What's new

The Problems That Plague "Kombat League: S1"

Do you dislike Kombat League S1?

• Total voters

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I always hesitate to be like "how did the devs of this massive game not see that this minor interaction was buggy and why are they not fixing it"

But the problems with the Kombat League were present in SFV on launch and criticized relentlessly. Save for the input lag and netcode

Afumba

Noob
Yes dodging loses has to go for sure.
I agree we should be able to matchmake with Wired only if we choose, I'd wait a minute between each match or longer to guarantee better connection.
100ms would be a great cutoff point. WiFi can say 80ms and turn into 200ms in game.

That is a great idea idea. I would love to have counter pick to be eliminated since every time I choose Shang they select Scorpion, Sub, Cassie, Erron or Geras. It would be nice to play character loyalists for once.

It would be nice if we could select from available skins in the current season by the point system. Instead of having Errons locked behind top tiers we could choose Erron skin instead of Kitana skin.
Maybe change points into currency to purchase them from earning it?
Yea tell me about it. The second i select Jade they run to Scorpion. And if not in 3/4 matches it happens after they lost a game (well either him or Shang which is worse).

Awarding points would be even better. This way they could keep the rewards in some kind of "KL reward store" and just add additional ones every season. It would also lower the risk of ppl disconnecting since they can work toward the things they like over several seasons. People that made top ranks could also save up points if they dont like something. Ofc they would have to make sure that the top rank gets enough points to buy everything a season offers (example for this season: Elder god enough for 3 skins and 9 gear, god enough for 3 skins 8 gear, master enough for 2 skins 5 gear etcetc)

trufenix

bye felicia
I know right? Why would people that played hundreds of hours on a game give any sort of feedback on it? And on a public forum made to talk about that very same game of all places?! Despicable!
I don't know why being an asshole about it is being celebrated over actual reasonable discussion, but don't worry, I'll keep trolling if you do!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I hate counterpicking as much as the rest of you (I'm an SO FUCKING TIRED of playing vs Cassie, Sonya, and Kabal with jax), but if you ever want to go to a tournament online or offline, counterpicking is something you have to be ready for and have experience against.

I just want to be able to decline any ping over 100ms.

The rest is fine, it's the same shit that happens in every other online game. You can't really stop people being whiny bitches and pulling the ethernet cable out.

EDIT: OH and if anything, the point system is too lenient. There's no way I should be grand master with a record at almost .500 lol. Weak af.

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
I agree with the select wifi or wired because play with laggie wifi players is a punishement and you have to play more than not because you cannot decline. This is absurd and irritating.

The point system: I don't know if this changes because i am still warrior and i get points every time i win and i never lose points if a lose.

ft2 matches i think is the best. Nobody has time to play ft3/ft5 matches and i thing in ft2 you have time to show and to fight with all you got. I think it is not to have time to adapt but to be the best with the few rounds that you have.

kcd117

Noob
The game needs a blacklist feature. In my path from demi-god to god I had to play literally over 80 games to rank up due to people pulling the cable on me. It happened in at least half of those games.

I don't mind counterpicks, I play Kano anyway so pretty much every character with a decent mid is a counterpick lol but I do think you should pick your character before you lobby and there should be specific character ranks and leaderboards. That way you still have something to do after you reach elder god with one character.

I just don't feel like playing KL anymore after got to elder god. Maybe if by finishing a week in the elder god tier you were granted access to a premium shop with the entire item pool where you could buy one single skin/brutality/intro/gear piece for crystals it would keep more people interested for longer. I know it would probably keep me as after spending hella coins in the shrine I still got no sign of a classic Kano piece lol.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Lag on PC seems to have gotten much worse lately. Even wired connections are not giving 3 frames of input lag (or even close), and I'm on fiber optic cable so my upload and download is pretty legit. Should be super stable (at least on my end).
Last match today I had a Lao winning with hat teleport throw, and my D2 never even had a start up animation (pressing when the hat hit the ground, so earlier than necessary). Went to the lab, yep, that's bullshit. Watched the replay and yep WAAAAYYYY more than 3 frames of input lag.
I'm just goofing around waiting for my last daily KL thing. I was playing Baraka (who I don't know how to play at all and wasn't even doing combos). I don't know if I'll even start the next one if they can't get a handle on this net code. It doesn't feel like the Day 1 net code at all at this point.
I'm not competing with people. I'm competing with their connections. That's not fun.

Afumba

Noob
I hate counterpicking as much as the rest of you (I'm an SO FUCKING TIRED of playing vs Cassie, Sonya, and Kabal with jax), but if you ever want to go to a tournament online or offline, counterpicking is something you have to be ready for and have experience against.

I just want to be able to decline any ping over 100ms.

The rest is fine, it's the same shit that happens in every other online game. You can't really stop people being whiny bitches and pulling the ethernet cable out.

EDIT: OH and if anything, the point system is too lenient. There's no way I should be grand master with a record at almost .500 lol. Weak af.
True but at least they should do something about counterpicking for the first match. This being a thing is bs.

Besides a ranked mode doesnt necessarily have to use offline tournament rules. And online tournaments should honestly hide first pick as well.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
the way to fix the counter picking problem is to actually make balanced characters, balance matchups, and just better character design overall. counter picking in other games exists but in street fighter its not prevalent, how often do you see people lose and switch characters once or twice? its really rare but in NRS games its expected because they're so poorly balanced its almost never wise to be a character loyalist in competitive play.

