What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Oh, that might be the case then. Either way, she looks so good and I can't wait to get my hands on her.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Definitely the best look female character revealed so far.

NRS finally got the bottom half of a girls face right on the first try, at the cost of the top half.

Neclord

Noob
I am really surprised. Hawkgirl is the only female character in the game, who looks 100% female. No manly chin like most of the other women. Thumps up!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Hawkgirl needs more love, people.

Anyway, is anyone here planning to main her? I don't know how, but as of right now, she's definitely my favorite character announced.

Hawkgirl needs more love, people.

Anyway, is anyone here planning to main her? I don't know how, but as of right now, she's definitely my favorite character announced.
Hard for me to say since I plan on hitting "Random" a lot, and naturally I would be remiss in not using Raven since I was one of the ones clamoring for her. However, I do plan on using Hawkgirl a lot as well. I love both of her outfits and she looks to be pretty fun to play as. Aesthetically speaking, she's probably my favorite female character in the game(sorry Raven, evil face does deduct a point or two).

Law Hero

Hard for me to say since I plan on hitting "Random" a lot, and naturally I would be remiss in not using Raven since I was one of the ones clamoring for her. However, I do plan on using Hawkgirl a lot as well. I love both of her outfits and she looks to be pretty fun to play as. Aesthetically speaking, she's probably my favorite female character in the game(sorry Raven, evil face does deduct a point or two).
Yeah, I know what you mean, and I was clamoring for Raven as well. No turning back now, right?

Still, the sound that mace makes when it collides with Green Arrow's face is music to mine ears. And I never hit the random button. My brothers and I always divide up the cast amongst ourselves and stick to those characters. We really really hate mirror matches. Heh.

Yeah, I know what you mean, and I was clamoring for Raven as well. No turning back now, right?

Still, the sound that mace makes when it collides with Green Arrow's face is music to mine ears. And I never hit the random button. My brothers and I always divide up the cast amongst ourselves and stick to those characters. We really really hate mirror matches. Heh.
Luckily they both look like a helluva lot of fun to use. I hope. Raven definitely looks like she'll fight better than my custom SC5 Raven. :p

If it's a cast I like, then I'll always hit random. Otherwise, I do tend to pick favorites. For example, my go-to group in MvC3 was Dante, Chun-li, and Iron Man. SSFIV I mostly use Chun-li and Ryu. SCV I use my customs and hardly ever touch the primary cast.

Law Hero

Luckily they both look like a helluva lot of fun to use. I hope. Raven definitely looks like she'll fight better than my custom SC5 Raven. :p

If it's a cast I like, then I'll always hit random. Otherwise, I do tend to pick favorites. For example, my go-to group in MvC3 was Dante, Chun-li, and Iron Man. SSFIV I mostly use Chun-li and Ryu. SCV I use my customs and hardly ever touch the primary cast.
What weapon do you choose in SCV? When playing that, I almost always use my custom characters, and those Raven Claws always look good on females.

I always just choose characters I like and try to make them work. MvC3 was Vergil/Tasky/Ammy, SSFIV was Gen, PSABR is Spike, and SCV is Nightmare and Tira (and sometimes Mitsu).

What weapon do you choose in SCV? When playing that, I almost always use my custom characters, and those Raven Claws always look good on females.

I always just choose characters I like and try to make them work. MvC3 was Vergil/Tasky/Ammy, SSFIV was Gen, PSABR is Spike, and SCV is Nightmare and Tira (and sometimes Mitsu).
I use a variety, Mitsurugi, Taki, Raphael, and Siegfried. For Raven I gave her Viola's style, seemed to work.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I hope she's boss with rush down and has flight cancels.
This will literally be my deciding factor for maining hawkgirl.
Unfortunately they butchered Raven, and no I don't mean looks, I mean playstyle. Based on her books from the comics and show, you would think they would make a more interesting playstyle, but no. Maybe it was my fault for expecting too much from NRS and thinking they were Arcs or French Bread, or something. At this point my faith is low and I doubt they made Hawgirl's flight cancel in the way I'm thinking of.

Law Hero

I can see flight cancels happening but nothing too extreme...i guess it all depends on if her flight is a special move or a character trait. Either way i see myself using her, we need more gameplay
Do we know her character trait yet? I kind of hope it's not just temporary flight or something like that.

And as far as her flight powers actually go, hopefully they allow for some sneaky crossups and interesting oki setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.