What's new

The Reason GA's Arrows do 0.1% on chip, 1% on hit.

ga zoning is really good n it and fire arrows are fucked up when you have no lif because he can keep in charged and you cant move butthen with regular arrows you can stop him from gettng stuff out but its still lex wins
GA zoning is really caca, shit, poop.

Fire Arrows are just used by most Green Arrows to finish you off. If you find yourself in that predicament then you already lost the match either way, let him land those 2-3 fire arrows, its over.

Regular arrows are a pinprick. Who cares if you get hit and couldn't get something out, you only lost 1% of health. Even if he hits you with a few all it takes is one trade and you're on top.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
ga zoning is really good n it and fire arrows are fucked up when you have no lif because he can keep in charged and you cant move butthen with regular arrows you can stop him from gettng stuff out but its still lex wins
Did you now that if I'm full screen and I throw an arrow followed by another one, and you do a Lance Blast, even if I manage to block it I'd have taken 1.88% of chip (7% if I don't) while you'll take 1.1% of damage? You can literally outzone GA with Lance Blast e____________________e.

If I load arrow, you have enough time to get your armor trait lol

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i would call into question the detractors experience in the matchup. maybe you are playing shitty GAs. general concensus seems like "lex just mops up ga". i have literally played thousands of games in the MU. im not trying to tell you its the other way around. i think its a sure 5-5 mu. maybe my training buddy knows my game too closely. hes a very efficient and smart zoner and knows the lex mu thoroughly. anyway thats all ill add bcus im quite outnumbered as usual.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
i would call into question the detractors experience in the matchup. maybe you are playing shitty GAs. general concensus seems like "lex just mops up ga". i have literally played thousands of games in the MU. im not trying to tell you its the other way around. i think its a sure 5-5 mu. maybe my training buddy knows my game too closely. hes a very efficient and smart zoner and knows the lex mu thoroughly. anyway thats all ill add bcus im quite outnumbered as usual.
Let's not make this a match up discussion, because it isn't. If you want to discuss the match up, come here:
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/green-arrow-in-depth-match-up-discussion-1-06.38428/

But yeah it's bad for GA. Lex outzones him, and he makes the Frozen arrow worthless. Plus he kills all his wake ups pretty easily, and his damage is way better. But whatevs what do I know.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
trading is in your favor if you have an ice arrow (and the always have one drawn), they can hit low, overhead, or in the air, and they're +3 on block, so i aks ya, how much chip do you want him to get for pressing one button?

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
trading is in your favor if you have an ice arrow
This isn't really all that true - it's highly dependent on what you trade with and the distance you get a hit from. A lot of times it can just wind up wasting an arrow. And keep in mind that GA is a low damage character by any practical standard, swag combos aside. Trades are a proportionally greater problem for him due to his lesser ability to take it back.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
trading is in your favor if you have an ice arrow (and the always have one drawn), they can hit low, overhead, or in the air, and they're +3 on block, so i aks ya, how much chip do you want him to get for pressing one button?
It's not. Ice arrow lasts nothing, it's not like sub's ice balls. All you can do is load another one while the other guy defrosts. A frozen arrow full screen let's you do 2 dashes and a b3 and nothing more. If you don't have time to do 2 dashes and a b3, you can do a string and we all know GA strings are as hard to block as batgirls'.

And sure, you get hit in the air for being jump happy, and I get 1%. 1% for reading your jumping correctly. I need to load an arrow (22 frames), hold it, then jump. That's what 40+ frames? Super fast. And you still got hit lol

+3 on block STANDING. +1 low. That's useful in trades because.....?

1 button? so other projectiles should be better because they press down forward? It's okay that the chip is .1% because I don't do a movement? wut

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Its like youve never seen a character that just doesnt have really good tools across the board. Oh well it happens. Get used to it and quit your bitching...
Xcuse me, this is the GA forums where GA bitching occurs. Am I going to your subforums to bitch? Am I calling you a downplayer every 5 seconds? No, then what's the point of this post?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Xcuse me, this is the GA forums where GA bitching occurs. Am I going to your subforums to bitch? Am I calling you a downplayer every 5 seconds? No, then what's the point of this post?
I dont see the point of calling out a developer on a character he designed cause you disagree with how he may fit in the game.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I dont see the point of calling out a developer on a character he designed cause you disagree with how he may fit in the game.
What's so bad about enlightening us with the power of game design? I asked, what's the reason why arrows do so little damage and so little chip, with little reward and a lot of risk?

