What's new

The RoboCop Thread

M2Dave

Zoning Master
His Trickshot custom move is weird. He literally ricochets a bullet off the screen, cracking the screen, and hitting the opponent with a mid projectile. It's not very good, but pretty funny.
Interesting.

Anything else crazy?

And what would probably be the best custom variation? Low auto, command grab, and... flamethrower?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Interesting.

Anything else crazy?

And what would probably be the best custom variation? Low auto, command grab, and... flamethrower?
Unfortunately, that's his only move that isn't represented in a tournament variation. The command grab replaces the riot shield. I created the ideal custom and realized it was just v2, lol. I ended up just doing v2 but with Air Dash instead of Wrist Rocket so he has the Cobra Assault Cannon.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
I'm playing with v3 and am a big fan of his s4. 11 frame high, but plenty of things jail into it. The pushback is insane on block, and leaves you +6. Midscreen I like to do s4~high auto 9. On block it's -12 but they're so far back it's a tough punish. On hit you have enough time for a free trap. s4 also leaves the opponent at the very edge of b4 range.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Um, apparently if Sindel screams while you have riot shield out, it gives her the KB instead of blocking or parrying the attack...

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Did they already patch his Flamethrower? PC got an update a little while ago. Before that, amp Flamethrower left you within standing 1 range, which was the whole point of using it over normal flamethrower. But now it leaves you at max d4 distance. Am I crazy? I can no longer jail into standing 1 after amp flamethrower, even after a dash.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Did they already patch his Flamethrower? PC got an update a little while ago. Before that, amp Flamethrower left you within standing 1 range, which was the whole point of using it over normal flamethrower. But now it leaves you at max d4 distance. Am I crazy? I can no longer jail into standing 1 after amp flamethrower, even after a dash.
On the PS4, neither the regular nor the amplified version left you within standing 1 range. You always have to forward dash.

I have not tested, but I am hearing Fujin has a corner infinite combo on PC? Perhaps this patch addressed this issue and brought other balance changes.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
On the PS4, neither the regular nor the amplified version left you within standing 1 range. You always have to forward dash.

I have not tested, but I am hearing Fujin has a corner infinite combo on PC? Perhaps this patch addressed this issue and brought other balance changes.
It could be. It was like a 500mb patch, so definitely more than just frame data corrections.

Gaxkang

Banned
Ok, so his stagger game is pretty good. Not the best damage, but kind of like Jade or D'Vorah where you can kind if whittle you down very quickly. I'm playing a friend's Skarlet and I'm using v2, but not zoning at all, just playing the footsie game and working my way in. I won something like 39 to 3.

His forward dash is insane; it might even be better than Spawn's. Combined with the range on his d4 and b4, he can catch his opponent's toes from surprisingly far away; they always have to be on the lookout. Like Baraka, Shao Kahn, and other characters with long-range b4's, he can outspace the opponent's wakeup and force them to respect the threat of b4. That opens them up to dash-in throw, dash-in d1, and other shenanigans.

Thanks to his parry, the opponent can only counterpoke with lows due to the threat of canceling d1 into parry. He can tap parry and it cancels almost immediately but will still catch counterpokes.

Every time he lands a d4, he gets a free dash into either f4, f2, or throw. Whenever he lands a d1, it jails into standing 1, allowing him to either throw, stagger a 1, stagger a 12, stagger a 121, or complete a 121~cancel, including 121~parry which will catch counterpokes and recovers almost instantly.

Thanks to his backdash, forward dash, and just general walk speed, it's very easy for him to outfootsie his opponent, bait an attack, and get his f212 KB or get a 212 into Flamethrower for massive advantage.

So far, the only real downside I've found is that his f4 seems to have very low priority, losing almost every trade. This is a shame, but not the end of the world.

His jumpkick seems surprisingly difficult to anti-air, allowing you to train your opponent to not even try. Then you can use his awesome j2 to link into all of his 121 nonsense.
It does seem like Robo has to play differently than the neutral skipping gameplay other characters got. Like fighting Sub Zero their gameplan feels entirely different.

f4 seems like a good away for Robo to advance...but with some limits.

It's too bad his jetpack attack wasn't ground based too...it'd probably be a 2 slotter, like Spawn's charge move.

Robo's parry is nice...gotta be a bit careful too, since it invites lows.

Gaxkang

Banned
Seriously though there is no need for him to have damage this low.
Yeah it can seem low least sometimes I guess...

On side note...

When it comes to jump in's seems like j2 is the combo one really (j2 better than j1). With his j3, you can use enhanced lowshot to combo with that but I'm not sure what else he can do off j3.

When using his b2 overhead while it's cool looking to use his enhanced high shot...seems like just an uppercut works better heh.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
How does his Flamethrower compare to Atrocitus vomit from i2? Is it super active and does it anti air like it? Is it safe on block?
Flamethrower is -19 on block while the amplified version is -16 so you probably do not want to use this move in block strings. However, both versions provide lots of frame advantage on hit so you can hit confirm after f+3,2 and f+2,1. f+3,2 xx EX flamethrower is your most damaging grounded punishing combo. f+3 starts up in 10 frames.

Oskulock

Noob
Hadn't played this game for a long while before Aftermath came out. First thing i did was try out Robocop, now that i gave him up and went for Spawn it really makes me wonder why would anyone want to play RC instead of him/some of the other cast. He doesn't have anything going for him that someone else doesn't already do better.

Reactions: jmt

jmt

Noob
Been playing v1 and v2 the past two days.

Overall he’s just ok. Definitely the worst of the 3 dlcs.

Unfortunately gonna end up sticking with cetrion, joker and sindel.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
During matches, I keep experiencing a state where only 1 bullet from my b4 will hit, resulting in 5% damage and no knockdown. I'm trying to see what that hit advantage is, but I can't replicate it in practice mode. Anyone have any advice?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Lol, the bombs are so fucking useless. The close bomb is -2 on block, so it's not worth using for on-block pressure. If the opponent pokes during the massive gap from canceling into bomb, you get hit and the bomb detonation no longer affects the opponent. I feel like NRS was so afraid of creating another Cyrax that they just utterly gutted any setup potential of this character. But then why give him those moves?

Here is Sonicfox using a gas setup in the corner, which seems like the exact purpose it was designed for. But watch how it just doesn't fucking work because reasons: