What's new

The TYM Awards 2017

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Dude, Knicks is an amazing player. You’re kinda making the term a little more exclusive than it is. A “top player” is pretty much just someone who is consistently doing well in tournaments they attend. Knicks hasn’t been a top player as long as those other guys, but as far as Injustice 2 is concerned, I think he absolutely is a top player.
I mean to each his own. I don't recall seeing his name at the top of standings in the major tourneys or wotg that often. I never said he wasn't an amazing player i know he is. I even said that. I just think top player means more than what he mentioned. But this is throwing the thread off topic. I'll just stop here

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
That's cute and all, but nlbc is a local correct? I don't think that holds any type of weight compared to actual majors. Hometown heroes is a good win, but I don't recall any really amazing competition outside of tweedy,nub,soundslikepause,dink, and maybe a few others. Beating whiteboi fresh off his CEO win technically doesn't mean you are a new level of a player, you gotta consistently get top 8's or win tournaments in some form. Also being the best Darkseid doesn't mean you're a top player either. You both are really good players, most likely better than me even. But the word "top" player gets thrown around pretty loosely nowadays and I feel like that's the pro players faults. Imo to be a top player you gotta be consistent in some way or form. Not make 1 top 8, or win a local, or win 1 or 2 events with light comp. I mean hell at least make top 16/8 at evo or a big major or 2 before even considering being called a top player.

Sonic
Dragon
Theo
Semiij
Hyatei
Forever King
Tekken Master
Foxy Grampa
Gross
Whiteboi

They are the only actual top players I think .
People by your logic arent top players
Buffalo
Rewind
Nubcakes
Omgxbdon
Except they all are including myself,we cant travel as much,every offline event i have been too i have done very well. You are talking about the very cream of the crop, but to say those are the only top players isnt true lol. Bdon went to one major and mad top 8,i went to hth and beat an evo finalist top player etc, so pls stop bruh.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'm feeling like I might have to retrospectively add Roy Arkon to that most annoying list for this thread alone. What a cuck

I'm starting to see some pretty bad/funny threads in the main feed.

Adam has no mids is about on par with early Quan chi's of MKX requesting more buffs for their top 1 character. lol
No, it's bad but it's not quite as bad as a wall of buffs for Quan when he was S+ tier

Best thread on TYM is the SFV thread, FREE AS FUCK. I mean it has outlived any other thread on this forum. There was a time not too long ago where if it wasn't for that thread there would have been ZERO activity here at all. It has funny pages, helpful pages,etc. Regardless I'm glad the forum has much activity now.
2016 thread though

Dude, Knicks is an amazing player. You’re kinda making the term a little more exclusive than it is. A “top player” is pretty much just someone who is consistently doing well in tournaments they attend. Knicks hasn’t been a top player as long as those other guys, but as far as Injustice 2 is concerned, I think he absolutely is a top player.
Shit, add my name to the top players list then if this is the criteria, because I've been dominating the shit out of locals. I live in Australia and there is next to no competition, but there's small locals and I been aceing everybody when we play so top player it is

Serious tho On a related note, claiming your a top player when your basically unknown just because you won locals is so stupid. That just means your a top player at your locals, which may or may not mean anything depending on who is local to you, and definitely doesn't mean you're a top player out of everyone playing the game

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Nah man lol. Locals and being the best with your character def doesn’t earn you a “top player title” lol. Hometown heroes is legit tho. Idk I personally wouldn’t use the first two as arguments
Ok hth and eleague and im talking bout the time i beat whiteboi and double eliminated him,granted it wasnt a major or anything obvi but whiteboi was trying and he got salty, my point is i can compete with most high level players and the few times ive been offline ive competed/beaten them etc

