What's new

Tech The Stock Market Returns: Post Final Round Edition

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I've already explained the difference.

The MKC Reptiles, like Joker just a few posts ago, see the dash reward as 11%. So the risk vs. reward is a binary 11% if it hits and death if blocked. This is bad fg logic. This is not how Chris G sees the dash.

We're also hearing about how Reptile has like no options for pressure. Oh man all I can do is attack/throw mixup. You mean what I do with Kitana.

Flagg

Noob
Well the next offline casuals I go to, I shall play the game standing on my head, looking at anything but the TV, smashing my fist into the pad because that will win me matches.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It's the same reason Lao does so well; stupid, unpredictable, dumb bullshit. It's that stuff that you're like "How did I get hit by that stupid shit" and it gets you real mad, so you start trying to scout for it, and then you open up his other options and you're just letting him do whatever the fuck he wants and he's just having a jolly old time.

I'm an online scrub though so I'm sure you'll use that to derail the argument because online warriors don't know shit.
Im sure saying you're an online scrub isn't going to help your argument.

What I'm saying is that Reptile isn't like any other character because he doesn't have a regular dash, so you can't compare is gimmicky stuff to Kung Lao's all-round mobility and the reward he gets from that greatly outways Reptile reward. Clearly no one knows about playing reptile properly (including myself) but I will not let Bit say he has the answer when he is spouting transparent notions that he doesn't fully understand.

edit: GGA 16 Bit

The only clear difference between mkc reptile and Chris is that Chris doesn't give fuck all about what happens. Full screen throw balls. Only when there's a slow ball approaching does he come in. He'll do what he wants, and somehow goes full screen again. Repeat

Im sure saying you're an online isn't going to help your argument.

What I'm saying is that Reptile isn't like any other character because he doesn't have a regular dash, so you can't compare is gimmicky stuff to Kung Lao's all-round mobility and the reward he gets from that greatly outways Reptile reward. Clearly no one knows about playing reptile properly (including myself) but I will not let Bit say he has the answer when he is spouting transparent bullshit that he doesn't know anything about.
"I have no idea how to play Reptile properly, and the person who is most successful with him is playing him wrong."
... wut?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
"I have no idea how to play Reptile properly, and the person who is most successful with him is playing him wrong."
... wut?
Your post was so moronic i'm debating whether to reply or not.

Ok, I said no one knows how to play him properly, but I understand his mechanics more than Bit.

Please don't be an idiot.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
He doesn't need a regular dash. He has the special move dash and the Mileena d+4. Haven't we established he makes you block? That's how he gets in.

Your post was so moronic i'm debating whether to reply or not.

Ok, I said no one knows how to play him properly, but I understand his mechanics more than Bit.

Please don't be an idiot.
bit's not claiming to know how to play reptile, he's claiming that chris g knows how to play reptile better than the mkc and making observations of what Chris does that the mkc doesnt. that seems like a far better argument than yours because it has the force of empirical success. Your argument is somewhat theoretical and practically disproven. you're claiming x are the character's limitations that mean that he cant do what Bit is claiming that chris G does, but chris g ACTUALLY DOES those things. you simply dont want to accept that you're wrong.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Once again the issue is a complete lack of feeling the other player out and instead crunching out scenarios of how to play footsies. Y'all are dense.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
He doesn't need a regular dash. He has the special move dash and the Mileena d+4. Haven't we established he makes you block? That's how he gets in.
Of course he needs a regular dash. Half the time the advantage off his d+4 can't be properly used because he can't dash up to you.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
bit's not claiming to know how to play reptile, he's claiming that chris g knows how to play reptile better than the mkc and making observations of what Chris does that the mkc doesnt. that seems like a far better argument than yours because it has the force of empirical success. Your argument is somewhat theoretical and practically disproven. you're claiming x are the character's limitations that mean that he cant do what Bit is claiming that chris G does, but chris g ACTUALLY DOES those things. you simply dont want to accept that you're wrong.
Bit has simply said dash and forceball makes you, which is as vague as his knowledge of Reptile. I've said until he can elaborate that isn't an argument because that's how you play Reptile, yet he just says dahs and force ball again. You clearly haven't listened to anything I've said thus far, so i'm not going to keep responding to you.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Once again the issue is a complete lack of feeling the other player out and instead crunching out scenarios of how to play footsies. Y'all are dense.
Another vague notion of something you don't understand.

If someone can actually tell the Reptile players what Chris G is doing differently other than just saying 'dash and forceball' i'm sure they will listen, but as of yet no one has.

