What's new

The Official Souls Forum (Demon/DS1/DS2)

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Can someone make me a build? I don't really know what I want, like a fast attacking weapon. I wanna be able to be really fast but do some damage at the same time.

Of course this character will be made after my current one beats the game.

Can someone make me a build? I don't really know what I want, like a fast attacking weapon. I wanna be able to be really fast but do some damage at the same time.

Gop back to the Undead Burg and kill the merchant near the beginning. He drops a very good Katana that is very viable well into multiple NG+s

LEGEND

YES!

Good timing, was about to map out my new build

what SL do you want to stop at and are you focusing on PvP or PvE?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Good timing, was about to map out my new build

what SL do you want to stop at and are you focusing on PvP or PvE?
Uhm currently I'm on my first playthrough which is moreso a shitty char atm.

What's the best SL that people pvp at, 120 right? And after im done with the game(first playthrough) i plan on just pvping.

LEGEND

YES!
Uhm currently I'm on my first playthrough which is moreso a shitty char atm.

What's the best SL that people pvp at, 120 right? And after im done with the game(first playthrough) i plan on just pvping.
I feel that SL100 builds make the best PvPers on a balance standpoint but ya SL120 is the most common, though will mostly likely get trampled if you go the colosseum

Impose

A Call For Blood
I feel that SL100 builds make the best PvPers on a balance standpoint but ya SL120 is the most common, though will mostly likely get trampled if you go the colosseum
120s can easily smash through any level that exists.

The power difference between a 710 and a 120 is almost negligable if you build your 120 correctly

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Ohhhkay, I'll make multiple chars I don't really care. The game is just really fun

Impose

A Call For Blood
Ohhhkay, I'll make multiple chars I don't really care. The game is just really fun
I'll likely have a TV in my room within a couple of days. I'll help you with stuff soon enough.

I cannot bottomless box glitch anymore, so I can't make new characters. But I have a mule with one of every item in the game. So if you'd like to try a weapon out, I can easily give you whatever it is you want.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

You like to parry. Get yourself the bandit's knife, parrying dagger, dark silver tracer, etc. and choose if you want to build them normally to +15 (I think the dark silver tracer might only go to +5), or modify them into chaos/fire/magic/enchanted. For you starting out I'd say lean towards intelligence along with dexterity. I'm not suggesting any specific armor sets to you, as I don't really have a preference. Just know that if you want to be fast, your equipment can't be heavy. Now daggers are not the only weapon for dexterity, as you have curved swords, curved greatswords, and katanas as well. Daggers are just good for their crazy critical hits. (They do more critical damage than most(any? Impose) other weapon in the game).

In short
-Dagger/Curved/Katana for a weapon
-Small shields have a bigger parry window, but at the cost of less protection. I never struggled with a medium shield, but this is again preference. The parrying dagger could also be used to parry.
-Light armor
-Since you want to be fast, you should have the ninja flip ring(dark wood grain ring), and probably ring of favor and protection for good measure

-Level endurance/dexterity and possibly intelligence (if you opt for magic/enchanted weapons). Vitality is a no brainer, but you won't need terribly much.

I feel like I'm being too descriptive, as I don't want to tell you every single piece of equipment you should have for this character. Remember part of the fun of this game is being able to experiment with stuff as well! Consider this my loose guideline.

Reactions: Jer

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I'll likely have a TV in my room within a couple of days. I'll help you with stuff soon enough.

I cannot bottomless box glitch anymore, so I can't make new characters. But I have a mule with one of every item in the game. So if you'd like to try a weapon out, I can easily give you whatever it is you want.
Alright awesome, I literally am still completely dumb about this game, so I have no idea what kind of stuff to use.

Impose

A Call For Blood
You like to parry. Get yourself the bandit's knife, parrying dagger, dark silver tracer, etc. and choose if you want to build them normally to +15 (I think the dark silver tracer might only go to +5), or modify them into chaos/fire/magic/enchanted. For you starting out I'd say lean towards intelligence along with dexterity. I'm not suggesting any specific armor sets to you, as I don't really have a preference. Just know that if you want to be fast, your equipment can't be heavy. Now daggers are not the only weapon for dexterity, as you have curved swords, curved greatswords, and katanas as well. Daggers are just good for their crazy critical hits. (They do more critical damage than most(any? Impose) other weapon in the game).

In short
-Dagger/Curved/Katana for a weapon
-Small shields have a bigger parry window, but at the cost of less protection. I never struggled with a medium shield, but this is again preference. The parrying dagger could also be used to parry.
-Light armor
-Since you want to be fast, you should have the ninja flip ring(dark wood grain ring), and probably ring of favor and protection for good measure

-Level endurance/dexterity and possibly intelligence (if you opt for magic/enchanted weapons). Vitality is a no brainer, but you won't need terribly much.

I feel like I'm being too descriptive, as I don't want to tell you every single piece of equipment you should have for this character. Remember part of the fun of this game is being able to experiment with stuff as well! Consider this my loose guideline.
I am not going to go into the details of the math of criticals in this game but I will just say that for smaller weapons the rapier has the highest critical damage in the game.
Also. Smaller shields DO NOT have a larger parry window, they have a DELAYED parry window.

Killphil

I am not going to go into the details of the math of criticals in this game but I will just say that for smaller weapons the rapier has the highest critical damage in the game.
Also. Smaller shields DO NOT have a larger parry window, they have a DELAYED parry window.
Jer daggers have higher critical damage than MOST ^ weapons in the game. :)

LEGEND

YES!
Okay cool. This is just for my future character, I'm still not done. Just starting Darkroot lol
http://mmdks.com/o60 for a Sl100 Dex/Pyro that mainly focuses on Katanas/Curved Swords and wiff punishing Parries with Great combustion/Black Flame (My standard build)
-
http://mmdks.com/omu For a SL120 Soldier Build that can utilize 1 pyromancey and is capable of using almost every weapon effectively (hence the soldier label)

let me know if you want me to load them with equipment for you, or if you want to find your own style

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
http://mmdks.com/o60 for a Sl100 Dex/Pyro that mainly focuses on Katanas/Curved Swords and wiff punishing Parries with Great combustion/Black Flame (My standard build)
-
http://mmdks.com/omu For a SL120 Soldier Build that can utilize 1 pyromancey and is capable of using almost every weapon effectively (hence the soldier label)

let me know if you want me to load them with equipment for you, or if you want to find your own style
Cool thanks

Ask anything. My knowledge of the game is completely open to whoever wishes to learn
Thanks dude, if I have questions im gunna ask :p

Impose

A Call For Blood
-

Use ^ his guide

His first link is a great start to dex builds. It's basically perfect.

Killphil

Ohhhkay. xD So much knowledge going on in here >_<
Yea when you look at a weapon's stats there should be something that says critical dmg modifier and on most every weapon the number is 100 but for daggers it goes higher. Not to mention daggers scale decently to extremely well with dexterity.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Yeah I'm watching Peeve play and he's using a build with a Kitana and his dude looks like a ninja, looks so fun

Impose

A Call For Blood
thank you kind sir
ofc. It's true. I would only amend a single thing in the build, but thats my preference and not anything wrong with it.

Yeah I'm watching Peeve play and he's using a build with a Kitana and his dude looks like a ninja, looks so fun
Be careful with peeves builds. I'm unsure what video you're watching but most of builds rely on extreme pvp knowledge. Half of his builds were refined with duels with myself and a couple other stream goers.

His style is great to watch to learn for tips. Peeve is a very deliberate pvper. He doesn't alter tactics much, but what he does do he does extremely well.

His builds are in an upper tier of class though. Just a fair warning.