What's new

Guide The Power Of Will - A Community Green Lantern Guide

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
What are GL's wakeup options? They weren't discussed in the OP.
His wakeups are pretty bad. I will put a section in there describing them. Basically a lot of his stuff has a slow startup time. It's one of his weaknesses in general. Once he is knocked down, if you don't jump at him he doesn't have a whole lot of options. At least from my experience. Tom Brady may be able to shed some light on that.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
His wakeups are pretty bad. I will put a section in there describing them. Basically a lot of his stuff has a slow startup time. It's one of his weaknesses in general. Once he is knocked down, if you don't jump at him he doesn't have a whole lot of options. At least from my experience. Tom Brady may be able to shed some light on that.
Turbine, I think, might be his most reliable wakeup when the opponent isn't jumping, which is bad.

On top of this, his mobility is really not that good, with air turbine being his only form of air mobility, alongside slow dashes. His walkspeeds aren't bad, though, just slow start on it.

UGH WTF THIS IS REPTILE ALL OVER AGAIN LMFAO! >_< I sure do know how to pick 'em.

THTB

After playing Juggs for an eternity today...I really see GL's weakness. I knew his mobility was bad and that it was going to be a problem, but anyone who can outzone him, and keep him from getting close enough is going to be a hard matchup. That means Ares is one particular one, I can see Sinestro being a problem, Lex is barely even IMO, simply because GL's rocket is really good in the matchup, Cyborg might be problematic, Deathstroke is a little on his side right now though I think it'll be even in the end, and Green Arrow could be an issue.

Idk how GL was when they were testing, but he must've been fucking redonkulous. Lift is good, and since in this game, if you can't punish it when it's space, it'll be problematic. And his zoning is solid. BUT his keepaway game can be outdone by quite a few characters. Not saying he's ass, but this top 3 talk, I'm not really seeing.

PwnStar

Noob
To set up wake up game do a long combo and end with b3, b1 (instead of b13~lift) and they'll be right at your feet for f3/b1/throw/etc... mix up. Also you can end combos with bf2MB to do the same thing. EX:

22~bf1MB, b3, j3, b23~bf2MB (you can combo with 223~db2, but we want the wake up game if we're doing this)

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Just wanted to drop by and say this is a great thread!
To set up wake up game do a long combo and end with b3, b1 (instead of b13~lift) and they'll be right at your feet for f3/b1/throw/etc... mix up. Also you can end combos with bf2MB to do the same thing. EX:

22~bf1MB, b3, j3, b23~bf2MB (you can combo with 223~db2, but we want the wake up game if we're doing this)
So we meet again......I think?

ninjay

Noob
If you get them in the corner, you can use f2 for pressure and to set up a b1 frame trap. If they are blocking low you can f2 d3 into a combo.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
How is lift not a good wake up?

Also, he definitely loses at fullscreen but you just gotta accept you can't do anything from there and walk forward and duck. Nobody is going to be dealing damage to you at that range unless you make mistakes and do risky stuff.

If you're feeling frisky you can try to air turbine but that will likely just get you knocked back to full screen.

It's like trying to play against Sagat. Just gotta navigate your way forward until you have things to threaten with.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
OOOO I really like this. Reminds me of Mayos Kenshi corner shenanigans. I will definitely be throwing that into my arsenal. I will throw it up in the guide as well.
:) I`m playing GL as well. At least for now as I get started.

"UPDATE - GREEN LANTERN CAN RESET WITH HIS LAUNCHER LEAVING HIM AT +7!" -- Chance, what does this mean?

I personally don't "pressure" with him but I find myself being most successful with conditioning them with a lot of B1 until they get to comfortable then SLAM F3 overhead.
I do something similar, because back 1 hits low, if they are just holding the low block i will do back 1, 2. 2 is an overhead.

THTB

GL's oki game is humorous. Any time you land a normal lift, they have to respect b13, especially with trait active. Also, using missiles for advancing is glorious. I learned you can have them blocked, dash in, and not even Deathstroke can shoot you out the dash. Good vs some zoners if you find them doing their projectiles.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
You don't they wont reach full screen anyways. Just shy of it.
I know I meant full screen zoners as a character class, DS etc.

Seemed like THTB meant that missiles are good for advancing against them and I don't see how it's possible to actually get them out. Like, take a step forward, throw missile, dash in.

THTB

If you are trying to get in and know you can get then out, do it lol. Not really a super strong strategy that you'll apply on a consistent basis. But there if you can make it work, like after you get the opponent to stop doing stuff for whatever reason.

They also don't disappear if they form on screen before the hitbox gets active. So you have a bigger window than expected. It's sports like Reptile forceballs.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
THTB what do you think about this. Idk if its interuptible but i think it could be good if not. B13 trait cancel on block into chain gun. If this doesnt have a gap to interrupt i think it could be really good. Especially if you ex the gun for more chip. You can also do this with any block string to get an easy trait out and set some stuff up. I just dont know if it has a gap.

Dark_Rob

Noob
THTB what do you think about this. Idk if its interuptible but i think it could be good if not. B13 trait cancel on block into chain gun. If this doesnt have a gap to interrupt i think it could be really good. Especially if you ex the gun for more chip. You can also do this with any block string to get an easy trait out and set some stuff up. I just dont know if it has a gap.
Its hella interruptable if you trait cancel. Trait cancel is actually not that fast, thus why we can only do it off that one string. However if you just do B1,3,minigun then your golden. MB minigun is even more golden for stupid chip damage. You can hitconfirm b1,3 and know whether to use the trait or not but you have to be looking for B1 to hit. If B1 is blocked you cant hitconfirm 3 into trait(at least i cant lol) So you may occasionally hit the 3 and not get anything afterwards but better safe than sorry and at least you were doing good hit confirming.
But I wouldnt do the trait unless you actually see the B1 in B13 connect, otherwise your just hoping and praying.

Dark_Rob

Noob
One other thing(sorry to double post)

If you do happen to do a blind trait cancel on a blocked B13 dont go into minigun, go into lift. Lift comes out much faster than minigun so if your opponent hesitates at all in punishing the trait activation they could get grabbed by the lift. And since you already activated trait it will be a bounce lift. Not that I recommend doing blind trait cancels, but if you do, go with lift.