What's new

Tech The Stock Market Returns: Post Final Round Edition

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
ProTip on how to beat Chris G:

Every single time he dashes in, he's going to crossover. NJP him. I 2-0'd him no rounds #holddat, so my argument is valid. His fundamentals are good in terms of spacing and reactions, but he's quite repetitive. I think the reason people respect his options so much is because he's using the same gameplay he used when the game first came out. People are too adapted to the new level up gameplay and setups, but the classic Reptile seems to prevail against them. It's like losing to JIP uppercut online

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.

Every single time he dashes in, he's going to crossover. NJP him. I 2-0'd him no rounds #holddat
Dude, this is the same shit I used on, like, every online Reptile I ever fought (back in 2011 and early 2012). It's hilarious.

I bet I could beat Chris G. "Classic" Reptile is all I know. lmao.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

Every single time he dashes in, he's going to crossover. NJP him. I 2-0'd him no rounds #holddat, so my argument is valid. His fundamentals are good in terms of spacing and reactions, but he's quite repetitive. I think the reason people respect his options so much is because he's using the same gameplay he used when the game first came out. People are too adapted to the new level up gameplay and setups, but the classic Reptile seems to prevail against them. It's like losing to JIP uppercut online
you should hav seen my fight with chris g, first game i made his fat girlfriend get mad lol he just tried to jump, and everytime we has anti aired. 2nd and 3rd games? he literally beat me on my inability to punish dash :( he dashed 12 times i think in game 3

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's essentially the same "tactic" Kabal uses in UMK3. Kabals dash is ridiculous in UMK3, you ALWAYS have to respect it, even full screen. You only need to throw out a few "random" dashes, then your opponent will be worried about it for the rest of the matches.

It's all about conditioning. If you're a good enough fighting game player (ChrisG), you know how to condition your opponent to do what you want them to, or not do what you want them to. You don't need to be an expert in MK9 to realize when someone wants to block, and then to abuse that knowledge. Then, once you've conditioned them, you're free to expose their defense because they will always be looking for the dash, so they're not focused on whatever else you're doing.

Kabal in UMK3 gets free jump ins all the time, because you're afraid to let go of block to anti-air because you're trying to scout the dash. But the dash in UMK3 leads to 35%+ combos, what does Reptiles dash lead to in MK9?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I've already gave Skarlet her props stop bugging me about her.

Let's talk about how Kitana was NOT in the top 8 and her stock is down. Ripe for downplaying.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Jerimiah just told me when he told you everyone was demanding you make this thread that he was just lying and nobody outside of chicago said anything about it. Lol

Appealing to my love of props/forum likes was a smart tactic.

Appealing to my love of props/forum likes was a smart tactic.
Hey, when I told you everyone I talked to wanted you to make this thread I wasn't lying. I just happened to be in a car with the gga crew at the time :)

And much like the mother bird has to push their young out of the nest when they feel it is time... I felt it was time

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm not. It hurts if I'm wrong, but I have to dash as an attack sometime. There's no threat of what the move could do if I'm not using it for that. It's a risk, but everything anyone does is risky in some way.
You are the only one who doesn't get to get out alot.
its a shame. You could be 16bits other master ;)