What's new

The official Tom Brady new main speculation

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It is NOT Sub Zero, and that is not trolling. I
I honestly would not be surprised if it's Sub-Zero and he's just saying this to troll. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned around and pointed out the following:

1) Sub-Zero USED to have a face; Brady was, before he dropped Sub.

2) Sub is secretly super top-tier because of some BADASS NEW TECH THAT BRADY HAS FOUND (reminder that the last time he said this was in October, and it lasted until NEC).

I could definitely see him contriving all this just to troll TYM, so I won't be surprised if this is the case.
It is NOT Sub Zero, and this is no troll. Talk to him for five minutes and hear his hatred of the character and you will understand, lol.

Altaire

Noob
It is NOT Sub Zero, and that is not trolling. I

It is NOT Sub Zero, and this is no troll. Talk to him for five minutes and hear his hatred of the character and you will understand, lol.
...And you SERIOUSLY don't think that could be theatrics?

I understand his hatred of the character all too well, because it's a re-run of the same shit he was saying about him when he first dropped him. I can't believe anyone takes what Brady says at face value without question.

Zoidberg747

He said it offline, in a normal conversation. He has numerously said that he hates the character, and that his mission is to show every sub player how much he sucks. He was also completely serious when he said this, and you can tell when he is seriousXD

CYracks

Command Grabber
I'll believe this "New Main" shit when I see it. If it's anyone other then Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage and Kung Lao I'll be surprised.
Right now I'm leaning toward KL, but that's not really a new character for Tom Brady.

Red Son

Noob
Lao's TYM community is too small, we got only 2 pages, if he was the new brady's main it would be changed.

I'm guessing that it's Cyrax or Kung Lao. My heart is for lao

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
C'mon guys, we all know he's picking up Freddy :)
That would be a good idea, I think. At least for him. I can't imagine how solid defensively and safe he could be with Freddy. From what I remember of his Sub, he really liked to play it safe a lot. Freddy can do a lot of the same stuff but I think even better. He's a very complete character, IMO.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Kinda wish he was picking up Kano, more new blood for the brotherhood is always nice.

But I could also see him picking up Noob.
"Can be played really cheap"
"used to have a face" (scorpion burned it off)
"Top Tier" um... Tom has odd ideas of tier
And it would be fitting, bc sub is dead to him, time to get rez'd by quan and get shady

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Mr. Mileena will change your opinion on that.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer
I've never said Sindel is a bad character. You misunderstood me. I hate her ass with a passion, especially playing Sub-Zero. All I'm saying is that there's character that simply destroy her. Like Raiden, KL, Kabal, Maybe Mileena, etc.. It would be as tough to achieve success with her as it is with Sub-Zero.

Altaire

Noob
Lao's TYM community is too small, we got only 2 pages, if he was the new brady's main it would be changed.

Did ANYONE watch the video he posted? Why even waste your time conjecturing if you haven't?

He already said it's a character he's never played. Brady has played Kung Lao in tournament about as much as he's played Sub-Zero, and he actually played Cyrax in tournament at Civil War. The more you know.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I've never said Sindel is a bad character. You misunderstood me. I hate her ass with a passion, especially playing Sub-Zero. All I'm saying is that there's character that simply destroy her. Like Raiden, KL, Kabal, Maybe Mileena, etc.. It would be as tough to achieve success with her as it is with Sub-Zero.
I believe there isn't a character in this game that isn't tournament viable, We've seen swifttomhanks make it to the grand finals of a tourny with sheeva with her most basic of strategies and people better watch it if birdsongs brings that jade to a tourny. I think these these characters can be taken to distance they just have to be played correctly.

Altaire

Noob
He said it offline, in a normal conversation. He has numerously said that he hates the character, and that his mission is to show every sub player how much he sucks. He was also completely serious when he said this, and you can tell when he is seriousXD
I think you'd be thoroughly amazed by how many people really can't tell when Bill is serious.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I spoke with the man himself. It's Sektor, Tom is going to put a rest to all the "is this character good or not" hype.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
10 pages of this? lol

In all seriousness... who the hell cares who Bill plays now? We will all see at WB and FR.

Saint

Noob
I'm just saying Tom Brady doesn't deserve a whole thread dedicated to who he will main. My two cents are Kung lao and Kano or Lao and rai
lmao someone's jelly

my first thought was noob, but he's not on most peoples top 5.

has to be sektor or freddy

Red Son

Noob
Altaire said:
Red Son said:

Did ANYONE watch the video he posted? Why even waste your time conjecturing if you haven't?

He already said it's a character he's never played. Brady has played Kung Lao in tournament about as much as he's played Sub-Zero, and he actually played Cyrax in tournament at Civil War. The more you know.
Sorry mr. knowledge. I just like to troll

Brady is trollin' us all, he's gonna pick Sub or KL again.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I don't care so much who it is he's picked up (I thought Mileena but he mentioned that the character was a male in one of his last videos, i think, so with that in mind, probably Raiden), but I do hope the guy is allowed to simply enjoy playing the game without the excessive Brady hate that seems to go around. I know the guy hypes things up, but just let him play the game.

As a sidenote, I don't think it can possibly be Sub-Zero, lol.

halfeaten

Fully Composed
After re-watching the finals from last year's PowerUp, I feel like there's a good chance Johnny Cage is his new main. He fits all the criteria given to us, and I know Tom practices with JOP.

Just a thought.

After re-watching the finals from last year's PowerUp, I feel like there's a good chance Johnny Cage is his new main. He fits all the criteria given to us, and I know Tom practices with JOP.

Just a thought.
A Johnny Cage trying to lame it out winning by time out?

lol that's like rushing people down with Dhalsim.

Zoidberg747

He could also mean using frametraps and rushdown to win, even though he thinks it is lame.

JC is as good of a guess as any others.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I wasn't going to join this discussion but here's a list of players it CAN'T be because of his last statement (someone we have NEVER seen him play).

Sub-Zero: From what I hear, he played him a few times.
Kung Lao: EVO etc
Johnny Cage: Power Up
Noob Saibot: Power Up, CEO and Devastation
Kano: Digital Dojo stream and Civil War
Cyrax: Civil War
Raiden: VSM Stream that's been posted
Kenshi: Same as above
Ermac: PDP youtube video showing us "how to beat Kung Lao"
Nightwolf: GGA Stream

....That's as far as I can think of. I know the Ermac thing was a stretch but he did say NEVER lol.