What's new

The RoboCop Thread

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
With V2 I struggle to Zone some characters sometimes even ones I think I should be able to, is there any tips aside from bf1?
Hard to say without knowing what characters you're talking about. @M2Dave posted some good zoning patterns to use. Missile should win most trades, and low auto9 should avoid and punish most high projectiles.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Moves that have the ability to low profile low auto.

• Cassie's low gunshot (hard) in V1
  • Fujin's f+3 (easy) in all variations
  • Sindel's low fireball (medium) and EX low fireball (very easy) in V3

I feel like ending all combo string in V2 is best done with bf2 to get the opponent full screen again to start chipping at their health. That being said bf3(enhanced) as an ender is interesting as I think you can jail f42 into it and if it hits you can do some okay damage into full screen (f42 dash b2 f21 bf2). Also if they are expecting the mid you can wave dash in for a grab since his dash is insane or wave dash in and do f32.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I feel like ending all combo string in V2 is best done with bf2 to get the opponent full screen again to start chipping at their health. That being said bf3(enhanced) as an ender is interesting as I think you can jail f42 into it and if it hits you can do some okay damage into full screen (f42 dash b2 f21 bf2). Also if they are expecting the mid you can wave dash in for a grab since his dash is insane or wave dash in and do f32.
Careful with f+4,2 as the last hit can be neutral crouched and easily whiff punished.

What I have also learned from playing Highborn Kitana and fighting high level players is that nothing technically jails in this game, even if your frame advantage is in the double digits on hit. Razors are +20, but your opponent can still flawless block any attack afterward. The same goes for Robocop's flamethrower, which is why, aside from throws, it is important to use several attacks of varying start up frames (i.e., f+3,2, f+2,1, b+3,2, etc.) to confuse your opponent's flawless block timing.

By the way, I also think b+2 is better than f+4,2 as a punishing and whiff punishing tool. b+2, j.2, f+3,2 xx cannon is easy and does 23%. b+2, micro dash d+2, f+3,2 xx cannon also works. LOL. It does 27%.

What is staple combo after krushing blow d+2?

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Variation 2 only:
When nrs doesn't want to give you the block frame advantage with his grenades -_-
Corner amp grenade setups/combos
Interactable combos

Dante

Noob
Careful with f+4,2 as the last hit can be neutral crouched and easily whiff punished.

What I have also learned from playing Highborn Kitana and fighting high level players is that nothing technically jails in this game, even if your frame advantage is in the double digits on hit. Razors are +20, but your opponent can still flawless block any attack afterward. The same goes for Robocop's flamethrower, which is why, aside from throws, it is important to use several attacks of varying start up frames (i.e., f+3,2, f+2,1, b+3,2, etc.) to confuse your opponent's flawless block timing.

By the way, I also think b+2 is better than f+4,2 as a punishing and whiff punishing tool. b+2, j.2, f+3,2 xx cannon is easy and does 23%. b+2, micro dash d+2, f+3,2 xx cannon also works. LOL. It does 27%.

B2 d2 combos is the first thing I messed with. The dash into d2 can be alot deeper than you may think.

This has everything you'd need I guess

Dante

Noob
Btw there is an impossible to do in a real match bomb combo, but the idea Is basic enough. In corner ex bomb f32 (bomb hits) b2 4db1 4bf2. Sth like 40%
If you can get an ex bomb you can simple pressure them with your intimidating walk and just hit b2/4/b3/f3 and the bomb will either give you a combo or the plus frames

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm purely an online player, so I like to keep things simple and consistent. After d2 KB, I like to just do f32 into ender (db1 is my preferred ender due to the oki advantage it affords). This does 30%. You can also do a b2 after the KB for a total of 33%. Ending in Wrist Rocket seems to do about 1% more damage on average than ending in db1.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Standing 4 is a high, but it will hit crouch blockers. It has tons of pushback but its massive advantage allows it to cancel into Wrist Rocket and Low Auto-9 with no gap. If the opponent is high-blocking then they have to block the wrist rocket, however if they are low-blocking when the standing 4 connectes, they can continue low blocking to avoid the rocket. However, due to the pushback, standing 4 canceled into amplified Low Auto 9 seems to be totally safe from most characters. Even Dragon Kick reversal will whiff if you hold down, allowing for a free f212 KB. Even Sub Zero's slide reveral can be blocked. The only reversal I've found so far that punish it is Nightwolf's Rhino Charge.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Idk I don't like the idea of canceling a +6 move into anything other than ex shoulder bomb maybe
Why not? The pushback is too far to capitalize on the plus frames. Canceling into ex bomb is unsafe and you have to commit to either close if it's blocked or medium if it hits or the bomb will whiff and waste your meter.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Moves that have the ability to low profile low auto.

• Cassie's low gunshot (hard) in V1
  • Fujin's f+3 (easy) in all variations
  • Sindel's low fireball (medium) and EX low fireball (very easy) in V3
So does Sindel just totally shit on him, then? I can't see him contesting her normals, especially the spear and f4.

Dante

Noob
Why not? The pushback is too far to capitalize on the plus frames. Canceling into ex bomb is unsafe and you have to commit to either close if it's blocked or medium if it hits or the bomb will whiff and waste your meter.
I don't rly disagree but I mean, you don't rly gain anything by using meter on shot/rocket. Maybe flame could achieve sth more?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I streamed and recorded for a few hours today. I'll see if I can post some match footage tomorrow.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
This one similar to the flame thrower setup but different ending and it seems inconsistent
Some times the opponent is pushed further away some times he's closer and makes it more unsafe or safe
I think it varies on the time you push opponent into the land mine grenade

Last edited:

Gaxkang

Banned
You don't want to throw it out on block, anyway. If you're komboing her, she won't have glow active.
Oh yah I forgot about that.

So far I haved like using his air attack....lets him zoom around more and kinda confuse/annoy. Hop or small jump and using it works pretty nice...and it's -7 on block. also got krushing blow. Can make for a mind game maybe.
Landing next to someone is a free uppercut for them or whatever so gotta be careful there.
Can also do it after j3, but using enhanced low shot does more damage. But sometimes useful.

Last edited: