What's new

The saltiest you've ever gotten in this game? Salty stories!

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Oh and the last thing I get salty over is the fact that no one challenges me because Im 3000-1400. I really wish I could just reset the damn thing if its such a big deal to everyone.
they are scrubs anyway when they dont challenge u because of ur w/l ratio

I have a pretty outstanding record, but I like to try new characters a lot online, and nothing makes me more salty than some kid beating me while I'm using someone I just started learning, quitting after that one match then start bragging and calling me overrated in the chat rooms. That alone just makes me want to change my gamertag to Mr. Salty.
Happens to me all the time learning Shang Tsung. 1 win and they jet. Like wtf.

Panque

Random foreign guy
When I KNOW what my opponent is going to do next, make a great read and try to do a great punish, but drop my combo because of lag + input delay + negative edge + my stupid xbox pad that's over sensitive.
Tell me about it. I once tried to play umk3 on this pad. Used to think this was the best pad ever. Why make such a great pad and add the worst d-pad ever made to it?

Im yet to get salty in this game, my copy arrives today probably, but i don't know when my PS3 will >(
Used to get VERY salty with football (soccer for u nfl scrubs :bigsmile:) games when I was a kid (Im brazilian so... yeah). Trowed some controllers around, but luckily they didn't break. Taxes are REALLY high around here, a Dualshock 3 here would be around 80 USD and I just paid 90 USD for MK9. plus the minimum wage is ~370 USD and I don't even get that much. People think I'm crazy for not buying a Jailbroken console. Piracy dominant here and i guess you guys can see why. I know I went really off-topic here, but taxes also make me quite salty. :throwcomputer:

When I win 2 of 3, 4 of 5, etc... and the asshole decides to Fatality me, when all I did was give him a standing 1. Of course, they never rematch.

Makes me want to start using Babality more often.

RamenO

It Stinks!
I'VE LACKED AN EMOTION THAT IS CATEGORIZED AS NEGATIVE WHILE PLAYING THIS GAME. MAYBE SOMEDAY SOMEONE WILL FORCE MY EMOTIONAL RESPONSE TO ERUPT, BUT UNTIL THEN...​
This poster's style is the most mad I could ever fathom being right now.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
When someone takes forever to pick a character, purposely trying to counter pick EVEN though you've ALREADY picked your character from the start and then they just end up picking Scorpion. The match ends up taking less time than the character select screen.

So you get Salty at people learning the game?
I wouldnt call it learning the game since some of these people have a lot of games under their belt and they talk a lot of crap in the lobbies and they challenge me. It's not like I'm looking for them.

Only time i get salty is when i try to use sektors exTU wake up only for it to burn the bar and the attack never happens. This is happening to me more and more online.

I got beat by somebody because I whiffed a b3, 1, 2 with Raiden during a really intense match and was sooooo pissed that I tried breaking my PS3 controller for about 30 secs straight, not breathing, face all red, pure rage, lol, and pulled my right trap muscle. It hurt so freaking bad, lol!

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I sometimes get saltied when I get babalitied.

And no not when they lose like 0% health and totally brutalize me. When they are down to like 40% or 30% and can still babality. Talk about cheap

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Oh and the last thing I get salty over is the fact that no one challenges me because Im 3000-1400. I really wish I could just reset the damn thing if its such a big deal to everyone.
Haha, this is why I love having a low online record. I get challenged by people with thousands of games played every time I hop in a room, and most of these people looking for free wins get blown up and rage quit/don't rematch.

Used to get pissed all the time playing this game until I pissed off my dad for making too much noise. Now I've learned to take a loss, but whenever input error shows up I still get pissed. Also whenever someone picks Raiden/Kitana/Cyrax/Freddy.

I broke my only PS3 controller by smashing it on my desk on about 10 separate occasions.

It currently is cracked by the D-pad, the block button gets stuck quite often and is hard to press, and I'm missing the L1 button. Sucks when I have to play 2v2

I have a history of breaking controllers, from the arcade, to my Sega Genesis, to my PS3.
I've noticed my saltiness always comes from fighting games only and never any other type of game. Also I rage, but always take it out on the controller and never touch the TV screen, game system, or an actual person. Don't want any expensive repair bills or lawsuits....