I agree with everything, only thing is I think having 3 different type set options would split people too much, I think FT2 and FT3 would be perfect and better for getting used to upcoming tournaments one might want to attempt. You should also be able to earn some type of currency that allow you to buy skins from the customize character menu, you would be able to buy the character skin and gear you want specifically, it would be alright even if a whole KL season it's only enough to buy about 20 skins when reaching the highest rank, better than having to grind the krypt for 100 hours without a guarantee of getting what you want for sure.

Edit: Being able to choose to fight same rank or higher would be nice too.

The lag switch shit is real... I can't count how many times a spike "conveniently" interrupted one of my combos.

KL is just a very poorly executed idea in general.
This. Was playing Kotal Kahn and literally did a throw on a Raiden and while Kotal was raising his hand to summon the sun to headbutt Raiden through, the game "conveniently" lags and we both wind up at the Online menu where I lost 80 points due to a damn disconnect on the Raiden's behalf!

The lag switch shit is real... I can't count how many times a spike "conveniently" interrupted one of my combos.

KL is just a very poorly executed idea in general.
This. Was playing Kotal Kahn and literally did a throw on a Raiden and while Kotal was raising his hand to summon the sun to headbutt Raiden through, the game "conveniently" lags and we both wind up at the Online menu where I lost 80 points due to a damn disconnect on the Raiden's behalf!

Gaxkang

Banned
Lag on PC seems to have gotten much worse lately. Even wired connections are not giving 3 frames of input lag (or even close), and I'm on fiber optic cable so my upload and download is pretty legit. Should be super stable (at least on my end).
Last match today I had a Lao winning with hat teleport throw, and my D2 never even had a start up animation (pressing when the hat hit the ground, so earlier than necessary). Went to the lab, yep, that's bullshit. Watched the replay and yep WAAAAYYYY more than 3 frames of input lag.
I'm just goofing around waiting for my last daily KL thing. I was playing Baraka (who I don't know how to play at all and wasn't even doing combos). I don't know if I'll even start the next one if they can't get a handle on this net code. It doesn't feel like the Day 1 net code at all at this point.
I'm not competing with people. I'm competing with their connections. That's not fun.
Oh yeah the Kung Lao teleport...folks say you just D2 or hit standing 1 and bang easy, but nah. Online if I see it I just jump away now and avoid it. I gotta be on my toes tho, tight.

I just completed the tasks to get the Scorpion skin and I might be done with Kombat League, unless I play another character or keep grinding Kano. I can't use the variation skills I want with Kano, and the lag bugs me a lot. Least I got close to Grand Master with Kano heh.

D

Deleted member 35141

Couple of days ago I just started the KL 7/1 only loss to a shang with ping consitently above 180 even though the start said 70.

Now I'm finding out im losing points because I haven't been able to play in 2 days WTF.

Besides that shit I just found out they should give you a few more points for a 2-0 sweep or win without losing a round, idk just a idea.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
  1. ft3 battle. ft2 is cheese festival
  2. i DO NOT WANNA PLAY WITH WIFI LAGGY IDIOTS. That is ranked game. We play seriously. Wanna play with jumping ping from 100 to 500, lagging wifi mixup characters - sub-zero winter ice, sonya, erron (and his wifi lagging fatal blow) - go in casual modes, i dont want these shits in ranked
  3. System is not working, there is no punisment for loose. If you scrub and spam teleport in block all the time, just play so many matches as you can - and you will be master. That is not fair. Such players must stay in "novice" and play with same scrubs

From gm to the other league is just a grind fest, i can actually say that when i am online i can't find a single match below 100ms ping and the Sub Zero family out there is too mutch . Fun actually dead.

Last edited:

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
first maatch of the week. forced game against a wifi player. spikes up to a ping of...no kidding 1540, he teabags while actually is on lower health. match ends..yeah...everything is fine.

a ranked system is in place so that people get matched with equally skilled players which leads to both enjoy the online experience. this system in its current state has a complete different goal which in itself is okay but they should have made it a seperate thing off of it and offer a normal ranked system which is build upon giving you good connections and a good matchmaking/system to grant you equal opponents.i really hope they listen to the feedback and improve or change the system over the month/years.

Last edited:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Two easy things I think should happen
Allow WIRED to ALWAYS decline WiFi. Wifi => Wifi uses the current validations

Hidden select on your opponents screen for YOUR character. I don't know why this isn't a thing.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Two easy things I think should happen
Allow WIRED to ALWAYS decline WiFi. Wifi => Wifi uses the current validations

Hidden select on your opponents screen for YOUR character. I don't know why this isn't a thing.
It makes the counterpick meta kinda funny. Like I have a Kung Lao Kombat Kard and I instantly go to Kung Lao and pick Hat Tricks in the first two seconds and people still turn on Hidden Cursor so they can shock me with the Scorpion pick

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've also noticed the game disconnects against Tryhard scorpion players when they lose and erron black more than anyone else. Coincidence? Further proof hes a scrub friendly character.
It is weird how often the hidden cursor people just choose Scorpion. Whenever someone does it, I just assume that I'll face a Scorpion and I'm right way more often than I'm wrong.
Lmao I know right? Because Scorpion totally has a character that can counter him easily....oh....wait.