Plus, it's not me disagreeing, it's pretty much every GA player in the world disagreeing, and didn't you do the same with Rain for so many years?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
This isn't really all that true - it's highly dependent on what you trade with and the distance you get a hit from. A lot of times it can just wind up wasting an arrow. And keep in mind that GA is a low damage character by any practical standard, swag combos aside. Trades are a proportionally greater problem for him due to his lesser ability to take it back.
ok i should say ice arrow can be better at trading than regular arrow. green arrow's really fortunate his air ice arrow grants a combo on an airborne opponent instead of them shattering on the ground.

It's not. Ice arrow lasts nothing, it's not like sub's ice balls. All you can do is load another one while the other guy defrosts. A frozen arrow full screen let's you do 2 dashes and a b3 and nothing more. If you don't have time to do 2 dashes and a b3, you can do a string and we all know GA strings are as hard to block as batgirls'.
at least you got two dashes and are in their face now.

1 button? so other projectiles should be better because they press down forward? It's okay that the chip is .1% because I don't do a movement? wut
yeah. how would you like to be in a super laggy online match with green arrow who gets a full screen projectile with 1 button? it would be murder if it did more chip than it does. i know you complain about lag a lot so you know how it is.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Smarr doesn't understand, he play Black Adam,

Apparently no one is aloud to have a conversation about shitty chip on a projectile.
Yes, the real reason i came in here was to gloat about how much better my character was and throw it in the Green Arrow players faces. I would totally do that since i didnt play a character that was probably way less viable in his game than Green Arrow is in this one.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
ok i should say ice arrow can be better at trading than regular arrow. green arrow's really fortunate his air ice arrow grants a combo on an airborne opponent instead of them shattering on the ground.
It's not a better trade. Better trade would be fire arrows, but how often do you have them out.
at least you got two dashes and are in their face now.
Just like every character in the game.
yeah. how would you like to be in a super laggy online match with green arrow who gets a full screen projectile with 1 button? it would be murder if it did more chip than it does. i know you complain about lag a lot so you know how it is.
I really hope you're joking with this one. Do you actually think there's a difference between doing df for a projectile than pressing a button? Do you actually think anything would change? And yeah Arrow's zoning is a non-issue, because he loses every trade with everything.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
What's so bad about enlightening us with the power of game design? I asked, what's the reason why arrows do so little damage and so little chip, with little reward and a lot of risk?

Plus, it's not me disagreeing, it's pretty much every GA player in the world disagreeing, and didn't you do the same with Rain for so many years?
I dont remember asking Paulo why Rain wasnt as good as like Kabal or something. Im just saying i dont get the point. If you actually wanted to get insight on his design why would you publicly post this instead of maybe trying to personally ask him. Putting it out in the open like this almost seems like you are calling him out for the design as if its flawed.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yes, the real reason i came in here was to gloat about how much better my character was and throw it in the Green Arrow players faces. I would totally do that since i didnt play a character that was probably way less viable in his game than Green Arrow is in this one.
I'm not sure why you are in actually. But thats what it seemed like, yup.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I dont remember asking Paulo why Rain wasnt as good as like Kabal or something. Im just saying i dont get the point. If you actually wanted to get insight on his design why would you publicly post this instead of maybe trying to personally ask him. Putting it out in the open like this almost seems like you are calling him out for the design as if its flawed.
No but you did mention that he was trash in every available outlet you had (even in your second to last post here!). They do read this stuff you know, they all know who we are, tagging someone is just a formality. Yeah I want insight (as someone who has made 3 video games in his life and wants to learn moar), but I also think the character is flawed, why? Because he can't do anything against the tools other characters have. That's why he has so many bad match ups. His projectiles are just a tiny bit of his problem. Knowing the reason of why he has such a shitty damage and trade in his projectile would be a nice start to figure out his strengths in the zoning game.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
I really hope you're joking with this one. Do you actually think there's a difference between doing df for a projectile than pressing a button? Do you actually think anything would change?
yes what i just said. you're going to have trouble doing standard special move commands in lag, but no matter how laggy it is, you can always mash circle/b. that's one of the many reasons his arrows do crappy chip. it's obvious why they do crappy chip, and don't bother asking the devs why it does crappy chip because the answer is probably one of the testers told them to.