What's new

Guide The Power Of Will - A Community Green Lantern Guide

This guide also doesnt mention that you CANNOT land B+23 if your JI3 hits a crouching opponent.

It also doesnt mention that you never want to end your combos with mini-gun. ALWAYS end with a lift. This causes an untechable knockdown at GL's most effective range.

Prima guide...

SevenSeas

I'm a big guy, for you.
hmmm...

I think the prima GL guide is a much better source of info.. no.. really.. it actually is.. GL players should seriously invest in it.
Its a good thing you have no vested interests in said guide.

You seem like a trustworthy guy who has no reason to withhold such information.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
hmmm...

I think the prima GL guide is a much better source of info.. no.. really.. it actually is.. GL players should seriously invest in it.
Yea guys buy Bradys book :REO I really would if i wasnt throwing down 80 dollars to get the game and season pass already. Having the guide written by you Carl and Jr is awesome and i wish i could use 20 more dollars to get it but i cant.

prima guide for GL also gives you EVERY BnB for all situations and the damage is correct. Unlike a guide written off of the pirated version of the game where the damage is not accurate.

SevenSeas

I'm a big guy, for you.
prima guide for GL also gives you EVERY BnB for all situations and the damage is correct. Unlike a guide written off of the pirated version of the game where the damage is not accurate.
True. But what happens when the inevitable patch nerfs him?

Living breathing guides will inevitable be better as more stuff is found and stuff changes.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
True. But what happens when the inevitable patch nerfs him?

Living breathing guides will inevitable be better as more stuff is found and stuff changes.
Well what hes saying is that its updated for the day 1 patch. And i doubt that another major patch will be coming anytime soon after that. Maybe a couple of hotfixes but nothing serious. If you have the money i would buy the guide. It will contain TONS of relevant information that you otherwise probably wont see until tech/discussion gets really moving on these boards.

SevenSeas

I'm a big guy, for you.
GL, Aquaman, Sinestro, Grundy, Joker, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Superman

Hmm, I'm interested in GL, Aquaman, Sinestro, Shazam and Superman.

Good enough for me. I'll get it if you do one thing for me...

Tell me the news, is Sinestro terrible? Pig of the Hut and Chris G says so.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
The damage was updated for the day 1 patch. The ones that weren't are noted that they have to be updated and I just haven't gotten around to updating it yet. This isn't MY guide Tom. It is a community guide. People will buy the prima guide regardless. I understand you have self interest in the promotion of your guide but please take your negativity to another thread. This thread was designed so that we could all contribute. If you want to, please do, but please do it in a pleasant manner.

Thank you.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Updated the B23 information and sourced Tom Brady.

Also, Tom Brady no combos on the OP ended in chaingun...they all explicitly state Lift (hard knockdown). I don't know if you were basing this on our prior conversations or if you just didn't read. Either way I thought you would like to know.

For all you that want the most accurate information day 1 please buy the Prima guide.

For those of you who want the updated information as the game develops please share your information here and the guide will be updated.

sea_guy

Monitor
Tell me the news, is Sinestro terrible? Pig of the Hut and Chris G says so.
Chris G didn't say Sinestro was terrible, he said he was a braindead character and mad easy. Arturo said something similar, that earlier in beta Sinestro was broken and they had to tone him down.

SevenSeas

I'm a big guy, for you.
Chris G didn't say Sinestro was terrible, he said he was a braindead character and mad easy. Arturo said something similar, that earlier in beta Sinestro was broken and they had to tone him down.
In the earlier versions sure, but the new patches broke him. Check the Pig of the Hut guide. And in the video he did say that Sinestro was crap, in a broken way. Like, he had nothing going for him.

sea_guy

Monitor
That's not what he said. He was asked to name a character as silly as Zero is in Marvel, who's safe on everything and just overpowered in general, and he named Sinestro - with the caveat that of course nothing's as outright broken as Marvel - before revising that to Aquaman. Chris G was a tester earlier in the beta, when Sinestro was OP, so of course he wouldn't think he was terrible..

rawool

Noob
(second damage is with Lantern's Green Light activated)

ji3, lift, (mb), b+3, ji3, 223 ~ lift (40%/44%, 1 bar)

These are the one that needed damage updates:
b+13, lift, (mb), b+3, ji3, 223~lift (31%/33%, 1 bar)
ji3, 123~lift, (mb), b+3, 223~lift = (40%/44%, 1 bar)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
hmmm...

I believe everyone has the updated frame data. This should be a solid source for player to player talk about how to use the character. Prima guide has its place, but will soon be outdated by different strategies.

I believe everyone has the updated frame data. This should be a solid source for player to player talk about how to use the character. Prima guide has its place, but will soon be outdated by different strategies.
it pretty much has its uses in like the first 4 months the game is out. after that new strategies might appear. But if you want to level up fast in the first few months of the game the guide should help you understand the game in a short time period, instead of picking up little pieces of information on each thread.