What's new

The Problems That Plague "Kombat League: S1"

Do you dislike Kombat League S1?

• Total voters

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Disconnects are an issue, especially when they end a streak.

I'm not a fan of point decay. I understand the purpose of it (to keep the game active) but I feel like that is better served by more goals. The "5 games a day across 10 days" goals seems like a pretty good way of ensuring people stay invested.

I don't think you'll see more than Ft2. People get salty enough running it back against a particularly bad/annoying loss as it is. Make them do it another time and I'm sure we'd see even more quitting. Sucks, but it is what it is.

I like the ranking ramp and the way lower ranks start by getting some points even when the lose and then not going down in points when they hit the next level. Very gentle start that I think probably helped a lot of people get interested and stay interested.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
hey just so everyone knows, you lose points for not playing. once i got to demi god i stopped playing and currently lost 700 points LOLOL
lol yeah I think Derek and Tyler said the reason why they did this is they want you to keep playing and not be like "yay I'm an Elder God now, see ya!" lol

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Like what though? Searches only take a few seconds at most. Unlike SFV where you have to wait forever just to find a match.
Like do practice more or towers while I wait. Isee what You're saying though. You do get matched up pretty quickly They're have to give it the option to decline matches then, like you also can in sfv

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Don't worry. When the patch hits and NRS inevitably blows out Hanzo's kneecaps with a shotgun instead of applying delicate balance methods, there'll be some other character / move that rises in infamy.

As for the actual thread topic, KL needs a disconnect penalty. A small grace of maybe 2 disconnects in a short time frame (say, an hour or two with diminishing returns if you disconnect frequently) to keep people with flimsy connections from being punished, a scaling penalty scheme of being locked out of KL for longer and longer timeframes if you disconnect a lot in a short period (with the period extending longer as more disconnects occur), and a log of how many disconnects you have that is displayed alongside your W/L ratio. If your amount of disconnects is too large a % compared to your sets played, your opponent may decline you no matter what your connection is.

Boom. Makes those plug pullers eat a bag of dicks by immediately punishing them on repeated disconnects AND in the long term should they attempt to abuse the grace threshold by letting other players give them the middle finger in matchmaking. A win all around in my book.
I like the idea of making disconnecters Wait two ours in lockout. I wouldn't really care if it effected those with horrible connections because they really shouldn't be on a fighting game with shit WiFi or connection.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I like the idea of making disconnecters Wait two ours in lockout. I wouldn't really care if it effected those with horrible connections because they really shouldn't be on a fighting game with shit WiFi or connection.
A TON of multiplayer games have matchmaking lockout penalties for frequent disconnects. It's really surprising that doesn't exist in KL considering it's a 1v1 fighting game. Those who want to abuse the W/L system by disconnecting 100% should be punished by not being able to play the game. You wasted someone else's time? Now the game wastes your time by barring you from play. Simple logic.