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Really I don't get salty. Everyonce in a while I will find myself saying "U son of a bitch" lol but no one hears it. Maybe when I get caught in Quan Chi's EX rune trap..that thing has set me off once or twice but nothing to sever..just the normal son of a bitch haha. I guess if i played someone about 5 to 10 times at the end all ive been doing is a quick kill instead of fatality then they beat me proceed to tea bagging with a fatality at the end then leaving will get me salty. The "son of a bitch" remark quickly will turn into a rant.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
i get salty when i play someone who completely sucks and beats me because of the horrible lag

Eight

I am the salt
He is quite possibly one of the best posters right now.
AM I ONE OF THE BEST POSTERS RIGHT NOW TOO?

DO MY HILARIOUS FONT ANTICS ENTERTAIN YOU DESPITE THE FACT THAT I DON'T ACTUALLY SAY ANYTHING HUMOROUS?

DIRTY

Noob
In this game Online, Latency depends on where you live. So... Small towns, No latency. Big Cities, Hella latency, And... The servers deciding that I never pressed that button at all. Wake up attacks will come out while your opponent is baiting and holding block, But fail whenever an opponent is dialing in a sequence / starting a combo. After having my good friend ( Who lives in a small town ) tell me, I must be doing something wrong... I said, FUCK IT! Been done with MK for about two weeks now and stress free. I've developed a deep seeded hatred for that game along with NRS and WB, And a new love for... Never mind, I won't even mention the games name but... Let's just say, No input failures since. Don't need to hear the play offline crap either. I didn't buy a game for my home console, To have to pay to travel everyday to play it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Losing will bite anyone no doubt, since it's less fun but you learn from it.

But honestly, whenever someone counter picks me with KL....especially when I pick a "lower tier or mid tier" I just want to put the controller down because I know there's no point. Maybe it's just me but I respect someone far more if they beat the hell out of me with anyone else then King Lao...clearly others feel the same way as my new thread proves...

Oh and if someone curses me out for winning with Sektor or Ermac, both are very beatable and there's just no reason for that.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Losing to bad players who do random off the wall crap is pretty rage inducing. Fatalities/babalaties always piss me off. Losing to players who cannot even do a 20% combo piss me off. Raiden online pisses me off, massively. Kitana and my inability to beat good Kitana players pisses me off. Oh, and online in general, pisses me off.

So, in essence, most of this game just pisses me off...all the time. I'm pretty sure it's terrible for my health, but I continue to play it.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I can actually deal with Kung Lao; Reptile can at least punish his spin. With the 3 characters I'm decent with - Reptile, Ermac and Sub Zero they just get massively bodied by Kitana. Fans shut Reptile down completely, and in the event that he gets in close, she'll just fly away in which she has a invincible start up and continue to spam fans. If I elbow dash up to her and attempt a cross up, she'll just lift me, and fuck my shit up. Ermac cannot recover from pressure, nor can he trade with her projectiles, so he's pretty fucked there as well. Sub Zero doesn't fair any better, clones are utterly useless in that matchup and even in the event that I can land an EX freeze she'll likely be full screen so all I can land is a slide on her.

She eludes me, I cannot find out where she has any inherent weakness, at least with these specific characters. I guess I can play Lameo against her and just spam spam spam. Never had an issue against her with him in the past, I just hate reducing myself to such a simple character.
Hmm... Kitana isn't really a problem... clones are a HUGE help in that matchup.
I haven't learned how to deal with scorpion's 50/50 pressure yet... so this matchup sucks. I dont' like guessing.

In this game Online, Latency depends on where you live. So... Small towns, No latency. Big Cities, Hella latency, And... The servers deciding that I never pressed that button at all. Wake up attacks will come out while your opponent is baiting and holding block, But fail whenever an opponent is dialing in a sequence / starting a combo. After having my good friend ( Who lives in a small town ) tell me, I must be doing something wrong... I said, FUCK IT! Been done with MK for about two weeks now and stress free. I've developed a deep seeded hatred for that game along with NRS and WB, And a new love for... Never mind, I won't even mention the games name but... Let's just say, No input failures since. Don't need to hear the play offline crap either. I didn't buy a game for my home console, To have to pay to travel everyday to play it.

I live in a small town, I have alot of input lag.

I've never been more frustrated with a game than in MK though only against the AI. Challenge tower, the shao kahn spam etc has probably cost me 5 years of my life :p

Against other players I have no rage whatsoever. I'm usually not the one who declines a rematch, I just keep going until the other one quits - regardless of wether I'm winning or losing. In the end I can see that I'm learning so it's all for the better.

Even spammers I consider a challenge to teach them a lesson (not that it always works but hey)