What's new

Guide The Power Of Will - A Community Green Lantern Guide

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Hey everyone I'm new to Green Lantern, and he is one my mains, I have learned about 3 of his bnbs, and am in the process of learning some more, what I would like to know before I continue is what are GLs block strings, cant battle effectively if you only go for combos

PwnStar

Noob
I pretty much cancel all my blockstrings into bf2. EX j.3, 223, bf2. No one's interrupted or punished it yet...

PwnStar

Noob
I think so. The frame data is wrong. So far I've been abusing bf2 a lot on block and have yet to see a reason not to. I should probably go into training and test this. Can anyone confirm? Do we have a list of interruptable strings either? So far all I know is b12 can be jabbed.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I think so. The frame data is wrong. So far I've been abusing bf2 a lot on block and have yet to see a reason not to. I should probably go into training and test this. Can anyone confirm? Do we have a list of interruptable strings either? So far all I know is b12 can be jabbed.
I was reading that GL also has a frame trap, is there away to do it up close.

I, like all other newbies, play GL. Dude is tight, son. Thank you for the basic strategy game plan for him. Just started playing a few hours ago.

you can back dash and get away clean from b13 string between the 2 hits.

We gotta check and see what (if any) characters recover in time to punish.

GnG CrimsonPanther
NY_Jailhouse
THTB
Dark_Rob
These characters can full combo punish him;
Nightwing
Superman
Aquaman
Grundy (This is a guessing game. If GL does anything except jump back he will eat a Walking Corpse. BUT if he does jump back he can get full combo punished)
Killer Frost
Batman (If trait is activated)

These characters can punish with a fast special;
Flash (Flying Uppercut)
Cyborg (Power Fist)
Green Arrow (Hurricane Bow)
Hawkgirl (Can avoid it all together and whiff punish with Wing Evade then 3)
Black Adam (Lightning Storm)
Deathstroke (Any Quick Fire and Sword Flip)
Joker (Acid Blossom)

WayoftheFist

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
These characters can full combo punish him;
Nightwing
Superman
Aquaman
Grundy (This is a guessing game. If GL does anything except jump back he will eat a Walking Corpse. BUT if he does jump back he can get full combo punished)
Catwoman (CAN combo punish if her Cat Dash isn't properly blocked)
Killer Frost

These characters can punish with a fast special;
Flash (Flying Uppercut)
Cyborg (Power Fist)
Green Arrow (Hurricane Bow)
Hawkgirl (Can avoid it all together and whiff punish with Wing Evade then 3)
Black Adam (Lightning Storm)
Deathstroke (Any Quick Fire and Sword Flip)
Joker (Acid Blossom)
Good shit, this will be golden info in the long run of this game.

What do you mean by "properly block" cat dash?

Also, I would imagine that Batman could punish it if he has his trait out

Nevermind about the Catwoman thing. I recorded GL wrong so it actually doesn't work.

And yea Batman can certainly punish if his trait is out.

GL is probably going to drop to either low high or high mid tier the more the game evolves unless he gets buffed in some way.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
GL is probably going to drop to either low high or high mid tier the more the game evolves unless he gets buffed in some way.
I really doubt that, he's too solid. IMO This is really a non-issue because you can poke with b1 chaingun if they think they're slick and can punish your strings.

GL has tools that in the hands of a player with sound fundamentals are incredibly fucked up.

On a related note, I played a high level cyborg for the first time yesterday. Easily his worst MU and possibly only one he clearly loses.

The reason why it's so bad compared to other zoners is that when you fight other zoners, the only damage they get are from your mistakes so you don't have to make moves until you're sure it's safe. Cyborg FORCES you to actively move at him while simultaneously navigating a silly labyrinth of fireballs, air fireballs, missiles, and grappling hooks.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Unless my reactions are complete ass, this isn't something to bank on all the time. The window to backdash isn't tiny, but the string is too fast to do on total reaction.

I really doubt that, he's too solid. IMO This is really a non-issue because you can poke with b1 chaingun if they think they're slick and can punish your strings.

GL has tools that in the hands of a player with sound fundamentals are incredibly fucked up.

On a related note, I played a high level cyborg for the first time yesterday. Easily his worst MU and possibly only one he clearly loses.

The reason why it's so bad compared to other zoners is that when you fight other zoners, the only damage they get are from your mistakes so you don't have to make moves until you're sure it's safe. Cyborg FORCES you to actively move at him while simultaneously navigating a silly labyrinth of fireballs, air fireballs, missiles, and grappling hooks.
It is pretty ridiculous. I played one but he left after he won. ::shrug::

It feels like Kenshi vs Sub Zero. Only this time I'm the one that's on the receiving end.

Who is this "high level cyborg player"?

Kappa

Dan

KomboMaker
What do you guys do when you do the the following string and your opponent blocks: b1,3,xx,4 ?

I play with the alternative controller (street fighter like) and I think it's impossible to connect a Machine Gun cancel (b,db,d,df,f2) after this, so what I was thinking is that it would be safer to go for a 2231. In case the other player drops his guard I would connect a force lift after the 223.

I appreciate your comments here. :)

O
I was trying to cover your betrayal of the corps lmao. and LBSH you're probably already the best cyborg player on the market
I was trying to cover your betrayal of the corps lmao. and LBSH you're probably already the best cyborg player on the market
Well arturo kinda bodied my cyborg last night with green lantern
Still dont think its a good matchup but he played it pretty perfectly and patiently
I got 5th again btw ran cyborg only
Dat black terminator

Dan

KomboMaker
O

Well arturo kinda bodied my cyborg last night with green lantern
Still dont think its a good matchup but he played it pretty perfectly and patiently
I got 5th again btw ran cyborg only
Dat black terminator
Hey Jailhouse, I was rooting for you against Brady's Aquaderp. Next time I hope you kick his ass.

By the way, your Lantern is very good. So does the KT Smith one.