What's new

The Reason GA's Arrows do 0.1% on chip, 1% on hit.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
yes what i just said. you're going to have trouble doing standard special move commands in lag, but no matter how laggy it is, you can always mash circle/b. that's one of the many reasons his arrows do crappy chip. it's obvious why they do crappy chip, and don't bother asking the devs why it does crappy chip because the answer is probably one of the testers told them to.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Not gonna lie. I abuse this fact like a goddamn scumbag.

Also, I don't get why the main aspect of GA, his arrows, can be fairly subpar.

You should! ....Play to win! lol... What's worse is that if you do F2D1 and they jump you don't even get at least a small kombo!

Yeah. Normal Arrows make sense but the others don't that much. Not komplaining though. He kan zone a lil bit against some characters. That just isn't his main gameplan unless you're playing against Shazam or Joker.

PS: I often forget that his arrows are his trait. lol.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Arrows are actually good, until you run into

A) Armor character, or an entire character developed around Armor

B) Tracking moves

C) Multi hitting projectiles

So when used in matches against people that don't have those things, they are decent :)

I like to try win matches with normal Arrow because it only does 1% damage,

I honestly think they are there as a spacing tool, more then a damage tool, and a set up tool. The problem is the set ups are flawed big time, and you can't really control space vs the characters that have those 3 things I listed above.

If electric was multi hit, and Fire caused Hard knockdown, I would be happy

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I'm not going to be happy until fire arrows do more damage or we get more of them on a load, even with a hard knockdown. Though if it were one or the other, I'd vastly prefer more damage/more arrows.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

B) Tracking moves

So when used in matches against people that don't have those things, they are decent :)

I honestly think they are there as a spacing tool, more then a damage tool, and a set up tool. The problem is the set ups are flawed big time, and you can't really control space vs the characters that have those 3 things I listed above.

I think they're good against people who can't punish you for throwing them.
Shazam, Harley, Joker, Hawkgirl, Grundy, Lobo and Wonder Woman. And even then they just give you some breathing space but not actually help you win the match.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Shazam, Harley, Joker, Hawkgirl, Grundy, Lobo and Wonder Woman. And even then they just give you some breathing space but not actually help you win the match.
Of course, Grundy can just walking corpse through everything without giving a shit and it's hard to convince Hawkgirl to stay on the ground and deal with low arrows...

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Of course, Grundy can just walking corpse through everything without giving a shit and it's hard to convince Hawkgirl to stay on the ground and deal with low arrows...
Nah but from full screen you can throw an arrow and interrupt his swamp hands, plus walking corpse is slow enough that you can savage blast the shit out of there. And Hawkgirl suffers a lot from normal arrows. They shut down her trait, mace charge and wing evade.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yah man, it is what it is. I mean, I wish they hurt more, and could do more. But yah work with what yah god. I did something cool the other weekend, just haven't try replicating and testing yet to see if it's a viable bait.

Pull and arrow and dash cancel it on Batgirl to see if you can get Smoke Bomb to wiff. I did it in a match but it was total accident lol. But a neat idea anyways.

Also, even though the Arrows do nothing in the Bane match, they are crucial to use so you can keep getting him to Charge at you, which I found out is what you actually want in that match lol.

If you think of them like, a tool that makes your opponent do something so they can't turtle, or at least hurts them a little bit if they try come in on you.

Fire Arrows in conjunction with Savage Blast to run away in some match ups is really fuckin annoying to deal with.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

B) Tracking moves

I agree.

Multi-hit electric would be Awesome! lol...

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Nah but from full screen you can throw an arrow and interrupt his swamp hands, plus walking corpse is slow enough that you can savage blast the shit out of there. And Hawkgirl suffers a lot from normal arrows. They shut down her trait, mace charge and wing evade.
yah, she can't wake up vs Arrow, cause you can just shoot arrows all day, Jump 3 when she trys to fly and shit, pretty fun match to play, I think it's a solid 5-5. But I need to find a really good Hawkgirl to get some more XP.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I will say some good things here because I don't want to be negative lol.

Arrow start up is pretty slow at 22 frames but once you get 1 arrow on screen it's easy to follow up with more. It's usually the first arrow that gives you the momentum that is the hardest to get on screen.

GA can also use his arrows as lows and overheads obviously which may be why they do less chip.

F2d13xx high normal arrow is very good. You can set up whiff punishes and open up the other player by mixing in d1/f2 or whatever after the string.

