What's new

Guide The Singularity Has Arrived --- THE Cyborg Guide

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Do you players have any 100+ % combo videos to share? If so I will post it in my thread. Traits/Transitions/Interactables/Guaranteed Resets are allowed.

how to effectively play Cyborg, in song lyric form:

all i do is :u:l:r:fp , :u:l:r:fp , :u:l:r:fp , no matter what,
instant air blaster on my mind, i can never get enough
And every time I :u:l:r:fp in the airport Everybody says what da fuck?
And they say lol,
and they say "yeah,"
and they say lol,

'Cause all I do is :u:l:r:fp, :u:l:r:fp, :u:l:r:fp
And if they're goin' in, put your hitbox in the air, make 'em stay there

Espio

Kokomo
I updated some of the info here a few weeks ago. To anyone who cares about the 'borg still

I'm glad you guys are still repping him and putting in work with him.

I love seeing high level Cyborg play even if the character didn't click with me so I hope you stick with him, your Cyborg is really fun to play and watch :).

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Just started playing Cyborg. I'm so lost with him I can't instant air fireball (never been able to in any game) and the 113 sdc combos which I assume is where the damage is mid screen are impossible.

PressBackToBlock

Always back the underdog
Just started playing Cyborg. I'm so lost with him I can't instant air fireball (never been able to in any game) and the 113 sdc combos which I assume is where the damage is mid screen are impossible.
Cyborg isn't threatening at all without IAFB's, so you'll really need to get the down to a t... once people respect that you can IAFB, then you can mix play up and incorporate cancelling his specials, etc.

In all honesty, I hardly ever used his 113 string, personally I'm not a fan at all. 112, f22, 12b2 and b123 are the main strings that I used, and cancel the ones which are cancellable into df2 or dd3. Keep at it and eventually it'll become second nature bro!

PressBackToBlock

Always back the underdog
I'd presume it would be possible on any controls bro's, it's part of the mechanics... and I'd also guess that it'd be easier with PS controller as they have separated spaces for the directions is that right?

PressBackToBlock

Always back the underdog
The way I think about it... I struggled at first with Shazam and Lobo's command grab, but now I can do that 100% percent, it's just reversed.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Cyborg isn't threatening at all without IAFB's, so you'll really need to get the down to a t... once people respect that you can IAFB, then you can mix play up and incorporate cancelling his specials, etc.

In all honesty, I hardly ever used his 113 string, personally I'm not a fan at all. 112, f22, 12b2 and b123 are the main strings that I used, and cancel the ones which are cancellable into df2 or dd3. Keep at it and eventually it'll become second nature bro!

your not a fan of a string that people cant wake up after? lol

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Can't wake up after? You can wake up after every string bro, 112 gives hkd, 113 at best is good for pressuring the opponent, that is all

113 is a untechable softknockdown lmao.... 113 isnt good for block strings unless you cancel it with something safe

to make matters worse, cyborg has a stagger string as well where all they can do is jump and hope they air to air is better than cyborg ...thats 1,b2,2... 1,1,2 isnt as good as people think the 2 can be stuffed by d1 or some peoples d2's if you use it as block string... his best overall string is his f2,2 string as its a true mid, plus on block, fast, and a good hitbox

I hope this info helps because its very important to know

PressBackToBlock

Always back the underdog
Ah man, ignore me... got myself in a twist!

Yeah his f22 is so good for advancing, and am I right in thinking you get a free d1 after it?

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Ah man, ignore me... got myself in a twist!

Yeah his f22 is so good for advancing, and am I right in thinking you get a free d1 after it?

a free d1 sometimes you can get a counter hit set up if someone mashes wrong.... the only string that works well after a block f22 is b123 but its character specific....... most of the time I just throw someone afterwards to keep them on they toes and get free damage... some characters you can get a j2 after a block f22 but at the risk that they might be mashing d2

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
After getting blown up for a few days of being thoroughly uninterested I think a new character is in the cards for me. Let's see how my Cy-skills are! BOOYAH!

Espio

Kokomo
Relaxedstate I was testing back 2,3, 1 and I do not think it's minus seven on block.

I set Superman to reversal Super after the string completes and he could not punish it at all and this is without cancelling into SD.

I also tried to see if Lex and Flash could punish it and they also cannot. That string I'm gathering is either minus one or perhaps neutral on block.

I'm going to start using it because it's a safe low starter for okay damage plus has has decent pushback on block and respectable range.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Relaxedstate I was testing back 2,3, 1 and I do not think it's minus seven on block.

I set Superman to reversal Super after the string completes and he could not punish it at all and this is without cancelling into SD.

I also tried to see if Lex and Flash could punish it and they also cannot. That string I'm gathering is either minus one or perhaps neutral on block.

I'm going to start using it because it's a safe low starter for okay damage plus has has decent pushback on block and respectable range.
I am so glad you picked up Cyborg! We need recruits!

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Does 113 up sd in the corner only work on big characters? I can't land his meterless corner on like half the cast it seems. Others its a piece of cake.