What's new

Strategy Fire arrows are not for chip!!!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I can't stand it when commentators say "Oh Chris G can come back by chipping them out with Fire Arrows"

or

"He loaded Fire arrows...he is obviously going for chip"

or

"fire arrows do allot of chip. Thats why they are so good"

Lets get this straight. Fire arrows do 0.7 chip

Many of these commentators are testers. This leads me to believe that they used to do more chip than they do now. Honestly, it makes sense for them to do extra chip but they are actually one of the WEAKEST projectiles for chip in the game.

Sorry. This was aggravating me for the longest time...carry on

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Honestly, it makes sense for them to do extra chip but they are actually one of the WEAKEST projectiles for chip in the game.
Maybe in the next patch they should make lightning arrows do a decent amount of chip to justify them a bit more. Maybe their focus can be zoning, while fire can be setups and freeze can be combos?

Hell, if Batgirl's trait and Black Adam are any indication, Lighting and Electricity are meant for chip damage

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
His move that do the most chip (and I'm at work so don't quote me on numbers)

-savage blast (db2) - 2% +4 frames
--MB Savage blast - 4% +15 frames
-Up Haven blast (df2) - 2% +23 frames (not practical for chip ever)

savage blast to end block strings is really your best possible bet. it is +4 on block and knocks down on hit. lets you react easily to any follow up attempt or dash back in for pressure and will chip out your opponent easily. MB version after a block string can be a 6-7% and is +15. this is a great way to land an unexpected j3 or a dash in db2

trufenix

bye felicia
It's not about the actual chip damage, its about the role in combat.

More chip than non-arrows
More dmg than lit-arrows
You don't waste ice arrows

Ergo, fire arrows are for chip.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Essentially they're for chip and knockdown, hard or otherwise.
Whether they're the most efficient or not in either regard is what can be put up to debate with the commentator, but it's function will remain the same for GA users, I imagine, and is the reason why they continue to do so.

You can jump the arrows probably flawlessly at full screen against your buddy in practice mode. In a tournament where you've got a sliver left, blocking is out of the question, and your mind does not shake the fact that your opponent knows this is and is doing whatever he can to get you to take the arrow's damage.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I can't stand it when commentators say "Oh Chris G can come back by chipping them out with Fire Arrows"

or

"He loaded Fire arrows...he is obviously going for chip"

or

"fire arrows do allot of chip. Thats why they are so good"

Lets get this straight. Fire arrows do .07ish chip

Many of these commentators are testers. This leads me to believe that they used to do more chip than they do now. Honestly, it makes sense for them to do extra chip but they are actually one of the WEAKEST projectiles for chip in the game.

Sorry. This was aggravating me for the longest time...carry on

they do 0.70 chip on block, but I do agree with you, people are stupid if this is what they are trying to do, and it sounds horrible when commentators commentate on Arrow.

Essentially they're for chip and knockdown, hard or otherwise.
Whether they're the most efficient or not in either regard is what can be put up to debate with the commentator, but it's function will remain the same for GA users, I imagine, and is the reason why they continue to do so.

You can jump the arrows probably flawlessly at full screen against your buddy in practice mode. In a tournament where you've got a sliver left, blocking is out of the question, and your mind does not shake the fact that your opponent knows this is and is doing whatever he can to get you to take the arrow's damage.

no it is not a hard knockdown, and there is a big difference.

yes they are good for chip if your opponent has 2% life left. that is all. otherwise they are good for people who don't know that arrows hit low if Arrow is ducking while shooting them,

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
they do 0.70 chip on block, but I do agree with you, people are stupid if this is what they are trying to do, and it sounds horrible when commentators commentate on Arrow.

yes they are good for chip if your opponent has 2% life left. that is all. otherwise they are good for people who don't know that arrows hit low if Arrow is ducking while shooting them,
but...I......I said: hard or otherwise?.....

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's the same as saying minigun does good chip, when MB minigun only gets like 3-4% chip.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

good catch