Bit has simply said dash and forceball makes you, which is as vague as his knowledge of Reptile. I've said until he can elaborate that isn't an argument because that's how you play Reptile, yet he just says dahs and force ball again. You clearly haven't listened to anything I've said thus far, so i'm not going to keep responding to you.
perhaps you shouldnt respond to anyone then? maybe it really is that simple? entirely possible MKC overcomplicates playing a character that is crafted so differently than the rest of the cast.

Flagg

Noob
I believe what Phos is asking for are what kind of set ups/strings/mix ups is Reptile v. Chris G doing, with pro's and con's.

All he has gotten so far is "just dont give a fvck" which is no explanation, however Killin Natzees is a reasonable member so maybe he had something of substance a page or so back?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
perhaps you shouldnt respond to anyone then? maybe it really is that simple? entirely possible MKC overcomplicates playing a character that is crafted so differently than the rest of the cast.
Maybe I shouldn't as it appears no one listens.

A character that is so unique cannot be compared to the rest of the cast as all the non-reptile players are doing. Maybe it is a simply case, maybe it is much more complex but I've already said that none of us know how Chris G's reptile works better, but TYM doesn't need Bit sprouting vague information and saying the community is wrong when he doesn't understand fully either.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I
Another vague notion of something you don't understand.

If someone can actually tell the Reptile players what Chris G is doing differently other than just saying 'dash and forceball' i'm sure they will listen, but as of yet no one has.
It's not a vague notion of anything. I've played and beat Chris in tournament and it was by the skin of my teeth. Know why? Because he understands that ppl fold when it's all in, and frequently don't punish the dash and do stupid shit like jump onto a ball. He realizes this because he is willing to lame you out MK style, which is establishing a scary ground game then go ham getting chip by jumping in and doing blockstrings which ppl won't anti air on account of being afraid of losing the life lead even more.

The problem is we have reptile hipsters who say he has no footsies instead of using the tools he has to set up the nutty offense. It stinks, and shows a lack of the basic tenets of fighting games.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I

It's not a vague notion of anything. I've played and beat Chris in tournament and it was by the skin of my teeth. Know why? Because he understands that ppl fold when it's all in, and frequently don't punish the dash and do stupid shit like jump onto a ball. He realizes this because he is willing to lame you out MK style, which is establishing a scary ground game then go ham getting chip by jumping in and doing blockstrings which ppl won't anti air on account of being afraid of losing the life lead even more.

The problem is we have reptile hipsters who say he has no footsies instead of using the tools he has to set up the nutty offense. It stinks, and shows a lack of the basic tenets of fighting games.
Why has it taken 6 pages for something of sense like this to be said?

But the problem with that is when you come across the absolute highest level players who don't fold or fall for stupid shit, people who properly understand the MU.

LEGEND

YES!
What exactly has Chris G done with Reptile?

He's free to West Coast and Hasn't beaten a top player in ages, and even then he's only done it once or twice.

Showtime, MIT and Nubcakes are much better reptiles. Only reason Chris G is mentioned as best reptile is cause he travels all the time and beats up on lesser players. LBRH

i regret this post immediately

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I've already explained the difference.

The MKC Reptiles, like Joker just a few posts ago, see the dash reward as 11%. So the risk vs. reward is a binary 11% if it hits and death if blocked. This is bad fg logic. This is not how Chris G sees the dash.

We're also hearing about how Reptile has like no options for pressure. Oh man all I can do is attack/throw mixup. You mean what I do with Kitana.
Yeah, it is all about the threat of the dash causing you to block which opens up an array of options once the opponent is respecting it.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't see how people accept "Bird Lao" as gospel after it is laid out as a general strategy of control space with JK DK and condintion your opponent to block and not press buttons and when this is refuted the rebuttals are always "you don't understand until you play me/Foxy/some person" and this is accepted as a totally valid talking point.

Yet, when a similar, more logical argument is applied to Reptile in the fact that he gets to do things he wants by controlling space and keeping the opponent from moving/pressing a button, its unfounded and "too vague" and generic. Same with saying Chris G gets away with it for no reason.

I don't see how people accept "Bird Lao" as gospel after it is laid out as a general strategy of control space with JK DK and condintion your opponent to block and not press buttons and when this is refuted the rebuttals are always "you don't understand until you play me/Foxy/some person" and this is accepted as a totally valid talking point.

Yet, when a similar, more logical argument is applied to Reptile in the fact that he gets to do things he wants by controlling space and keeping the opponent from moving/pressing a button, its unfounded and "too vague" and generic. Same with saying Chris G gets away with it for no reason.
It's because general doesn't apply for some peple, reading posts when people refer to ChrisG in this thread or "Bird Lao" 90% of the community translate as facerolling on your controller and mashing will net you wins and is equivalent to what those general strategies try to accomplish/what ChrisG does.

At least that's what I am getting out of it, people blowing it up like you have to go complete derp mode to achieve this.