x TeeJay o

People by your logic arent top players
Buffalo
Rewind
Nubcakes
Omgxbdon
Except they all are including myself,we cant travel as much,every offline event i have been too i have done very well. You are talking about the very cream of the crop, but to say those are the only top players isnt true lol. Bdon went to one major and mad top 8,i went to hth and beat an evo finalist top player etc, so pls stop bruh.
With all due respect,no they aren't either. I would say you guys are high level competitors though no doubt. Being a top player should have a major implication to it not just being a really good player that does well here and there. I understand the travel situation but if you wanna be the best or a top player you gotta travel. I can't win 2 locals, make 2 wotg top 8's, and beat gunny,reo,dragon, and theo in a few online sets and then walk around and say hey guise im a top player now. Naw i gotta put in more work than that.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I'm feeling like I might have to retrospectively add Roy Arkon to that most annoying list for this thread alone. What a cuck

No, it's bad but it's not quite as bad as a wall of buffs for Quan when he was S+ tier

2016 thread though

Shit, add my name to the top players list then if this is the criteria, because I've been dominating the shit out of locals. I live in Australia and there is next to no competition, but there's small locals and I been aceing everybody when we play so top player it is

Serious tho On a related note, claiming your a top player when your basically unknown just because you won locals is so stupid. That just means your a top player at your locals, which may or may not mean anything depending on who is local to you, and definitely doesn't mean you're a top player out of everyone playing the game
Well nlbc isnt some random local in australia with bums,im talking coach steve,grr,punk,whiteboi,sonic,king,etc the times ive done well and most ive won and these are all people who have won placed top 8 and top 16 at tournies i won hth made eleague etc

Tweedy

Noob
I've made 0 wotg top 8s so far this season, but those who have deserve credit. Those brackets are like double as deep as the last few premieres. That has to count as something even though it's online.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nah man lol. Locals and being the best with your character def doesn’t earn you a “top player title” lol. Hometown heroes is legit tho. Idk I personally wouldn’t use the first two as arguments
First of all, I didn’t mention locals or being the best with your character. Secondly, why does it matter if it’s a local? All that matters is the quality of the competition. NLBC usually (or used to when I was watching) has great players there.

What is more impressive. Winning a 32 man local with 30 top players? Or winning a 100 man major with 2 top players?

The point is, all that really matters is the quality of the competition. Not the prestige of the tournament, and not the quantity of competition.

@TopTierBarry See above.

x TeeJay o

Well nlbc isnt some random local in australia with bums,im talking coach steve,grr,punk,whiteboi,sonic,king,etc the times ive done well and most ive won and these are all people who have won placed top 8 and top 16 at tournies i won hth made eleague etc
To further my point you mentioned rewind,bdon,and buffalo.

Rewind tourney results(offline)
Evo -33rd
E-Leauge -5th
SCR-9TH
Absolute Battle -13th

Buffalo
CEO- 25TH
Combo Breaker-25th

B Don
ECT-7th

Emperor Knicks
E-Leauge 7th
Gamestop Hometown Heroes 1st
NLBC Locals- 1 Billion

Those results absolutely do not say that these are top players. I Could add WOTG, but it would be pointless seeing as none of you won a week before so yea..

Last edited:

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Im just gonna end it here and now, i guess i have a different view on what a top player is. I think its someone who does well consistently and gives other top players a run for their money, beats them in tourney etc. The few times they do go offline they do well, anyways to anyone who views it differently i respect it, and can see where you are coming from im not gonna argue it any further because we consider, top player differently, and to the guy who said 1billion it was 1 million aktually.
On a side note @TopTierBarry yah id free you and ur aussie friends up.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
To further my point you mentioned rewind,bdon,and buffalo.

Rewind tourney results(offline)
Evo -33rd
E-Leauge -5th
SCR-9TH
Absolute Battle -13th

Buffalo
CEO- 2TH
Combo Breaker-25th

B Don
ECT-7th

Emperor Knicks
E-Leauge 7th
Gamestop Hometown Heroes 1st
NLBC Locals- 1 Billion

Those results absolutely do not say that these are top players. I Could add WOTG, but it would be pointless seeing as none of you won a week before so yea..
Rewind has won 1weekss of wotg and buffalo 2.