What's new

The official Tom Brady new main speculation

Flagg

Noob
So he has two new mains? Interesting.....

I think the two new mains are out of this selection based on his "clues": Kano, Kruegar, KL and Raiden (possibly Stryker or Skarlet as well)

As i've just started using Skarlet, if Brady started using Kano or Skarlet, I would be super hype.

EDIT: Okay, after watching the vid, im convinced it's Kano. I think Tom is going to go on a knife spam/upball frenzy!

i think its Scorpion. He doesnt have a face, and Tom is good friends and sparring partners with PerfectLegend who happened to put Scorpion in his list of top 5 characters. I'm betting that Tom secretly has an amazing Scorpion that PL really respects.

I dont know why else PL would put Scorpion in his top 5. there isnt any high level players besides Slips that play him, and PL had no problems at all /w Slips and seemed to know the Scorpion matchup really well somehow...
Slips IS the face of scorpion even more so than other people who are the face of the character, since slips really is the only one at the highsest level with scorp.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Quan Chi is an interesting speculation ..... Tom already knew before the basics of the character, and I remember in one of his videos, he talking about the ridiculous set up combo sequence pressure Quan Chi is able to pull off .... I guess he even showed some examples in the video .... Quan Chi is a way underrated, and never was in the tier spotlight before, so, could be, who knows ?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Skarlet I say, but I won't be surprised if it's Sub-Zero - he does not have a face meaning no one has won a tournament with him and SZ forum is dead without Tom Brady :)

Dark_Rob

Noob
If NRS had somebody even half as good at publicity as Tom Brady is, this game would have sold 20 million copies lol. I just read all 7 pages of this. The irony is that I could just call Bill up and find out for myself who hes playing.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Kung Lao.

No recognisable player/face of the character at high level play.
He ''used to have a face'' when Perfect Legend played him, but now he plays another top tier character in Raiden.
Kung Lao boards are dead.

Kung Lao.

No recognisable player/face of the character at high level play.
He ''used to have a face'' when Perfect Legend played him, but now he plays another top tier character in Raiden.
Kung Lao boards are dead.
But he has played Kung Lao before at tournaments.

He said it's a new character he never played seriously before.

UsedForGlue

But he has played Kung Lao before at tournaments.

He said it's a new character he never picked before.
He has said a million times he would never use Sub Zero again, and he has, that could also easily happen for KL, so you can't really take what TomBrady says about his character selection literally, for all we know it could Sub Zero again.

And if its a character he never picked before, then how did he write the guide? He has a grasp of all characters and has at some point used every one of them. Its Kung Lao, or Sub Zero.

And again, going by his ''riddles'', it could easily be Kano ''Used to have a face'' and no one uses him competitively, and has no recognisable person behind him.

Could also be Ermac.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I was gonna say, Tom is sounding like Ed boon here. You think he is giving you answers when in actuality he isn't giving you anything.

Tom Brady, the only major I have been to is evo, I am the "face" of nightwolf because I am the only one who advertises my locals and produces new tech. So technically my character could fall in your category. From past conversations I assume NW is not who you are talking about but I would be flattered if it were.

So...?

UsedForGlue

I was gonna say, Tom is sounding like Ed boon here. You think he is giving you answers when in actuality he isn't giving you anything.

Tom Brady, the only major I have been to is evo, I am the "face" of nightwolf because I am the only one who advertises my locals and produces new tech. So technically my character could fall in your category. From past conversations I assume NW is not who you are talking about but I would be flattered if it were.

So...?
If you listed characters, players immediately spring up first in your mind, some of them may not be the best with the character, but the most popular faces come up first.

Scorpion - Slips
Lui Kang - ATL redd
KL - Perfect Legend
Sub Zero - Tom Brady
Sindel - Dan Cock
Ermac - Metzos
Reptile - THTB - Arturo
Kitana - 16Bit, Konqrr, CrazyDominican
Cage - Foxy
Jade - Krazie?
Mileena - PIG Reo
NW - Fly and only Fly
Cyrax - Mustard
Noob - Hitoshura
Smoke - KT
Sektor - Ketchup - SwiftTomHanks
Sonya - Rui48
Jax - Tyrant
Kano -
Stryker - Vulcan or shudinkijyinkudink
Shang - Detriot
Baraka - THTB 1Man3Letters
Kabal - Reo
Raiden - Nivek Bwh1zz
CSZ - UsedForGlue - PigOfTheHut
Sheeva - BoysBoysBoys - Michael Bolton
Quan Chi - Hidan
Skarlet - Helter Skelter? (doesn't play that often)
Kenshi - Teef - Michelangelo
Rain - CDjr
Freddy - M2Dave

So going by that off the cuff list, there really is not that many characters with out high level representation.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Its Raiden, why do you think he put Raiden as his #1.

Theres only a few players that actually play Raiden lame as it is. PLs Raiden, even though he won, didnt play lame.

Think of its from his POV, who would he have considered the player that used to be the face of the character? JOP, not PL/Bwizz/Nivek etc

UsedForGlue

Its Raiden, why do you think he put Raiden as his #1.

Theres only a few players that actually play Raiden lame as it is. PLs Raiden, even though he won, didnt play lame.

Think of its from his POV, who would he have considered the player that used to be the face of the character? JOP, not PL/Bwizz/Nivek etc
When I think of Raiden players, I don't think PL. I would say JOP before PL, because of the exposure.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR

Let's see... super top tier and lame... the most I think about it, the more I believe it's Mileena. She has a face?

i call sindel
Trully doubt it. I can't imagine Sindell being tournament competitive material, she has some terrible match ups.

Trully doubt it. I can't imagine Sindell being tournament competitive material, she has some terrible match ups.
Well Tom placed top 8 and top 3 numerous times with "the absolute worst character in the game". If he can win with the very worst, surely he can win with any other character. :p

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Mr Mileena better wreck people at FR. I for one am sick of hearing that^^ I hope he actually proves me wrong, but even Mr Mileena said she is like 12th. Still not top tier.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Mr Mileena better wreck people at FR. I for one am sick of hearing that^^ I hope he actually proves me wrong, but even Mr Mileena said she is like 12th. Still not top tier.
He isn't going to FR unfortunately, I wish he was because he would wreck people. I'm not calling sindel top tier I am just saying she is definitely tournament viable.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer