What's new

Guide The Singularity Has Arrived --- THE Cyborg Guide

SeanEXE

"Normalized"
You should've checked the older posts in the thread before posting this. There are combos that are way more optimal than this. Also it's in the strategy guide too. I appreciate you posting tech and trying to be active but just make sure you read first.

Tyram

Noob
You should've checked the older posts in the thread before posting this. There are combos that are way more optimal than this. Also it's in the strategy guide too. I appreciate you posting tech and trying to be active but just make sure you read first.
will do and thanks.

That corner combo might not be efficient or practical but god damn is it sexy. linking IAFB after the MB power fist is too good.

People should stop focusing on his iafb which isn't even practical and start realizing why this character is actually
The beast he is

Yesterday I figured out what will become his most important tool and is one of the most annoying things in the game

D1 cancelled into df2.
Being pressured? Mash 6frame normal into a full screen pushback move that completely reverses pressure if they block it since its +3

Sonic disruptor is like broken good

Also this is the optimized b3 combo midscreen:
B3, j3, rejump 2, st 2, ender of choice

Who has optimal corner b3 combos? And also optimal f3 combos plz

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
People should stop focusing on his iafb which isn't even practical and start realizing why this character is actually
The beast he is

Yesterday I figured out what will become his most important tool and is one of the most annoying things in the game

D1 cancelled into df2.
Being pressured? Mash 6frame normal into a full screen pushback move that completely reverses pressure if they block it since its +3

Sonic disruptor is like broken good

Also this is the optimized b3 combo midscreen:
B3, j3, rejump 2, st 2, ender of choice

Who has optimal corner b3 combos? And also optimal f3 combos plz
Well IANB is very practical.

But I agree with you about how messed up being able to cancel d1xx or other normals into sonic disruptor is. Gives any normal advantage and pushback. But it does not necessarily reverse pressure as cyborg isn't the best at initiating a rush down. Just great at getting out of it.

How much does your midscreen combo do?
I found f3/b3, j3, 3xx db1 MB to deal 37% in 5hits...not bad eh? lol
Standing 3 had fantastic damage scaling and should be implemented in all combos! Also plus on block....

Regardless, I have a lot of updates to this guide which will be coming this weekend. All the community input has been great thus far.

Combo I posted does I think 38 with just a db1 ender meterless

And I mean the block infinite. Of course iafbs are good but you're never going to be able to cobsistantly do ones that hit crouching over and over again. Mixing up between low iafbs, ground fireballs, high jump ex fireballs, etc is the way to go

Tyram

Noob
Combo I posted does I think 38 with just a db1 ender meterless

And I mean the block infinite. Of course iafbs are good but you're never going to be able to cobsistantly do ones that hit crouching over and over again. Mixing up between low iafbs, ground fireballs, high jump ex fireballs, etc is the way to go
Couldn't have said it better myself!

I play on a stick so that IAF tactic is pretty hard. You are going to have to mix it up. But do the fireball game as best as you can because IMO cyborg's close game is ASS. He I think all of his mid screen combos need to all end with your apponent being shot back to the other side of the screen so that you can start your fireball game all over again regardless of the match ups. I believe that as we evolve with our cyborg character play we will be able to use the one and only tactic of run away to defeat any character in the game but once again its just my opinion.

Also someone please answer me how does zip line 1 hit ahrmor work with cyborg? sometimes i get hit but sometimes I get the 1 hit ahrmor.

ALSO AN IDEA ABOUT GETTING OUT OF THE CORNER!

if your getting beaten down in the corner just use the tactic where you run at eachother with the whole meter betting thing and if you lose against the betting attack then so what. you will be mid screen again and out of the corner.

Just a thought guys!

Tyram

Noob
how do you think I feel bro. I play on a joystick and offline I'm still having troubling doing it correctly. I hit the character at the peak of the body so it will not hit.

I would at least like to get it high enough to at least hit all standing characters.

Tyram

Noob
I just started up my xbox and playing injustice but what is the update today all about?

what was changed, updated?

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Couldn't have said it better myself!

ALSO AN IDEA ABOUT GETTING OUT OF THE CORNER!

if your getting beaten down in the corner just use the tactic where you run at eachother with the whole meter betting thing and if you lose against the betting attack then so what. you will be mid screen again and out of the corner.

Just a thought guys!
It is actually a nice thing about the clash/breaker for cyborg...whether he wins or loses...he gets put in great spacing for his zoning game

IKizzLE

BloodHound
How can a character thqt has an armored grappling hook and an insanely fast (second fastest?) Dash lack mobility haha
He lacks the offensive mobility that Kabal had. Kabal had the ability to dash anywhere on the screen to any point on the screen in an instant and make it safe. Get out and into pressure at will and do midscreen combos to resets into safe 50/50 mixups.

Cyborg specializes in "Get out of jail free" type mobility. Good character to run away with but grappling towards the opponent midscreen is a death sentence unless going in for an ambiguous crossup after knockdown.

And having the second fastest dash in the game means nothing in a game where there are no dash cancels and dash is primarily used to get in on zoning and get into a comfortable footsie range where cyborg can play to his strengths. But his strengths are primarily full screen traps and zoning so its counter intuitive.

Cyborg is grossly overrated right now. He's a really solid character with no obvious weaknesses, not broken, which the top 5 are.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Some VERY basic tourney play

http://www.twitch.tv/lodtv/b/398298395

@2:31:40 about you can see some potential pain. This was a local tourney we had in VA and I got 3rd. Bodied by a doomsday.
@2:06:40 vs flash I get a crazy comeback because of IANB Then bodied by doomsday... lol he ended up winning the tourney and Astronout got second with BA and AM

I have a bunch of new tech with the borg and am way better at IANB now too...