What's new

Guide The Singularity Has Arrived --- THE Cyborg Guide

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate

A video I just made. Some people wanted to see the block stun 'infinite; IANB for a small hit box character such as night wing.
It is actually harder to do IANB on block because the frame rate starts to drop which messes up the timing. They are super easy on hit though and I could do them alllll day

I do a few IANB and some other midscreen tech with Cyborg.
Sutter Pain

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
]

A video I just made. Some people wanted to see the block stun 'infinite; IANB for a small hit box character such as night wing.
It is actually harder to do IANB on block because the frame rate starts to drop which messes up the timing. They are super easy on hit though and I could do them alllll day

I do a few IANB and some other midscreen tech with Cyborg.
Sutter Pain

very good shit bro props on the execution and the tech, thanks for sharing.

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
Good stuff man, what input do you use for the ianb, I know alioune uses 743(numpad directions) I'm wondering do you use the same

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Good stuff man, what input do you use for the ianb, I know alioune uses 743(numpad directions) I'm wondering do you use the same
I use traditional controls and literally just do UBF as best and as fast as I can. On a fight stick too and I do not have many problems. Remember that you can buffer the up just as you are landing and your next fire ball will come out with the BF motion which can be done on the first frame you are in the air.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
I use traditional controls and literally just do UBF as best and as fast as I can. On a fight stick too and I do not have many problems. Remember that you can buffer the up just as you are landing and your next fire ball will come out with the BF motion which can be done on the first frame you are in the air.
i cant do that offline i can only buffer the up online b/c of input lag

didnt see it posted anywhere but heres a quick easy corner combo

j3, 3xx db1 mb, 3xx db1 mb, 3 db1

2 bars 62% >.> ill take it.

Tyram

Noob
i'm asking the most stupid question ever but. what does 3XX mean?

also @relaxtedstate I sent you a request but it didn't work. do you mind sending me one?

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
he's pretty free when you pressure him up close, most of the time I block wait for a gap in their string then d1 into sonic disruptor. B3 if they block since the push back is pretty good and you're plus 3 so they can't dash in to interrupt it.

Chrishaspads

i'm asking the most stupid question ever but. what does 3XX mean?

also @relaxtedstate I sent you a request but it didn't work. do you mind sending me one?
The 3 is button shortcuts like 1234 and XX is cancel. So you press 3 and cancel into a novablaster or whatever.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Relaxedstate have you had a look at any potential unblockable traps in the corner with missles and b2?
Yeah. I talk about it a bit in the guide #3 corner stuff but haven't updated it with some of the more recent set-ups.
It can be really good. End a combo near the corner with 113- missiles. Charge the B2 at the same time the missiles hit. You can 1,2 as well, both lows come out in 18 frames. The real trick is to prevent their wakeup (which nullifies the reset entirely.) If you think they will wakeup attack, cancel the B2 Charge into a grapple. If you get the timing well then you will absorb their wakeup and grapple over their head for a free jump 2 attack

Chrishaspads

Yeah. I talk about it a bit in the guide #3 corner stuff but haven't updated it with some of the more recent set-ups.
It can be really good. End a combo near the corner with 113- missiles. Charge the B2 at the same time the missiles hit. You can 1,2 as well, both lows come out in 18 frames. The real trick is to prevent their wakeup (which nullifies the reset entirely.) If you think they will wakeup attack, cancel the B2 Charge into a grapple. If you get the timing well then you will absorb their wakeup and grapple over their head for a free jump 2 attack
i use b123 into missiles the b231
you use 113 because of the wake ups right?

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
How do you guys deal with blocked cross up attempts? I have trouble maintaining block pressure long enough to get me out of the ckose up game. I find his best strings aren't an option since they can be ducked and poked out of, and his mid strings are too slow. (F22 is 12f and b1 seems to whiff) :(

EDIT: This is when I have a zipline cross up blocked and want to continue pressure to get out of the up close game btw, not when someone scores a jump in on me

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Alright looks like his mid has been fixed with the patch, and looks like 2 xx SD might be a decent option. Gonna have to try these out in game. Still curious to see what you guys do though!

EDIT: Aaaaaand now I've realised what the issue is. j 2 is -4 on block and j3 0, so regardless of which mid option I choose I can be poked out of it. Sigh.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Alright looks like his mid has been fixed with the patch, and looks like 2 xx SD might be a decent option. Gonna have to try these out in game. Still curious to see what you guys do though!

EDIT: Aaaaaand now I've realised what the issue is. j 2 is -4 on block and j3 0, so regardless of which mid option I choose I can be poked out of it. Sigh.
Hey Cab, I dunno how true this. But it feels like ji2 can be cancelled into other strings like how jip's cancelled into strings in MK. I have been poked out of ji2 into standing 3 with Joker. ji2 is -3 while standing 3 is 15 frames. But if I dial it in as a single motion, I can't be poked out of, or at worst it trades. I don't know how true this, but from playing with ai on very hard (will interrupt all gaps), the ai only interrupts if I try to confirm my ji2. If you dial, the ai can't interrupt.

In that sense, ji2 on hit seems to give a lot more time to confirm and move into a string, while on block you have basically no time to confirm.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Yeah dude, you're right. That's one of those mechanics that always tends to slip my mind. Tends to feel a bit weird for me but gotta get used to it. Thanks man!