What's new

Tech The Stock Market Returns: Post Final Round Edition

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Cool. Now Reptile's have the knowledge that force ball and dash and jumping is the tech they need to win UFGT.

Go make it so.
No, but have you ever thought that a lot of Reptile players are saying they are 'above' dashing and jumping around? It's that dumbass mindset that is keeping you all from doing anything of note and why there is only one. And all it took was him not knowing the game. Go figure.

Here's another thing Chris G takes advantage of.
When you watch him play, please take notice of how "off" his timing is when he does...anything.
Nothing is fluid in movement with him, always pauses and makes things awkward.

That is how to Chris G

RYX

BIG PUSHER
No, but have you ever thought that a lot of Reptile players are saying they are 'above' dashing and jumping around? It's that dumbass mindset that is keeping you all from doing anything of note and why there is only one. And all it took was him not knowing the game. Go figure.
Frame data really fucks up perspective sometimes.

Will MIT take the Reptile challenge? Play all Reptile at NCR.
now you know it is almost impossible for me to play "one" character in a tournament, the smallest i have ever played is two. But will I use reptile? that certainly isn't an issue at all. So will i take this challenge? might as well because i need to show ppl wassup, but like i said before, all the props in the world to chris g doing well with reptile, i'll always respect him for not really even taking this game seriously, but still doing fairly well every tournament he goes to.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Here's another thing Chris G takes advantage of.
When you watch him play, please take notice of how "off" his timing is when he does...anything.
Nothing is fluid in movement with him, always pauses and makes things awkward.

That is how to Chris G

If being off with your timing and fucking things up makes you god as Reptile, then I'm going to EVO and winning the whole shabang.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
KingHippo

You are wasting your breath. Reptile downplayers refuse to listen.

Phosferrax

Im a bad player (just went 1-2 at FR). If i start reptile today, and use him in 2 months at UFGT, what place do I need to get for the reptiles to buy in? Get out of pools? Top 8? Finals? Win at all?

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
KingHippo

You are wasting your breath. Reptile downplayers refuse to listen.
I'm actually exhausting my fingers, but you're right. One more thing and then I'm peacing out.

This is local AZ player Mr. E against Pig from SCR. He's a relatively newer player who mainly plays Sonya but def plays a healthy amount of Reptile on the side. Notice that he mainly dashes and does forceball and jumps some. Look how close these games were. Now given exp I guarantee the runback would be even closer. Think about that.

If you're referring to my comment, I'm talking about tournament gameplay. As in whatshername, nubcakes, joker, tl, me, etc. I still consider showtime the 2nd best, but he hasn't used reptile in a while, and if you think chris g is the best as far as the tournament scene is concerned, then you haven't even seen all the other tournament scene reptiles. And you know nothing about the character either, apparently.
top 3 reptiles as far as results go and i dnt want to cause drama so no order: me, showtime, chris g.

*waits for dash*
*5 seconds later...10...15...20... and nothing*

You're slowly losing health via chip and Reptile is gaining meter via block damage dealt.

Simply waiting for a dash to punish eliminates your offense, and the moment you think it's safe, DASH.
Not to mention, but *especially characters without sometype of teleport*, force balls eliminate footsie/offensive game as well.
I hate when players say all you gotta do is block his dash and punish.

Not to mention he has a great d4 poke which can follow up with the overhead ball that jails. That sets him up for a dash if the player tries to poke out, but most times, the player might anticipate the dash, and eat chip damage instead. Chris G has changed is game up for sure, he did great.

But Reptile is ridiculously good.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
top 3 reptiles as far as results go and i dnt want to cause drama so no order: me, showtime, chris g.
Maloch, you have to run some sets with Nubcakes @ Vindication, this kid has a sick ass Rep. He just can't make it out to many tourneys, as he plays gigs with his band on the weekend.

Maloch, you have to run some sets with Nubcakes @ Vindication, this kid has a sick ass Rep. He just can't make it out to many tourneys, as he plays gigs with his band on the weekend.
for sure man, vegas definitely plans on getting out there for mk and injustice(dat $500 cash pot tho), and for now on i shall go into tournaments as Lord Maloch!!! haha. But MIT will stil be apart of my name.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
lol these setups are so easy
Reptile players (outside of Mr. G) just are afriad of being dash punished, which is a shame.
I know it is true... go look at the discussion on the forums. You have to literally play MK like a complete an utter idiot to use reptile, and no one quite understands that.
I'm not. It hurts if I'm wrong, but I have to dash as an attack sometime. There's no threat of what the move could do if I'm not using it for that. It's a risk, but everything anyone does is risky in some way.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Timing is everything.

People seeing Chris G playing and saying "all you have to do is dash and jump" is like seeing PL at EVO and saying "all you have to do is tele 3". It works for specific people because of when and where they do it; and if you don't have their timing, you'll do it and get blown up.

Do you really watch Sonic Fox and think "all I have to do is pick Mileena and ..." because if you do, I'mma let you finish, but Sonic Fox is one of the greatest risky players of all time.

You can't muffinmuggers your way to top 8.. It has to be combined with some other sort of skills.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
GRieVeR_SKeiTH- stock fraudulent, refuses to perform in any situation. Relegated to bottom-tier. Will be confirmed officially on blast status when going two and out at Fall Classic in his hometown.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
If you're referring to my comment, I'm talking about tournament gameplay. As in whatshername, nubcakes, joker, tl, me, etc. I still consider showtime the 2nd best, but he hasn't used reptile in a while, and if you think chris g is the best as far as the tournament scene is concerned, then you haven't even seen all the other tournament scene reptiles. And you know nothing about the character either, apparently.
What other tournament-going Reptile's have placed higher than Chris G or Showtime?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
What other tournament-going Reptile's have placed higher than Chris G or Showtime?
Depends in what tournament. I've been top 8 in a bunch, and top 25 at dallas. Joker and TL have been top 16 in many tournaments. Do you even pay attention to them?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Depends in what tournament. I've been top 8 in a bunch, and top 25 at dallas. Joker and TL have been top 16 in many tournaments. Do you even pay attention to them?
I'm not the one trying to prove a point here man and I honestly don't know because no I don't watch every single MK tournament. I watch the Majors of which I'm aware of because as far as I know those are the tournaments where there is the highest average skill level and most high-level players. Top 25 at a Major (Dallas) doesn't mean much in this argument, wouldn't you agree? Were Joker and TL's at Majors?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I'm not the one trying to prove a point here man and I honestly don't know because no I don't watch every single MK tournament. I watch the Majors of which I'm aware of because as far as I know those are the tournaments where there is the highest average skill level and most high-level players. Top 25 at a Major (Dallas) doesn't mean much in this argument, wouldn't you agree? Were Joker and TL's at Majors?
Yes they were, TL was top 25 at dallas and top 13 at raleigh. Treadmill was 17th in columbus. Nubcakes got 32 at SCR. Chris G was top 32 at SCR and top 16 at WB. Those are the Majors more majors I can remember.