero has the cutest damn dimples in Injustice? But Im glad YOU see it hahah. Appreciate the love my White Black brotha. Altho....u do sound White as fuck online LOL

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I literally said that safety and lack of damage were her only weaknesses and buffing her would have been a mistake. Making her top 1 free.

I even said that she was too much of an explosive character and that, even though gimmicks, even high level players would fall for her stuff. Namely her fuzzy blockable b2 50/50s.

I mean I am no clairvoyant, but that was as close as it gets.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
where the fuck is my vote? im the freaking oracle remember i guess that the ninja turtles will be dlc i need a got damn award lol. plus i like to engage with people and stick my head in places they dont belong.
Giving props for a guess is like saying ‘nice blocks’ after someone blocks a 50/50. I mean sure great that he blocked it, but he had no clue if he was gonna
I literally said that safety and lack of damage were her only weaknesses and buffing her would have been a mistake. Making her top 1 free.

I even said that she was too much of an explosive character and that, even though gimmicks, even high level players would fall for her stuff. Namely her fuzzy blockable b2 50/50s.

I mean I am no clairvoyant, but that was as close as it gets.
Oops that was one of those 'writing a post but dropping it because it's not entirely right, but the TYM site saved it anyway' posts. There were some signs as to Supergirl becoming strong if she got buffed, but honestly I just don't like it when people go 'I told you so' which is why I attempted to drop it.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Oops that was one of those 'writing a post but dropping it because it's not entirely right, but the TYM site saved it anyway' posts. There were some signs as to Supergirl becoming strong if she got buffed, but honestly I just don't like it when people go 'I told you so' which is why I attempted to drop it.
And to think that I'm such an 'I told you so' fan...

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
is there an offline scene there?
Yeah there is, a pretty small one unfortunately, but we did several locals for MKX there. There are a couple of really strong players in addition to Yammini. Their names are Hidra and Harukaze, both are really strong.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
Lol I'm not deciding anything, I'm explaining myself. Chill out dude.

As I've said, everything that went down in the last couple just came together one after the other. This was all just a pure coincidence. As I've said I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I hope that we can come to understanding and put all of that behind us. :)
Actually you made the statement "I am not annoying" which is basically just deciding for yourself. Protip: when people say something bad about you, just ignore it. If you post 20 times saying how not annoying u are and "im out" or "thats all I have to say about that" at end of every post, doesn't do you any favors. Anywho, nice sub set and grats on trophy!

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Actually you made the statement "I am not annoying" which is basically just deciding for yourself. Protip: when people say something bad about you, just ignore it. If you post 20 times saying how not annoying u are and "im out" or "thats all I have to say about that" at end of every post, doesn't do you any favors. Anywho, nice sub set and grats on trophy!
Thanks for the feedback bro :).