What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I'm open to answer any gameplay questions about Hawkgirl. Can post some combos later too.
Can you post her moveset (special moves)?
Can you confirm if you can fly, air attack xx unfly ? (try doing it with air 2 and air d3) This would make combos like d2 xx fly air 2 xx unfly into something possible.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Is she really the worst in the game? :(

We'll see when the game is out and fully developed. I think she has weaknesses, like low combo damage, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the community can come up with that I overlooked.

Regardless, she is very cool and has one of the most interesting traits in the game.

Death

Noob
Hawk girl just has really slow normals. Her frame data just reminded me too much of mileenas so I'm staying away from her lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Can you post her moveset (special moves)?
Can you confirm if you can fly, air attack xx unfly ? (try doing it with air 2 and air d3) This would make combos like d2 xx fly air 2 xx unfly into something possible.

The mace, which you can charge and dash cancel or charge and throw it at an upwards angle. MB version has her following it with a shoulder barge. This can be done in the air, either a straight version or a downards arc version.

A torpedo, which is like Raiden's Superman. MB version has an extra hit. This can be done in the air or flying.

Then her most interesting move, Wing Evade. It's like a short hop backwards. She has 3 attacks from it or she can cancel into flight. An ant-air mace, a flying attack, or an overhead combo starter. The startup of the Wing Evade has invincibility and dodges moves. You can use it in setups where you bait a poke and then Wing Evade and make it whiff or you can use it almost like a parry and escape things with small gaps most characters can't.

She can land like that. However landing may be too slow to continue combos.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Is she a rushdown,zoner,turtle etc... type character?

A turtle. Unless I'm missing something and other Hawkgirl players find better tech. Her best strength IMO is getting the lifelead and running away, annoying the opponent by not letting them play the game. Seriously, she's great at it.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
In the battle arena video she did a MB straight air mace in the air and it lead to a combo. Does she still have that?

Sadly you can't do that in the final version. The MB version was changed and she now connects with a shoulder bash.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What's the frame data of her air d3? (divekick)
(not sure if you can post it tho lol)

10 frames, I think. Could be wrong. It's VERY fast though. One of her best moves. You can do it instantly with flight~d+3. It's a good crossup too. Easy to mixup instant dive kick and a crossup dive kick.

Another good move she has is d+2. Pretty fast and gigantic hitbox. Can even blow up crossups. Has to be one of the top d+2 for anti-air in the game. I never have found a juicy combo off it though. I just do d+2, 3,2~b,f+2 for like 20%. If someone can find better combos it'd be a big deal.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Another good move she has is d+2. Pretty fast and gigantic hitbox. Can even blow up crossups. Has to be one of the top d+2 for anti-air in the game. I never have found a juicy combo off it though. I just do d+2, 3,2~b,f+2 for like 20%. If someone can find better combos it'd be a big deal.
Is her divekick safe/negative on block?

Also here's a combo idea:
d2 xx fly air 2 xx unfly d1, n3, something xx bf2.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I really feel like she has a lot of unrecognized potential and she will be a serious project for me.

So far my combos are:

123 > B3 > J3 > f13 xx BF2 which is 35% meterless, not bad at all.

Another good thing to note is that her Wing Charge (raiden superman like move) is totally safe on block. Not even Lex Corp Charge could punish it.

I feel like a lot of good zoners in this game can't deal with her just flying and throwing her mace down at them, plus she has that bird lao like ability to bait anti airs.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Is her divekick safe/negative on block?

Also here's a combo idea:
d2 xx fly air 2 xx unfly d1, n3, something xx bf2.
Her dive kick is unsafe. Frame data says -10, all I know is corp charge can punish it.

That combo doesn't work. I don't think unfly combos will work unless I'm missing something.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
She has a really long range, fast d+1. She can punish some moves most have trouble with if they're low negative disadvantage with pushback. Off a d+1 she can do d+1~Wing Evade 2 as a combo.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Why is her combo damage so low? Would she be too good if she hit hard?

Does she struggle more with a certain character type than others(in general)?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Omg what did she say..."is your insurance still up"? Lol...im on the fence with her...she looks interesting but I heard she is slow.... GGA 16 Bit whats's her damage like? Who would you compare her to in MK9?

Status
Not open for further replies.