What's new

Tech The Stock Market Returns: Post Final Round Edition

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I was not arguing about Reptile as a character. I couldn't care where he places in tournaments or on the tier list, I have fun playing him. I am arguing the fact that 16 Bit comes out and says the Reptile community doesn't know the character as well as he does yet he doesn't know Reptile.

I was arguing to get some actual discussion going about the mechanics of Reptiles game play instead of the sheep on TYM hearing 16 Bit say 'dash and forceball' and THTB saying 'do stupid shit' and take it as the gospel and the answer to Reptiles problems.

As of yet King Hippo and PerfectMindGame are the only 2 to actually talk about Reptiles mechanics past 'dash and forceball' and thank christ for it.
I think you just need to accept what they're saying as speaking in general FG terms, not Reptile specific setups, which is what you want?

You're taking a different type of argument and fighting it in a different context. The argument can never be resolved this way.

ChrisG is applying fundamental FG strategies excellently and that's what's being commended. IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: RYX

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Dude you just posted a video of a Reptile doing exactly what everybody else has been saying and almost winning because of that. Look how much mileage he got out of JUST dash, forceball and jumping.

Stop proving my points.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
people need to realize that when top players do "dumb shit" its not actually dumb. Its calculated risk, there are still footsies involved. They are able to think so fast and understand how the opponent will react that when it looks like they are doing stupid shit, they are actually baiting, spacing, and punishing. Pig will shoulder me out of the startup of my kabal spin animation...Its a fucking reaction that I didn't think he could do but he does. Reptile can do the same thing when they see someone move...and it causes an intense shift in the meta-game instantly.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
A video of a good strategy that makes it difficult for Reptile. Cage was waiting for him to do something and it worked.

Lets look at this one then:
It looks like a vid of some jobber vs chris geezus, I heard that guy doesn't even own a copy of mk9 yet still remains relevant while winning Marvel

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Dude you just posted a video of a Reptile doing exactly what everybody else has been saying and almost winning because of that. Look how much mileage he got out of JUST dash, forceball and jumping.

Stop proving my points.
Yeah man, he lost like a pro.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
this is true, he had all these invisible setups and he had some ''new'' stuff to his game. he is still playing the game and he at the very least goes to the lab like every week.
lol these setups are so easy
Reptile players (outside of Mr. G) just are afriad of being dash punished, which is a shame.
I know it is true... go look at the discussion on the forums. You have to literally play MK like a complete an utter idiot to use reptile, and no one quite understands that.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
You are literally saying just because he lost a heated set 2-1 that the argument is invalid. Good fuckin lord man.
You're saying because he made it close dash and forceball is the answer. I am not saying it is invalid, im saying there are massive holes in it which aren't being capitalized on because that isn't the best way to play the match-up.

Jumping around has nothing to do with it. Yeah he gets some set-ups to allow him to jump-in, that's fine, it's a set-up that's great. But if you're standing at jump distance and watching him waiting for reptile to do something, it's terrifying. He doesn't have anything to open you up with.

You're saying how to win with Reptile and i'm saying how to beat Reptile.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Those crazy gga guys, always hyping me up. But I do plan on using reptile a bit more, along with human cyrax w/robo to complete my triforce of un-counterability.

Sent from my phone, using the keypad.

lol these setups are so easy
Reptile players (outside of Mr. G) just are afriad of being dash punished, which is a shame.
I know it is true... go look at the discussion on the forums. You have to literally play MK like a complete an utter idiot to use reptile, and no one quite understands that.
yeah they are easy but you dont just throw them out just like that, it shows he did work on something.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Those crazy gga guys, always hyping me up. But I do plan on using reptile a bit more, along with human cyrax w/robo to complete my triforce of un-counterability.

Sent from my phone, using the keypad.
I freaking love playing human cyrax. Him, robo, and reptile is a great team.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
yeah they are easy but you dont just throw them out just like that, it shows he did work on something.
what?
All you have to do is go watch another good reptile to find his 3 good setups.

He's just a GREAT player who doesn't play MK. The MK players are too afraid of their own character. True Story.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
You're saying because he made it close dash and forceball is the answer. I am not saying it is invalid, im saying there are massive holes in it which aren't being capitalized on because that isn't the best way to play the match-up.

Jumping around has nothing to do with it. Yeah he gets some set-ups to allow him to jump-in, that's fine, it's a set-up that's great. But if you're standing at jump distance and watching him waiting for reptile to do something, it's terrifying. He doesn't have anything to open you up with.

You're saying how to win with Reptile and i'm saying how to beat Reptile.
Yes the hole being CHRIS G KNOWS ZILCH ABOUT THE GAME.

Can you imagine taking that fuckin frenzy and applying an MK player's knowledge of the engine to it? I fear the day that happens.

So wait wait, the big flaw with Reptile is that if someone is standing at attention to counter jumping, he's stymied? Have you not been paying attention to what people have been saying about today's metagame?

what?

He's just a GREAT player who doesn't play MK. The MK players are too afraid of their own character. True Story.
dude u dont just watch something in a video and proceed to do it at a tournament you go to the lab first even if it is just 10 minutes of practice.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yes the hole being CHRIS G KNOWS ZILCH ABOUT THE GAME.

Can you imagine taking that fuckin frenzy and applying an MK player's knowledge of the engine to it? I fear the day that happens.

So wait wait, the big flaw with Reptile is that if someone is standing at attention to counter jumping, he's stymied? Have you not been paying attention to what people have been saying about today's metagame?
Enlighten me.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
what?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
dude u dont just watch something in a video and proceed to do it at a tournament you go to the lab first even if it is just 10 minutes of practice.
really?
cuz reptile is pretty easy to do his setups.... especially if you understand ANYTHING about him.

And 10 minutes of practice isn't "he plays mk" .... so you are just furthering my point.