What's new

Guide The Power Of Will - A Community Green Lantern Guide

Dark_Rob

Noob
Alrighty. So 223 chain is the best blockstring. I like that.
I concur. However it is no longer a block infinite so most of the time its best to cancel into minigun at the end. However its only -1 so on a conditioned opponent waiting for the minigun you still might be able to slip in his F3 overhead or a throw. Just not as much as when it was a block inf. I was abusing the shit out of that to lol

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I am going to update the main post with the B13~trait lift tech. That is a phenominal thing to add, along with the 38% BNB.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Was a typo, I posted the correct string in the main post. :)
Also I really cant take credit for the B1,3,trait thing. I did not discover it. That information was given to me. I cant say where I got it right now, but it will be obvious in a few days.

Also these jump in 3 into B23 combos are much harder to do in the final build because the gravity seems to have changed slightly. (For instance 2,2,3,minigun the minigun now whiffs where as it connected in the vanilla build) You can still do the Jump in 3 into B23 but you have to do it very very deep. To deep to be considered a BnB I feel. Jump in 2 into B23 works fine. Also you can still Jump in 3 into 2,2,3 easy as well. The patch changes alot, so alot will probably have to be updated.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Also I really cant take credit for the B1,3,trait thing. I did not discover it. That information was given to me. I cant say where I got it right now, but it will be obvious in a few days.

Also these jump in 3 into B23 combos are much harder to do in the final build because the gravity seems to have changed slightly. (For instance 2,2,3,minigun the minigun now whiffs where as it connected in the vanilla build) You can still do the Jump in 3 into B23 but you have to do it very very deep. To deep to be considered a BnB I feel. Jump in 2 into B23 works fine. Also you can still Jump in 3 into 2,2,3 easy as well. The patch changes alot, so alot will probably have to be updated.
Just so there is no confusion, I am playing the patch.

Also, I know who your source is. I talked to them as well. It's a community guide tho. All input is welcome. I don't want any elitist bullshit. I am hoping the Green Lantern Community can be one of the best most productive character communities of Injustice :)

Dark_Rob

Noob
Just so there is no confusion, I am playing the patch.

Also, I know who your source is. I talked to them as well.
And you feel Jump in 3 into B23 is easy to connect? Maybe Im just doing it wrong. It seems to work only from a distance and if you do it deep enough. Ive always gone into 2,2,3 from a Jump in 3 because its a mid and is easier to connect. But B23 def nets you more damage. Il keep working on it.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
And you feel Jump in 3 into B23 is easy to connect? Maybe Im just doing it wrong. It seems to work only from a distance and if you do it deep enough. Ive always gone into 2,2,3 from a Jump in 3 because its a mid and is easier to connect. But B23 def nets you more damage. Il keep working on it.

When I wrote the initial guide I was trying to find ways to get the most damaging hard knockdown inducing combo I could find. The b23 starter was that ticket so I threw it up in the guide. Honestly, the most practical BNB's you can have are the grounded ones or ones off of cross ups that hit the backs of the opponents. B23 does more damage, but I concur that 223 is easier to link. I practiced it enough that I can tell when I can do the b23 and when I should do the 223. Both are definitely useful.

Dark_Rob

Noob
When I wrote the initial guide I was trying to find ways to get the most damaging hard knockdown inducing combo I could find. The b23 starter was that ticket so I threw it up in the guide. Honestly, the most practical BNB's you can have are the grounded ones or ones off of cross ups that hit the backs of the opponents. B23 does more damage, but I concur that 223 is easier to link. I practiced it enough that I can tell when I can do the b23 and when I should do the 223. Both are definitely useful.
I got you. Me I like my combos easy so my old,slow self doesnt mess them up.

I can do this one easy enough. Jump in 2,B23,Oa's rocket(MB),B23,lift(MB),B3,B13,lift 47% This ones cool because the rocket bounces them over your head and reverses position.(usefull if your in the corner I guess)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I got you. Me I like my combos easy so my old,slow self doesnt mess them up.

I can do this one easy enough. Jump in 2,B23,Oa's rocket(MB),B23,lift(MB),B3,B13,lift 47% This ones cool because the rocket bounces them over your head and reverses position.(usefull if your in the corner I guess)
OOOO I really like this. Reminds me of Mayos Kenshi corner shenanigans. I will definitely be throwing that into my arsenal. I will throw it up in the guide as well.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So, not in the corner then.

Would you say there are plenty of combos/specials that are frame unsafe but with sufficient pusback?
They will vary from character to character, but if they have a lot of push back odds are they are safe even if the frames are negative.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Another tactic I have been using to a lot of success is ending my combos after 223 into his turbine advancing special. It crosses under and allows me to immediately go into a b1 or a f3. Good for catching people who mash wakeups.

Dark_Rob

Noob
OOOO I really like this. Reminds me of Mayos Kenshi corner shenanigans. I will definitely be throwing that into my arsenal. I will throw it up in the guide as well.
Chance try this one. Its looks sweet.

Jump in 2,B23,Oa's rocket(MB), B13,trait>lift,223,lift(MB),B3, 223>lift.
21 hits, 49% damage

Remote15

Noob
Can we get some videos?

Green Lantern not only has good combos, he has pretty combos. I always like how they look.