What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know her character trait yet? I kind of hope it's not just temporary flight or something like that.

And as far as her flight powers actually go, hopefully they allow for some sneaky crossups and interesting oki setups.
Unfortunately no, we have info at her character trait at all...The only video i have even seen was the battle arena. But yea i really hope its not temporary flight either unless it was really quick...

I feel like she will be based around her flight which is ok with me. Shes the only one so far who can actually fly like that, which i also like.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Unfortunately no, we have info at her character trait at all...The only video i have even seen was the battle arena.
Apparently, her trait is free flight mode and you can see her doing something like that @ 1:14 in the Battle Arena video:

Apparently, her trait is free flight mode and you can see her doing something like that @ 1:14 in the Battle Arena video:

Ive seen the video and i have seen her flying buddy, how do you know thats her character trait and not just a special move thats what i want to know.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Ive seen the video and i have seen her flying buddy, how do you know thats her character trait and not just a special move thats what i want to know.
Well, I don't know for sure. But if you look closely, that is the only time she changes her altitude during flight. All the other times she has one set height. She almost appears to fly at an angle (they change the perspective so it's hard to tell). Some of the tweets that have been coming out of PAX mentioned free flight as her trait.

Well, I don't know for sure. But if you look closely, that is the only time she changes her altitude during flight. All the other times she has one set height. She almost appears to fly at an angle (they change the perspective so it's hard to tell). Some of the tweets that have been coming out of PAX mentioned free flight as her trait.
Id greatly appreciate links to those tweets because i wanna know for sure. I believe you but there is no 100% proof yet

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I'm pretty excited about Hawkgirl, flight mode characters and arial dominance characters are a favorite of mine.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
Her trait is yes the flight mode. and you can control flying her higher or lower. looks pretty awesome

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Her trait is yes the flight mode. and you can control flying her higher or lower. looks pretty awesome
Eh, seriously? Can you go into some more depth about how it works?

Is it good or useless? I was hoping flight would have some manual inputs, and her trait would be something better...

Eh, seriously? Can you go into some more depth about how it works?

Is it good or useless? I was hoping flight would have some manual inputs, and her trait would be something better...
From what ive seen...
Its quick and high. The movement is average while flying and she can throw the mace in two directions and still stay in flight if she chooses (at least on whiff). The mace during flight is an overhead. It lasts quite a while and can be canceled into. Her jump is slow so i think the flight will be important for mix up game.

Espio

Kokomo
Looking at Hawk Girl's design again, she has one of my favorite designs of all the confirmed characters. I like it much more than Raven's (my fave's primary) lol.

I'd like to know more about her playstyle, is she more offensive or defensive? Not sure what to glean from the limited footage.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Looking Hawk Girl's design again, she has one of my favorite designs of all the confirmed characters. I like it much more than Raven's (my fave primary) lol.

I'd like to know her playstyle, is she more offensive or defensive, not sure what to glean from the limited footage.
Brady said she was a "hit and run" character, though we won't know for sure until we get our mitts on the game.

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.
She's gonna be really fun to use....I won't be maining her but I'm definitely gonna be using her a lot.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Every time I said "Hawkgirl" it sounds like I say hot girl.

Also I plan on trying her out day one. I hope the flying trait thing isn't as dumb as it sounds.

I'm definitely interested in this bad bitch. What I want to know is if she can high/low mixup rape you all day with her flight.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I'm really curious as to how her flight will affect her neutral game. If she's able to poke and escape easily she could be a really strong mid-range character. Though if she is purely rush-down, but still has good arial movement options, then she could possibly own the momentum of the match. (See: Taokaka, Valkenhayn (BlazBlue), Millia, Eddie (Guilty Gear), Magneto, Zero (UMvC3))

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Im wondering can Hawkgirl do from normal to flight back to normal combo strings, MVC and Skullgirls type of combo's? but not to that extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.