What's new

Guide The Power Of Will - A Community Green Lantern Guide

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
O

Well arturo kinda bodied my cyborg last night with green lantern
Still dont think its a good matchup but he played it pretty perfectly and patiently
I got 5th again btw ran cyborg only
Dat black terminator
I watched that and you kinda broke my heart lmao. Arturo is gdlk in the first place, plus he's been playing the game for months and seemed completely aware of Cyborg's shit.

I could see what he was doing though, he would wait for a shot to jump over or an air one that was over his head, avoid it, and then throw back an EX rocket that if you don't respect hits you for 17% and UTKDs leaving him plenty of time to get up near you. Pretty good tech in that MU

chores

bad at things
These characters can full combo punish him;
Nightwing
Superman
Aquaman
Grundy (This is a guessing game. If GL does anything except jump back he will eat a Walking Corpse. BUT if he does jump back he can get full combo punished)
Killer Frost
Batman (If trait is activated)

These characters can punish with a fast special;
Flash (Flying Uppercut)
Cyborg (Power Fist)
Green Arrow (Hurricane Bow)
Hawkgirl (Can avoid it all together and whiff punish with Wing Evade then 3)
Black Adam (Lightning Storm)
Deathstroke (Any Quick Fire and Sword Flip)
Joker (Acid Blossom)

WayoftheFist
can GL punish in a mirror match?

Nolan1654

Green Lantern Corps
can some 1 tell me how to land this JI3 223~Lift(m) B3 Jump 2 223~lift (hard knockdown) = ??? (Damage to be added, easier to land than B23.)
Since im having an easier time doing b23 then 223 i must be timing it wrong or something.

can some 1 tell me how to land this JI3 223~Lift(m) B3 Jump 2 223~lift (hard knockdown) = ??? (Damage to be added, easier to land than B23.)
Since im having an easier time doing b23 then 223 i must be timing it wrong or something.
It is 39%

It is really tight but possible. You need to hit the JI2 the moment you start to fall. The opponent will almost always switch sides so be ready for that.

HOWEVER just don't use it. Use JI3, 22, LM MB, B3, JI2, 223, LM

It's 40%. Due to damage scaling the other is 1% lower.

And alot harder.

discovered today, decided to post videos.

doing the dash into it is extremely tight timing and probably not practical. The walk forward into it is though.
pay special attention to the trait timing on the reset at the end, youre perfectly in time to do the meaty rockets again.

^this is ridiculous

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Updated and better organized the OP. I haven't forgotten about yas! Let me know if there are other things that should be added.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Anyone come up with new GL tech? I haven't thought of anything new in a while which is a little discouraging. Not that he needs fancy tech to dominate, it just helps lol

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Anyone come up with new GL tech? I haven't thought of anything new in a while which is a little discouraging. Not that he needs fancy tech to dominate, it just helps lol
Yea same here,I want something new to practice with him..the Jailhouse reset and the Turbine mix-up is nice but I do want some more.Haha.The greed is strong,more Lantern tech must be among us

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
I have been using a poor man's version of the vortex.

End combo in 223. UTKD. Dash in and make a read. They can wake up and back dash but wakeups can be punished and so can backdashes.

Not ground breaking.

Jip2 canceled into air rocket has worked well for me.

I'm still free to batman, soops, DD, and Frost.

When my opponent picks them my only hope is that they aren't good or intelligent..or both.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I have been using a poor man's version of the vortex.

End combo in 223. UTKD. Dash in and make a read. They can wake up and back dash but wakeups can be punished and so can backdashes.

Not ground breaking.

Jip2 canceled into air rocket has worked well for me.

I'm still free to batman, soops, DD, and Frost.

When my opponent picks them my only hope is that they aren't good or intelligent..or both.
Ill see if I can find my footage from ECT, I had to play, like 3 supermen in my pool

Squizz

Corps Speedster
Would B1 to Minigun act as a block string or can you get stuffed in between. Point here being, B1 to 2/3 isnt safe anymore since the community found out they can stuff it after the 1, how are we responding? Would check, at work and mind racing over GL combos.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
What's the ideal combo after a F3?

I tend to do F3, J2, 223 ex oas rocket, 223 lift for 36% one bar

New tech is hard for this character he's kinda straightforward
There's gotta be some shit with air normal cancelled into rocket that were missing

I did come up with a front extension of the vortex where instead of dashing under you jump forward and time a jump1 as late as possible to reset them standing and you can immediately 50/50 them. It's hard to time though but doable

Also incorporating missiles more and confirming full combos off of traitmissles

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
There's gotta be some shit with air normal cancelled into rocket that were missing
Yea I feel the same,feel like tech besides what us GL players already know now thanks to u and others would be kinda hard to come by at this point. Like u said he's pretty straight forward

I did come up with a front extension of the vortex where instead of dashing under you jump forward and time a jump1 as late as possible to reset them standing and you can immediately 50/50 them. It's hard to time though but doable

Also incorporating missiles more and confirming full combos off of traitmissles
JI1, AOR? Might work.

And as far as Rocket Power, it really seems too slow on start up to do anything besides the 223, Trait, RP meaty hit.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Is air rocket safe when cancelled from an air normal on block? If so that's pretty good because if they get hit by the rocket ill bet it's enough advantage to guarantee a b1 check

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Is air rocket safe when cancelled from an air normal on block? If so that's pretty good because if they get hit by the rocket ill bet it's enough advantage to guarantee a b1 check
Good point,damn is that true?? JI2 cancelled to Air Rocket confirmed into B1 on the ground would be amazing =-)