What's new

The RoboCop Thread

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've been gradually getting some added to the Ultimate RoboCop Guide, but haven't started on v1 yet. Working on v2 corner kombos now.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Can the gap in the 121 string be flawless-blocked? I can't seem to flawless block it. The string breaks Fatal Blows if they try to blow up the gap.

E

Eldriken

Can the gap in the 121 string be flawless-blocked? I can't seem to flawless block it. The string breaks Fatal Blows if they try to blow up the gap.
Any way to try and get the AI to Flawless Block it?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Any way to try and get the AI to Flawless Block it?
If you set them to flawless block, they just flawless block every hit, so that setting seems pretty useless. I tried recording block~u2 as a reversal but can't get it to come out. I set RoboCop to do 121 as a reversal and would poke him and try to flawless after the 1, but couldn't get it to work. Hopefully it's not a flawless-blockable gap, since it's one of his primary pressure strings.

E

Eldriken

If you set them to flawless block, they just flawless block every hit, so that setting seems pretty useless. I tried recording block~u2 as a reversal but can't get it to come out. I set RoboCop to do 121 as a reversal and would poke him and try to flawless after the 1, but couldn't get it to work. Hopefully it's not a flawless-blockable gap, since it's one of his primary pressure strings.
Do you have enough time to start the string and before it gets to the gap, pause and then set the AI to Flawless Block it?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Do you have enough time to start the string and before it gets to the gap, pause and then set the AI to Flawless Block it?
Hmm, I'm trying but he keeps blocking the whole string. I can't tell if it's not working or if that means the gap isn't flawless-blockable. I wasn't able to flawless block it, but I'm kind of ass at flawless blocking. But so far it's looking like it's safe.

E

Eldriken

Hmm, I'm trying but he keeps blocking the whole string. I can't tell if it's not working or if that means the gap isn't flawless-blockable. I wasn't able to flawless block it, but I'm kind of ass at flawless blocking. But so far it's looking like it's safe.
If it beats a Fatal Blow, I think it means it can't be Flawless Blocked.

Skarlet's 44 is like that. There's a gap in between it to where you can use your Fatal Blow, but it will get beat every time and it isn't able to be Flawless Blocked either. This was the case before the change to Fatal Blow armor as well.

Not sure if that's what's going on here, however. Just seems similar.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
There is no flawless blockable gap in 1,2,1, but the last hit is -8 on block with no push back so you can get punished by 7 frame jabbers. For example, Cassie can punish you with 1,1,1.

There is a flawless blockable gap on the last hit of f+2,1,2. The gap seems 6 or 7 frames. I managed to trade with Geras's d+1 as well as Kitana's d+3.

There is a 10 frame gap on the last hit of 1,2,3.

E

Eldriken

Do you think if something has an exploitable gap (can Flawless Block, poke, etc) it should be listed in the frame data?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There is no flawless blockable gap in 1,2,1, but the last hit is -8 on block with no push back so you can get punished by 7 frame jabbers. For example, Cassie can punish you with 1,1,1.

There is a flawless blockable gap on the last hit of f+2,1,2. The gap seems 6 or 7 frames. I managed to trade with Geras's d+1 as well as Kitana's d+3.

There is a 10 frame gap on the last hit of 1,2,3.
Awesome, thanks. Luckily, I don't ever see a need to use the 123 string, and the 3rd hit of f212 is easily comfirmable and f21 is only -5.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I can't find a reason to use any of his shoulder bombs in any variation, regular or amplified. Am I missing something? Gas Bomb is the only one, but that's just using it for a +4 restand, not even for the setups it's meant to be used for.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Awesome, thanks. Luckily, I don't ever see a need to use the 123 string, and the 3rd hit of f212 is easily comfirmable and f21 is only -5.
I usually use f+3,2 and f+2,1 up close. Hit confirm these two strings into active patrol in V1 and flamethrower in V2. Use f+3,2 as your punishing string.

V2 may have some gimmicks like f+2,1 xx EX cannon, but I would use this wisely. EX cannon is +7 on block with push back.

b+1,2 is good for creating push back, but there is a flawless blockable gap. Only long range u+2s will reach, though.

d+4 is Robocop's longest reaching normal attack. In V2, you can do max range d+4 xx EX low auto which is safe against every character in the game, including Sub Zero's slide.

I can't find a reason to use any of his shoulder bombs in any variation, regular or amplified.
Hitting EX low auto at farther ranges and tossing the appropriate bomb is somewhat effective in V2.

Shang's Shake still parries them and Jade's Glow still ignores them. Lol, even Nightwolf's reflect makes him immune to them.
I have to retest, but weirdly EX bomb hits all of them. LOL.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I can't find a reason to use any of his shoulder bombs in any variation, regular or amplified. Am I missing something? Gas Bomb is the only one, but that's just using it for a +4 restand, not even for the setups it's meant to be used for.
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to use it in tandem with his zoning

If V1 had his standard projectile or an amplify for the walking projectile I'd be interested but I'm not super into the way he plays. Maybe I'll like V2 though

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Anyone getting any decent damage off a d2 KB? In v2, the highest I can get is d2KB, f34~db1 for 30% meterless or amplified for 34% 1-bar.

Oskulock

Noob
I think i prefer V2 over all the others mainly because of the lowshot, it's stupid good and completely locked out a ring spamming Sonya earlier today. That said, i'm really not feeling this character otherwise. I feel like this is a huge missed opportunity design-wise. He can't really do anything else except press normals/zone and confirm into small damage strings. I wish they had at least SOMETHING to make him feel, well, "cool".

Really disappointed tbh.

Edit: And don't get me wrong, the fatal blow/fatality/intros etc. are amazing nods to the movies and really cool. Just the gameplay in question here.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm not really feeling v1, either. I think it would be ok if it had the parry, but the last of the parry and a multi-hitting Auto-9 really hurts it. It's got a few nice gimmicks, but right now I'm not seeing anything that makes it worth giving up the parry and low auto-9.

Reactions: jmt

Bixlow

Scrubiness Embodied
I'll be honest I'm pretty crap at this game but Robocop feels so limited in comparison to the other characters. Feels like Shao Kahn honestly only doing strings.

Reactions: jmt

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm not really feeling v1, either. I think it would be ok if it had the parry, but the last of the parry and a multi-hitting Auto-9 really hurts it. It's got a few nice gimmicks, but right now I'm not seeing anything that makes it worth giving up the parry and low auto-9.
V1 kind of reminds me of Ancestral Gift. Both have very low damage output and trouble getting in consistently.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
His Trickshot custom move is weird. He literally ricochets a bullet off the screen, cracking the screen, and hitting the opponent with a mid projectile. It's not very good, but pretty funny.