MB stinger is a good footsie tool and gives reason for players to low block. It pushes extremely far to the corner which is where GA wants to keep people. He gets good damage in the corner as we all know.

GA does have a lot of losing match ups imo. I've been running into characters I have no experience against like raven and cyborg and it's not easy. I can easily name 10 characters that I think beat arrow as of now. I do think the character is solid and can do well but only with a back up character (for me at this time at least). He also takes a lot of hard work to win and you really have to know your match ups, there's no one size fits all strategy.

I do understand why people think the character isn't that good. I really don't want to come to a conclusion on how good the character is right now though. I find little things every day about the character that help me in match ups. When I stop finding shit I'll really worry lol.

I'm actually trying to pick up Scorpion because I think he might be a perfect secondary character. He seems to deal with a lot of the runaway zoners a lot better than Arrow.

Scoot Magee

i would call into question the detractors experience in the matchup. maybe you are playing shitty GAs. general concensus seems like "lex just mops up ga". i have literally played thousands of games in the MU. im not trying to tell you its the other way around. i think its a sure 5-5 mu. maybe my training buddy knows my game too closely. hes a very efficient and smart zoner and knows the lex mu thoroughly. anyway thats all ill add bcus im quite outnumbered as usual.
I think its 6-4 in favor of lex and this is with a lot of experience vs rev0lver.

Scoot Magee

I will say I didn't pick up GA because I thought he was good (I was originally set on playing batman). I picked him up because I loved the design of the character and how he plays, it's what makes me like injustice so much. I think the character is a lot of fun and maybe wouldn't be as into the game as I am if he wasn't included.

Scoot Magee

Not gonna lie. I abuse this fact like a goddamn scumbag.

Also, I don't get why the main aspect of GA, his arrows, can be fairly subpar.
I remedied this by doing a raw f2 instead of yolo'ing the whole string just to get back dashed lol. Other players have mentioned they've been doing this too.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yea i wasnt really trolling or anything about lex. Arrows prevent lex from getting stuff out, and i can try and trade with him but then he loads fire arrows which makes it riskier with my mobility but I have to get in. Ice arrow is still good but I don't know why you would try and zone him with it. I still think Lex wins but it's not that I outzone him. I've played this matchup more than anything else in this game with 7l and scoot and imo arrows are the reason it's not a 7-3.

I think the reason GA's projectiles don't have better damage properties is because the other properties of the move are so good. Being able to do air/high/low shots with his recovery could be brokenish if they did more. Maybe not if it was like a small change, but I think people underestimate how good of a zoning tool it is when not comparing damage

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If I load arrow, you have enough time to get your armor trait lol

Also on this, if you load an arrow in open space it only matters within like dash range where I'll normally corp charge and trait up. Otherwise, unless I read that you're going to load an arrow early I can't trait dash without eating an arrow, especially if you do it after an arrow on hit (i dont know if i can even get trait on reaction with that). It helps me get in a little bit but I lose my armor.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
http://testyourmight.com/threads/fire-arrows-are-not-for-chip.37480/

Been saying this for a while. A lot of you are fucktards and don't deserve to post about GA. Cossner is right 100%. He has to be up close to win but has no damage without using massive amounts of meter (which only then puts him on par with others without meter)

His zoning loses all trades unless it's a high projectile.

This said, I have a new outlook for this game. I'll post more on it later. I love you all...even the fucktards

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
cool. all the fools calling on almighty revolver, and he agrees with what im saying. they even said he was trolling when he posted the same shit i did. we might have a different mu # but after all of cossner&co's crying and tagging of the only lex player in the world, he posted the same shit i did.

who saw that coming? in b4 responses

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
cool. all the fools calling on almighty revolver, and he agrees with what im saying. they even said he was trolling when he posted the same shit i did. we might have a different mu # but after all of cossner&co's crying and tagging of the only lex player in the world, he posted the same shit i did.

who saw that coming? in b4 responses

ny people are the only ones that matter tho

Scoot Magee

I don't know why people take it so personal when there's a disagreement on something related to this game. I think I'm just being optimistic here and the game is young.

I tag rev0lver because he's a lex player that I play a lot. I think the match is in lex's favor but Arrow has plenty of tools to win.

E

Eldriken

I don't know why people take it so personal when there's a disagreement on something related to this game. I think I'm just being optimistic here and the game is young.

I tag rev0lver because he's a lex player that I play a lot. I think the match is in lex's favor but Arrow has plenty of tools to win.
It's the Internet. That's all that can really be said in regards to why people take things so damn personally. >_< But I'm right there with you on wondering why.